Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did anybody see the stoning of that old woman? Holy that was traumatizing to watch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did anybody see the stoning of that old woman? Holy that was traumatizing to watch.
    I turned the other way man, I can handle Game of Thrones' gore, but the stoning is just on a whole other level of brutality.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I turned the other way man, I can handle Game of Thrones' gore, but the stoning is just on a whole other level of brutality.
    That scene stuck with me throughout the episode and the rest of the night. It was easily the most brutal thing I've ever seen in terms of TV shows.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That scene stuck with me throughout the episode and the rest of the night. It was easily the most brutal thing I've ever seen in terms of TV shows.
    Reminds me of my " you shouldn't watch on the internet" binge a couple of years back. I couldn't sleep for days. It's crazy how that stuff messes with your mind.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Reminds me of my " you shouldn't watch on the internet" binge a couple of years back. I couldn't sleep for days. It's crazy how that stuff messes with your mind.
    Yeah

tbh I was expecting more of the same from the show...that scene was the first of this episode...it kinda just got thrown in the episode. I've been reading online and some people are being heavily critical about the scene. So much that they'll stop watching the show altogether...I wouldn't do that personally but I understand if people are sensitive to that .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    After episode 3 the show has progressed nicely. I like the forboding vibe and melancholy of each episode. And yes, that stoning scene was a heart stopper.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm still not sure what this show is about, TBH.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Anyone see the pre departure episode last night? Freaky seeing the Kevin guy cheat on his wife and then the woman he was screwing just disappeared. Nice booty though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Holy I thought this show lost itself during season 1. Caught up with season 2 and it's gotten really good. The most recent episode is one of the greatest I've seen.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Holy I thought this show lost itself during season 1. Caught up with season 2 and it's gotten really good. The most recent episode is one of the greatest I've seen.
    I mentioned it in another thread.. s2 is better than 1. Last episode was crazy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I mentioned it in another thread.. s2 is better than 1. Last episode was crazy
    Yup. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that last episode. It was on some level of greatness hardly reached. So many different themes and symbolisms all while culminating the ending of Patti in Garvey's subconscious (or is it?). That last scene in the well was tough to watch tbh. You almost feel sorry for a character like hers after her unsettling and abusive relationship is unearthed. The earthquakes, are they a bridge between our lively dimension and that "other place"?

I absolutely love what they're doing with this show. Hopefully it continues and isn't ended.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yup. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that last episode. It was on some level of greatness hardly reached. So many different themes and symbolisms all while culminating the ending of Patti in Garvey's subconscious (or is it?). That last scene in the well was tough to watch tbh. You almost feel sorry for a character like hers after her unsettling and abusive relationship is unearthed. The earthquakes, are they a bridge between our lively dimension and that "other place"?

I absolutely love what they're doing with this show. Hopefully it continues and isn't ended.
    There were so many symbolic metaphors and red herrings it almost seems you have to watch it twice to catch them all. Lindelof at his finest.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree, this show has picked up the pace and it has leap frogged other shows that I have been watching. Especially with the development of Kevin's character.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So the Guilty Remnant was behind the disappearance of those girls. Now a few questions come to surface: What happened to the water in the lake? Is the Guilty Remnant somehow hold a modi of responsibility for the general departure? With Kevin coming back to life, what will unfold in Jarden now that his fingerprints were officially found to be on that car window? Why are Kevin's fingerprints even there? Did he go to some place upstairs where he just forgot all about the present moment and acted by direction of Patti?

On that last episode, thank they didn't show the stoning of that kid. I usually like seeing shows take it to the next level with stuff like that, but nah. That grenade scene with the school bus full of presumably elementary students, HOLY . ing brutal, even if the grenade was a fake. As that camera panned out with the school bus in background I thought I would see some horrible .

Take the shock value for what its worth. I am, and I am enjoying it.

@ people who aren't watching this show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Waiting for it to be on Netflix

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Waiting for it to be on Netflix
    It's hbo... Not gonna happen.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Am I the only that thinks season 2 has been really hit or miss? When the episodes are about Kevin, they're good. When the episodes aren't about him, they're . That episode about him going to purgatory was epic. Patty is so annoying. I hate that hoe. The episode on Sunday could be the series finale because it hasn't been renewed yet and the ratings for season 2 have been awful. I hope it gets a 3rd season just so the show will explain the departure. Maybe HBO will "Treme" it and give it 4 more episodes in 2016 to wrap it up.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    God daaaaaaamn that was a good finale.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    That episode probably had at least a dozen gif worthy moments. I loved the part in which John walks into the doctor's office and says to Kevin "I killed you" and Kevin says "nope".

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That episode probably had at least a dozen gif worthy moments. I loved the part in which John walks into the doctor's office and says to Kevin "I killed you" and Kevin says "nope".
    Lol I know right... I was thinking to myself, after all that he went through, that's exactly what I would of said too.

That karaoke scene.... man. Can't say enough about this season, if they don't renew it I'm gonna be pissed.

GR was even outside hbo headquarters protesting for s3 today

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/left...bo-1201655760/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Holy . What a mind blown season finale. I haven't been this emotional since the series finale of LOST. People gave up on this show?

And yes, people are already comparing the two.

PLEASE RENEW SEASON 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The GR that showed up in front of HBO Offices was epic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They just left Kevin there for what was probably hours. It was light out when John shot him. This season is light years ahead of the first. If it keeps building, season 3 may be the best of all.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Is Kevin basically unkillable? Or just has an amazing will to live? Crazy mofo died 3 times in the season finale. Drowned, poisoned, and shot.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is Kevin basically unkillable? Or just has an amazing will to live? Crazy mofo died 3 times in the season finale. Drowned, poisoned, and shot.
    Him trying to drown himself when he was sleepwalking was just showing what happened in ep1... but he didn't kill himself that time, the earthquake happened right after he jumped and drained the creek as he came up from the sand.

The poisoning was the ep before when he had to die to get rid of Patty. But still... coming back from purgatory twice is pretty crazy. I wish he would of made contact with his dad again the second time...

Which brings up more questions for me... since everyone in the hotel is dead/in purgatory, did his dad die too? I know he's not exactly in the hotel but in the tv... he's still able to communicate with him. Have a feeling s3 may take place in Australia.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I know it was a flashback but it was shown in the season finale so he technically dealt with near death or death experiences 3 times in the finale. Kevin tried to kill himself by drowning but the earthquake happened. We saw him come back from purgatory the first time. Finally, we saw him die again and come back from purgatory the 2nd time.

Am I the only one that think the show is a lot better when it focuses on Kevin?

Thread Information