Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Don't think my wife liked it but her it was great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I keep reading the le as "furry" road. And it makes me laugh about what the content might be.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I saw it this morning in 3-D. Thought it a fine film. Miller sent out the cast with instruction to pull it back, let it be, and they uniformly followed instruction. Homage was paid to "Road Warrior" occasionally, but, unobtrusively, strictly so. The women in RW wore immaculate white, mirrored here as well. In RW the women are presented in rapture, but under su ion. Here, the same. In both instances by the end we're in love with them, or, at least in lust. A music box is produced (looks exactly like the original) and nary a character asks nary a question about it. At the end of RW Gibson's eye is closed. Here Theron's eye pays tribute. Miller trusted his base to recognize his gift and we have.

Miller

CubanSucksSuperFunTimeGo! Pauly D's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    This was one of the coolest ing things I've ever seen. I could talk about the whole movie. I wouldn't know where to start

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    This was one of the coolest ing things I've ever seen. I could talk about the whole movie. I wouldn't know where to start
    Start at your mother's snatch & work backwards.

Chop/chop.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    And to all the feminist worries, I was skeptical too but there's nothing there. No woman should feel like this is some kinda feminist empowering crap and no man should feel like it's distracting or forced. They fit in perfectly. When Max and Nux work together to beat Furiosa at that first fight and Max shoots around her head I was in the edge of my seat

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    And to all the feminist worries, I was skeptical too but there's nothing there. No woman should feel like this is some kinda feminist empowering crap and no man should feel like it's distracting or forced. They fit in perfectly. When Max and Nux work together to beat Furiosa at that first fight and Max shoots around her head I was in the edge of my seat
    ...that's because you were sitting on your mother's lap in the theater---you Oedipus raging bas , you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    Start at your mother's snatch & work backwards.

Chop/chop.

I'm gonna hafta steal that line

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    crazy whirlwind of a movie. my first watch i just focused on action because that's what i was there for. the second time i'll view more from a thematic viewpoint. great movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    crazy whirlwind of a movie. my first watch i just focused on action because that's what i was there for. the second time i'll view more from a thematic viewpoint. great movie.
    Other homages to RW:::A fast scan of a thunderdome early on---at distance/first blush, the woman inside the vault strikes one as Tina Turner's character.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why is this movie flopping?
    It's R rated. Although it's earned $212 million so far, not sure that would qualify as a flop.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It's R rated. Although it's earned $212 million so far, not sure that would qualify as a flop.
    True on both points. That's why the producers do the PG-13 . Miller stood tall here though there is a keen absence of visual bullet impact & death shots in this film. In PG-13 your mind recognizes this in the theatre. Here? On the drive home.

Anything over $156 million is gravy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    True on both points. That's why the producers do the PG-13 . Miller stood tall here though there is a keen absence of visual bullet impact & death shots in this film. In PG-13 your mind recognizes this in the theatre. Here? On the drive home.

Anything over $156 million is gravy.
    And for the R rating we get one gd (ass) shot of that woman on the watch tower. And it ain't the same woman on the ground as is showing her ass on that watch tower. No way. That was a cheat by Miller, a bitter one.

And thru all the intense action, tossing and turning, uping & downing and not once did we get a shot of the goods of those young girls. Not one ing time. That long legged blonde about has driven me nuts in the two hours in the theatre and the 36 since. GD.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Box Office Mojo states that it has made $121 million in its first 5 days on a $150 million budget. How is that a flop?
    It's not, it's doing incredibly well for an R-rated summer film going against Avengers and the Teen Girl singing movie.
    Take a moment and realize that you're quoting a dip . Then disregard anything he says.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Best action movie I've seen since the first Die Hard, or maybe even Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I'd like a Furioso spin off too. (Charlize Therson is such a bad ass in this movie, I almost forgive her for running in a straight line in Prometheus and getting crushed by the ship for absolutely no reason.)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    I'd like a Furioso spin off too. (Charlize Therson is such a bad ass in this movie,
    That's a stupid ing idea. Admit it's just cause it's a woman and that that movie would flop. I loved her character btw but take it easy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's a stupid ing idea. Admit it's just cause it's a woman and that that movie would flop. I loved her character btw but take it easy
    Don't think its stupid at all. I bet the movie would do well. Her backstory, I think, would be interesting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets

Don't think its stupid at all. I bet the movie would do well. Her backstory, I think, would be interesting.
    Like I said, she's a great character but the only reason you're saying that is cause she's a female. And tbh I don't think that'd even make a good movie. Obviously up to the point we see her in Fury Road she was a great soldier for Immortan Joe. Is it gonna be a movie about all the raids and she's done? That would be confusing for the audience, don't you think?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Like I said, she's a great character but the only reason you're saying that is cause she's a female. And tbh I don't think that'd even make a good movie. Obviously up to the point we see her in Fury Road she was a great soldier for Immortan Joe. Is it gonna be a movie about all the raids and she's done? That would be confusing for the audience, don't you think?
    Regardless of quality, I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if they actually do make it, tbh..they could do a prequel to her getting taken from her family or whatever, followed by her rise into a top soldier for Joe..wouldn't be surprising if it succeeds in the current climate of feminism and White Knights, tbh..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Regardless of quality, I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if they actually do make it, tbh..they could do a prequel to her getting taken from her family or whatever, followed by her rise into a top soldier for Joe..wouldn't be surprising if it succeeds in the current climate of feminism and White Knights, tbh..
    White knights wouldn't want to waste their money just for the possibility of more white knight cred and women naturally don't care about action type , regardless of all this "Feminist Max" going around. It would flop

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Saw it again, this time in 2d. I preferred this version over the 3d version, which was very good but in 2d the world felt more cohesive and believable. So far Fury Road is my second favorite in the series and easily my favorite film of the year.

Hmm..I got to watch this if people are commenting on the score. I love movies with great soundtracks.
    Soundtrack was pretty good. It's up there with the film in your sig and Tron Legacy, which is probably my favorite recent score.

Name
    Ubuntu
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    This movie is going to make imdb top 250....8.6 - 10.0. Tom Hardy is has been on the come up since inception and The Dark Knight Rises. I haven't seen Warrior however.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Saw it again, this time in 2d. I preferred this version over the 3d version, which was very good but in 2d the world felt more cohesive and believable. So far Fury Road is my second favorite in the series and easily my favorite film of the year.

Soundtrack was pretty good. It's up there with the film in your sig and Tron Legacy, which is probably my favorite recent score.
    I don't see how anyone could like Road Warrior more other than for nostalgic reasons. If someone hasn't seen any and they watched all 4, I can't imagine them no preferring Fury Road, and I'm not just talking about for the better graphics. All around it surpasses

This movie is going to make imdb top 250....8.6 - 10.0.
    that's not a big deal tbh. I actually like using IMDB's ratings cause it's more for the casual person, but a movie like this is a guaranteed high rating, especially this early

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I thought Fury was a good action movie. Non stop action the whole movie.....

Name
    Ubuntu
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    Nah, it has more than enough ratings for me on IMDB with 800 reviews. That more than one of those simple movies. It might end with probably 300k ratings which tells me more than enough.

Thread Information