Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    None of those compe ion matter except for the Copa America..Plus, that's a lesser compe ion. The fact that Messi hasn't won the copa america in a lesser confederation goes to show how awful he's been in international compe ion.

Ronaldo wasn't always a goal scorer..Early in his career, he was more concerned about passing and finding open spaces when he primarily played as a wing..He was legit a top 2 player in that 2002 squad.

Messi can't even lead a team that is arguably the most talented offensive team in the world..That's like Durant playing with 5 star players and not winning any..Ronaldo has done more with less.
    Put Messi on tha Portugal team and they win it all.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    None of those compe ion matter except for the Copa America..Plus, that's a lesser compe ion. The fact that Messi hasn't won the copa america in a lesser confederation goes to show how awful he's been in international compe ion.

Ronaldo wasn't always a goal scorer..Early in his career, he was more concerned about passing and finding open spaces when he primarily played as a wing..He was legit a top 2 player in that 2002 squad.

Messi can't even lead a team that is arguably the most talented offensive team in the world..That's like Durant playing with 5 star players and not winning any..Ronaldo has done more with less.
    Messi isn't going to fix the fact that Argentina hasn't fielded a passable defense since the 90's....

Fact remains tho: Misstiano hasn't won with Portugal, even when they had a fairly stacked team.

Put Messi on tha Portugal team and they win it all.
    Messi can't even lead a super talented team to win the Copa america and you expect him to win the euros?

Messi isn't going to fix the fact that Argentina hasn't fielded a passable defense since the 90's....

Fact remains tho: Misstiano hasn't won with Portugal, even when they had a fairly stacked team.
    Euro cup finals with portugal>Copa America with Argentina..

I don't even think that's debatable tbh.

Cristina wouldn't even qualify to the WC in South America TBH....

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

Being the first loser isn't any more meritorious. Especially when you have a loaded team like Portugal in 2004...

Messi can't play the Euro, so Copa America it is...

Frankly, Cristiano is a great player, but you can see right now that it takes a team to win...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Messi can't even lead a super talented team to win the Copa america and you expect him to win the euros?
    Redundant talent upfront + scrub midfielders, defenders and keepers= Super talented

Ok.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Heck, isn't Messi the #2 all-time goal scorer for Argentina behind Batistuta?

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Portugals midfield outside of Moutinho is pathetic. They have no forward and rely on Nani

Give me the ARG over POR team 10 times out of 10.

Portugals midfield outside of Moutinho is pathetic. They have no forward and rely on Nani

Give me the ARG over POR team 10 times out of 10.
    And the Argies don't even have a midfield tbh... gago? come on.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    And the Argies don't even have a midfield tbh... gago? come on.
    Di Maria is better than those three combined on the portugal side.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Give me Pepe and Concentrao for Argentina and we fix half the defense

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Not to mention a keeper, doesn't even have to be good. Any human with a set hands would do.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Patricio is a decent goalie, Coentrao & Pepe are good players too (despite Pepe being an asshole) but it's four players that make up your defensive line, not two. Portugal is such a joke because they have a few good players (Ronaldo, Nani, Moutinho etc...) but the rest are dog s. Postiga is probably the tiest starting striker of all 32 teams barring those Asian teams tbh.

Thread Information