Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    in before he was making a play on the ball!

like i said this is about biting not being an accepted form of hitting someone. Studs up hatchet below the knee? PERFECT!

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    witch hunt

FIFA doesn't want Uruguay to continue

Suarez in Maracana would not be one of the biggest sellers in WC history

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    3 match suspension for that Kean foul is a joke, tbh.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Suarez in Maracana would not be one of the biggest sellers in WC history
    If URU proceed to go to Maracana then it will still be a nail-biter tbh. Just hope that Suarez doesn't bite anything more than his nails.

The question is, will that be the argument Uruguay will give FIFA for Suarez to be absolved?

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    exactly, this is about biting, nothing else.

first, the sakho elbow will only be reviewed because the pandora's box has already been cracked open, but if you like we'll go back to 98, 2002, 2006 and 2010 (since the 94 precedent, no point looking further back) to look at all the elbows, headbutts and punches that werent given suspensions post game. You know they're there. THE ONLY INCIDENT ON RECORD REVIEWED AND PUNISHED IS THE 94 ELBOW, DO YOU REALLY THINK ITS THE ONLY ONE?

second, there are plenty of examples of intentional hits with significantly more dire consequences, like the aforementioned keane hit, where no one was asking for life suspension. keane got 8 games, if suarez gets half its a joke. are you going to argue it was his first time? or that he got a card in the moment so it was ok? but suarez should be suspended for life because he bites people? again, the amount of dirty cheap shot artist "defenders" who injured people and ended careers, not a peep, but a forward who bites people and people are asking for life suspensions?

show me where i said its ok for suarez to bite. if the ref had sent him off right there it would have been fine. But if you want to make these calls on video review, for a relatively harmless foul, perfect. Do the same for the head butts (accidental! ) and the punches and the groin and hair pulling- its all about intent right? you cant intentionally hurt people have you ever played a game of any contact sport in your life?? this happens all the time and FIFA is only now acting because biting is not how you are SUPPOSED to hurt people. Punch, head butt, even grab hair or tug on the nutsack, but bite? thats dirty, life ban!
    Don't move the goalposts. First you were saying Sakho wouldn't be punished or that no one cared about his foul. That clearly isn't true; now you're claiming "ib/c pandora's box ". I don't need to prove that every single incident has been caught in FIFA history (you need to find actual examples too). I know that several people besides Suarez HAVE been punished (for stamps, elbows, kicks, headbutts), so you cannot claim they are only targeting Suarez.

You don't have to go far to find the longest bans in EPL. The English FA keeps a running list of suspensions as well. It was only last year where the FA expanded its rules to even allow retrospective bans on violent conduct that was even seen by the ref. FIFA doesn't allow that yet.

It's Suarez's fault he was dumb enough to bite people in an era that allows retrospective bans to this degree. And there a TONS of players that have been banned - get over the witch hunt angle. And no - FIFA didn't review De Jong's tackle because Howard Webb assessed it and gave him a yellow. Webb later said if he saw a better angle he would've given him a red. And FIFA, as I've said, cannot review fouls retrospectively AFTER a ref has made notes that he reviewed the incident on the pitch. It's much easier to argue when you know the actual facts and rules of the game than posting images/videos crying " persecution".

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2012...r-league-bans/
    http://nav.thefa.com/sitecore/conten...493E9199B&_z=z
    http://nav.thefa.com/sitecore/conten...-charge-230112
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ty/5339964.stm

witch hunt
    cannibal rights
    it was just a nibble
    he thought his name was 'Fettuccine' not "Chiellini"

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    and no one is saying suarez is a saint, in fact i dislike him quite a bit precisely because he gets too caught up in bull instead of just playing. but every single game, players elbow each other, pull their hair, grab/hit each others nuts, punch each other, head butt each other away from the ball / without the ref seeing it, so why arent those acts of aggression (some of which are way more dangerous than a bite, possibly career ending) getting retroactively called? since the uruguay game this happened today, in the ecuador group thread i mistakenly thought it was sissoko, it was sakho:

how is this any different than what suarez did? or is it because its normal to elbow someone in the face?

and dont tell me its because suarez is repeating the same thing, central defenders (like chielini, or maybe especially him since he has broken another players legs before i dont think suarez has ever done that) punch and elbow several times a game. I know there is precedent with tassoti but since 1994 i can point at dozens upon dozens of such incidents. ANd what about flops! should they start video reviewing flops after the game?

ive seen people post here that suarez should be banned for life? have you people seen materazzi, van bommel, stam? were any of these butchers EVER suspended for something the ref didnt see? get a ing grip people
    I hate all that unsportsman-like behaviour as well... but Suarez's actions are still inexcusable...

If what you're really doing is denouncing the post-review precedent that this incident may create; yes, that's a valid argument... Still... Suarez is the only star player caught up in this sort of behaviour... After the second biting incident you would have thought he'd understand... but no, his country and fans keep defending his behaviour... that's why he feels he can get away with it. He'll continue to do so unless his punishment is severe. I'm not advocating a life-ban or even a 2-year ban - something more like 20 games without pay (at any professional level)... and no National Team games for the next year...

I wonder if Chielini was given a Tetanus booster...

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    I hate all that unsportsman-like behaviour as well... but Suarez's actions are still inexcusable...

If what you're really doing is denouncing the post-review precedent that this incident may create; yes, that's a valid argument... Still... Suarez is the only star player caught up in this sort of behaviour... After the second biting incident you would have thought he'd understand... but no, his country and fans keep defending his behaviour... that's why he feels he can get away with it. He'll continue to do so unless his punishment is severe. I'm not advocating a life-ban or even a 2-year ban - something more like 20 games without pay (at any professional level)... and no National Team games for the next year...

I wonder if Chielini was given a Tetanus booster...
    I don't think that his behavior is defended. The argument is around that is much worse going around on every game and nothing gets done about it and if they do with this incident, what's going to be reviewed next? Even Elizondo thinks that if they ban him it'll open Pandora's box because it'd create a precedent.

https://ar.deportes.yahoo.com/video/...014425957.html

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Banned for 9 matches and 4 months. But he might be able to appeal( I don't know, the people on ESPN seemed to think so)

9 games it is.

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    I love Suarez but he pulled an Amare.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    no

Suarez : "me cortaron los dientes"

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    9 games for his national team
    4 months for his association team

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    So nobody is going to buy him from Liverpool now I guess

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    Deserved ban I hope he gets treatment. With that said, how other non ball plays will be judged now by FIFA with this precedent?

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    9 games for his national team
    4 months for his association team
    Because of the 4 month ban, he will miss 9 premier league games and 3 champions league group matches.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Veteran
    Post Count
    I'm on my phone so I can't make a long response, for now all I'll say is that I'm waiting for sakho's review and suspension, FIFA announced they were investigating Suarez the very next day so today it should be announced and the sentence by saturday right resistanze? Or is that unreasonable?

My Team
    Sao Paulo Futebol Clube
    Post Count
    He has only himself to blame. Great player, potato-head.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    I'm on my phone so I can't make a long response, for now all I'll say is that I'm waiting for sakho's review and suspension, FIFA announced they were investigating Suarez the very next day so today it should be announced and the sentence by saturday right resistanze? Or is that unreasonable?
    Not defending Sakho's actions... but would this be his first strike... second strike... third strike?

Suarez's repeat offence proclivities definitely factor against him... If Chielini had been his 'first bite victim ever' I don't believe the ban would have been as severe... Suarez isn't making good on his insistence that he can behave... he simply can't...

In other context now he'll have a suitable window to properly rest his surgically repaired knee...

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    So nobody is going to buy him from Liverpool now I guess
    Liverpool screwed. Should have dealt him.

My Team
    Birmingham City FC
    Post Count
    What do the Uruguay FA hope to accomplish with this appeal? Bunch of ing re s.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    I'm having a field day reading Uruguayan news headlines

"The Government is helping out in the appeal. Will lend lawyer the presidential plane to fly to Europe to personally appeal"

"Should Uruguay abandon the World Cup?"

"We are all Suarez"

"Neighborhoods in Montevideo are gering up to protest in the streets"

"Suarez Crucified"

"Should we play with 10 players?"

"All Uruguay receiving Suarez at the airport"

"FIFA Mafia won"

Thread Information