Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much irony here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, the fact that a decision this far-reaching can come down to 3 ing assholes (or 6 lined pockets) is mind boggling itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    conservative activist commissioners

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    conservative activist commissioners
    oligarchy s, legal corruption, those 3 will certainly have well-paid post-FCC remuneration

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what bears watching as well is the FTC's appeal of the Ninth Circuit Appellate Court's ruling regarding Section 5 of the FTC act in how it relates to regulating authority and le II. and it should be mentioned that Obama did not relent on le II until public pressure mounted and he then decided to get Wheeler to embrace neutrality.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ajit Pai just handed Republicans a bag of

Killing net neutrality isn't just bad policy, it's bad politics

repeal virtually every open internet and net neutrality rule on the books, reclassify broadband service in a way that prevents further rules from being implemented, and

hands consumer protection to another government agency that’s never dealt with these issues before.

Pai did this regardless of the millions of Americans who flooded the government asking for these protections to remain;

regardless of the tens of thousands of fake comments that overwhelmed the FCC’s systems and prompted 12 states attorneys general across the country to demand further investigation; and

regardless of the thousands of online businesses telling the FCC that their very survival is threatened by ISPs picking winners and losers.

He also did it knowing lawsuits would be instantly incoming; the first ones are already here.

Most importantly, Pai also gutted net neutrality without ever trying to make the case for it being a good idea.

But Pai has never sat down and seriously engaged his critics to make a persuasive case that changing these enormously popular rules will somehow increase compe ion, lower prices, or increase service levels for the vast majority of Americans who have but one or two choices for broadband service.

He has never said that he’s actually opposed to blocking or throttling and identified a mechanism under his new rules by which those activities would be even slightly limited

The public hates the repeal of net neutrality: 83 percent of people in thisWashington Post poll support net neutrality when it’s explained to them,

including 3 out of 4 Republicans.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/14/...olitics-whoops

Pai can act "regardless" of Americans and politics, immune to the citizenry, because he's vaccinated by the oligarchy against any taint from Americans.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, the Republicans already motivated the blacks in Alabama more than Obama did -- now they're poking at all the millennials in the country with this issue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the Republicans already motivated the blacks in Alabama more than Obama did -- now they're poking at all the millennials in the country with this issue.
    If the lawsuits don't get the nn repeal stayed, I bet BigISP will wait until after the mid-terms to start the serious ing and fleecing.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, the fact that a decision this far-reaching can come down to 3 ing assholes (or 6 lined pockets) is mind boggling itself.
    Citizens United was decided by 5 assholes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Net Neutrality is, in theory, regulations requiring ISPs to treat people fairly. This gets really technical, but that's the abbreviated version. Some people say this is what the current, Obama-led legislation does, while others say that this is crony capitalism. Many of the ISPs and Internet companies the regulations affected openly endorsed net neutrality, making some even more su ious that it was crony capitalism.

Additionally, while many believe Net Neutrality protects our liberties, does nothing to compel social media websites like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter to respect its users' cons utional right to free speech. This is a major criticism among conservatives.
    For the first 15 years of the internet, you could do anything you wanted on it. You could access anything you wanted on it. It was wide open. It grew and it created multibillionaires left and right. There was nothing wrong with it except the left didn't have their hands on it. Here comes Obama with net neutrality."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chris doesnt know anything about what net neutrality does except obama

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "muh inernet"
    What a principled, well thought out, and articulate defense of the net neutrality opposition. Thanks so much for giving me another perspective and a lot to think about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Citizens United was decided by 5 assholes.
    1 trillion iraq war was decided by 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chris doesnt know anything about what net neutrality does except obama
    21 with the bads per par. SAD!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only hope is new technologies will keep these corporations spinning and they wont be able to keep up

Internet

Social media

Bitcoin

Satellite internet

Etc

Etc

these corporations hope they all rot to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN Implodes Over Net Neutrality, Claims Exact Opposite Of What FCC chairman Ajit Pai Said

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) voted 3-2 today on a measure that would repeal the Obama-era net neutrality protections set in place in 2015 — a move that catapulted CNN into meltdown mode.

FCC chairman Ajit Pai issued a statement following the vote that highlighted the absurdity of the media’s rhetoric over the net neutrality debate:

It’s difficult to match that mundane reality to the apocalyptic rhetoric that we’ve heard from le II supporters. And as the debate has gone on, their claims have gotten more and more outlandish. So let’s be clear. Returning to the legal framework that governed the Internet from President Clinton’s pronouncement in 1996 until 2015 is not going to destroy the Internet. It is not going to end the Internet as we know it. It is not going to kill democracy. It is not going to stifle free expression online. If stating these propositions alone doesn’t demonstrate their absurdity, our Internet experience before 2015, and our experience tomorrow, once this order passes, will prove them so.

Pai noted that “the internet wasn’t broken in 2015” and that there was no reason or need for net neutrality when it was put in place by the Obama administration in 2015.

Despite Pai’s clear and reasonable comments — which included: "It is not going to end the Internet as we know it" — CNN’s top story was: “End of the internet as we know it"

CNN's "report," which definitely took more of a pro-net neutrality stance, also made highly misleading statements about the public's interest being in favor of net neutrality.

CNN wrote:

The repeal vote comes more than six months after the FCC kicked off the lengthy process to roll back the net neutrality protections. It received millions of comments during a review period, with the majority supporting the current protections.

This claim that the FCC received "millions" of pro-net neutrality comments during the review period is extremely misleading, as a study from the Pew Research Center found that nearly all of those comments were fake.

NPR reports:

It seems like a lot of Americans are interested in the net-neutrality debate. Some 22 million public comments have been filed with the Federal Communications Commission on the issue of whether all web traffic should be treated equally. ...

But, it turns out, much of that public input is not what it appears.

The Pew Research Center took a close look at the comments. Associate Director Aaron Smith said several things popped out. Maybe the biggest, 94 percent of the comments "were submitted multiple times, and in some cases those comments were submitted many hundreds of thousands of times."​

So in other words, almost all of the comments seem to have been parts of organized campaigns to influence the FCC commissioners to vote one way or the other.

The report from the Pew Research Center further noted that on nine separate occasions, more than 75,000 comments were submitted all at the exact same second, which they concluded was an organized campaign that contained “false or misleading personal information.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24700...-ryan-saavedra

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why do the rules have to change, Chris?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberal Netflix is 'disappointed'

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama-Era Net Neutrality
    #CNNIsFakeNews
    Obama tried to end net neutrality.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lowest common ing denominator.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Is Disney still evil?

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only hope is new technologies will keep these corporations spinning and they wont be able to keep up

Internet

Social media

Bitcoin

Satellite internet

Etc

Etc

these corporations hope they all rot to
    well technically the pendulum will swing back and we will have a brand new FCC who will put back said protections and we will do this song and dance until Congress passes a law about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Is Disney still evil?
    1.) Do your own research.

2.) You're not intelligent enough to be passive aggressive and funny. Stop.

Thread Information