Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so happy for the Spurs. They deserved this. I'm so glad to be a Spurs fan, they are such a classy team that plays team basketball.
    Last edited by SpursDynasty21; 06-16-2014 at 10:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily the best one. Dayum!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A man with good taste in both Basketball and Football.
    now lets watch the greatest crybaby in soccer ...

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for dying Tony Gwynn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Congratulations to the Spurs & their fans…Tremendous team ball…
    Spurs just dismantled the Heat…

Rugged like Rwanda SpursNextRomanEmpire's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, so nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs’ Fifth le Is One For The Ageless

By Ben Bolch, Los Angeles Times

SAN ANTONIO — The healing began with about five minutes left in the third quarter, Manu Ginobili rising for a three-pointer that gave the San Antonio Spurs a lead simply too massive to overcome.

As a barrage of Patty Mills three-pointers accentuated the rout Sunday night, the decibels rose inside the AT&T Center to levels that hadn’t been experienced here since 2007.

The Spurs were champions once again, a 104-87 victory over the Miami Heat in Game 5 of the NBA Finals giving them their first le in seven years and all but erasing the sting of last year’s soul-crushing defeat against the same opponent on the same stage.

As black-and-silver confetti fell from the rafters, Spurs forward Tim Duncan embraced his children, teammate Kawhi Leonard accepted congratulatory pats all over his body for being named Finals most valuable player and coach Gregg Popovich tucked away his grumpy side to crack a wide smile.

“It makes last year OK,” Duncan said in a televised interview on the court after becoming the first player to win a championship in three different decades, having also won les in 1999, 2003, 2005 and 2007.

Winning Finals MVP on Father’s Day may have also had a therapeutic effect for Leonard, the onetime Riverside (CA) King High star whose father was murdered at a Los Angeles-area car wash in 2008. The crime is unsolved.

“It is a very special meaning for me knowing that he’s gone and I was able to win a championship on Father’s Day,” said Leonard, who finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds. The forward who turns 23 in two weeks became the second-youngest player to win Finals MVP behind Magic Johnson, who won it at 20 and 22, after averaging 17.8 points and 6.4 rebounds while shooting 61.2 percent in the series.

Unlike Miami’s LeBron James, essentially a one-man operation with 31 points, 10 rebounds and five assists, Leonard had plenty of help. Ginobili finished with 19 points and Mills had 17, making four of five three-point attempts in the fourth quarter as the Spurs built a 22-point cushion.

Miami was unable to overcome the psychological toll of back-to-back blowouts on its home court in Games 3 and 4 as well as an equally disheartening 38-point turnaround in Game 5 after the Heat had seized an early 22-6 lead. The 70-point differential between the teams in the five games was the biggest in Finals history.

“They were the much better team,” said James, now 2-3 in Finals after the Heat fell short in its three-peat bid. “That’s how team basketball should be played.”

Heat guard Dwyane Wade looked slow and old for a second consecutive game, finishing with 11 points on four-for-12 shooting. Miami’s Chris Bosh, who had predicted victory in the morning shootaround, was also largely a non-factor with 13 points.

Duncan had 14 points and eight rebounds on the way to fulfilling his pre-series pledge that his team would avenge last season’s Finals defeat. It was the fifth le for Duncan and Popovich and the fourth for the trio of Duncan, Ginobili and Tony Parker, who scored 16 points.

Miami started Ray Allen instead of the struggling Mario Chalmers in an effort to get off to a better start than it had in the previous two games, and the plan worked flawlessly in the early going.

Well, mostly because the Heat still had James on the court. He had 17 first-quarter points on five-for-seven shooting to go with six rebounds and an assist while acting as the primary point guard.

But an early 16-point lead was gone by late in the second quarter, the Spurs surging ahead, 47-40, by halftime and never trailing again.

James’ lack of support was an ongoing issue throughout the series, triggering questions he quickly dismissed about whether he would opt out of his contract this summer.

As for the Spurs, with Duncan, Parker and Ginobili all under contract for one more season, they may not be finished with their championship tally.

“It’s amazing to think about having done this five times,” said Duncan, who called this le his sweetest. “The span between them, to still be in a situation where we can win or I can win another championship is just an amazing blessing, and it’s not taken lightly.”

http://www.nationalmemo.com/spurs-fi...e-one-ageless/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont know if posted...

Wow, fantastic video...FANTASTIC FINISH!!!! Go Spurs Go!!!!!

So proud of MY team!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy finally won a ring for his thumb! What a season this was. I was not fully convinced the Spurs had the firepower to pull it off earlier in the season when they couldn't beat the elite teams in NBA. However, they started to gel and get moving and once that began nobody was going to stop the juggernaught that is the Spurs. I'm sooo happy to be a Spurs fan right now. Congrats to the San Antonio Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy finally wo a ring for his thumb! What a season this was. I was not fully convinced the Spurs had the firepower to pull it off earlier in the season when they couldn't beat the elite teams in NBA. However, they started to gel and get moving and once that began nobody was going to stop the juggernaught that is the Spurs. I'm sooo happy to be a Spurs fan right now. Congrats to the San Antonio Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man this is crazy....looking back at January and how the media was making it a big deal the spurs horrible record vs elite teams and here they are now! Very happy for Tim and Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is, BY FAR, the sweetest one. I started crying like a when I saw TD with his kids.
    Fact! I was sitting with 4 adult men and 3 women, and there wasn't a dry eye in the theater. This one is extra special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that the spurs took out the top 2 players on this planet (KD and LBJ) makes this so sweet. Got revenge on both of them.

January Championship Banner? td4mvp21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a great, rewarding season. Revenge against the Heat/Thunder/Mavs. Breaking all the Lakers records (most wins by trio, Tim's individual records). Largest Finals point differential ever. 19 straight wins in the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By far, the best championship out of the 5. My favorite team of all time in any sport tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is definitely the sweetest one of all!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!
    +1 (next year)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best fathers day gift EVERRRRRRR!!! lol!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank You Spurs! "Move The Ball Or Die"!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank You Spurs! "Move The Ball Or Die"!!
    Your predictions really blasted back in your face there huh?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you TEAM. So beautiful. I cried like a baby and still celebrate...cheers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to pat myself on the back for my "are you scared?" threads I made before every series. The only reason it didn't work last year is cuz some geek bumped an old thread right before i made mine SMH

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you, man. Did you really have to post this?
    I thought I was done crying for tonight...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an incredible finals for us. There is literally nothing I can say that we did wrong. Overall we played near-flawless team basketball and the championship is well deserved. To get back in the finals after last year and get through the super tough Western Conference and win it all is just amazing. Go Spurs!!

Thread Information