Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the QB situations for both teams are much different now.

The coaching situations and schemes are different now on both sides if the ball for UT.

The game is in Lubbock this year.

I'm not saying Tech is a lock to win. I'm telling you that UT isn't.

Nothing is a lock for Texas at this point, no win is a lock and no loss is a lock. but I feel pretty good about Texas chances in most every game..

no, SMU sucks I'd even put Rice and North Texas ahead of them. UH-UTSA is a toss up.
    SMU lost three games in 2013 by a combined 10 points. 2013 being their first losing season since 2008.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    114. UTEP
    100. SMU
    91. Texas St.
    65. UNT

^USA Today rankings so far--UTSA, UH and Rice have yet to be named. Not that a list like that automatically makes them better but on paper there really is no reason to expect much out of SMU, especially with Gilbert having graduated.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Nothing is a lock for Texas at this point, no win is a lock and no loss is a lock. but I feel pretty good about Texas chances in most every game..
    I don't know how you can feel bad or good about Texas' chances at this point. Way too many unknowns.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    114. UTEP
    100. SMU
    91. Texas St.
    65. UNT

^USA Today rankings so far--UTSA, UH and Rice have yet to be named. Not that a list like that automatically makes them better but on paper there really is no reason to expect much out of SMU, especially with Gilbert having graduated.
    Athlon

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-25/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't know how you can feel bad or good about Texas' chances at this point. Way too many unknowns.
    15 returning starters a coaching staff that is actually coaching them and a defensive minded coach with a championship pedigree. The only thing I'm really worried about is injuries to the QB, but no one can predict injuries so I don't factor it in.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    117. UTEP
    113. Tx St
    96. SMU
    89. UTSA
    87. Rice
    86. UNT
    69. UH

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    15 returning starters a coaching staff that is actually coaching them and a defensive minded coach with a championship pedigree. The only thing I'm really worried about is injuries to the QB, but no one can predict injuries so I don't factor it in.
    is it even clear who the starting QB will be for the entire season?

Or who will be the definitive play caller on the sidelines?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    is it even clear who the starting QB will be for the entire season?

Or who will be the definitive play caller on the sidelines?
    Silly question, As long as he is healthy it's David Ash and there is no question about it. His compe ion is soph who is as raw as can be, and needs a year or two to learn how to throw a football. His only other compe ion is a promising true freshmen.

Now is it possible that Ash could get hurt? Of course, but the same can be said of every QB out there. Is it possible for one of the backups to take his spot, not really, the goal right now is the red-shirt Heard, and Swoops as I said is just too raw.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think Ash's heath is a serious question mark

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Ash's heath is a serious question mark
    We will have to wait and see, like I said, you can't predict injuries.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    We will have to wait and see, like I said, you can't predict injuries.
    It's more of an issue for Ash than others because he has a history.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    As I understand it, that was the first time he has ever had a concussion, and he could have come back last year but chose against it because he wanted to apply for a medical redshirt.

And yes I do agree that he is more apt to getting a concussion after already having one, but again, no one can predict when an injury will happen. Colt McCoy took a lot of big hits in 2009 but it was a little hit in just the right place that ended his year against Alabama in the BCS championship game.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Returning starters is not always a good thing...

Post Count
    The starters we're returning are pretty solid.
    Last edited by DMX7; 06-30-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Post Count
    Well... none of us are prophets so all we can really do is state our expectation of what will happen. Blake expects Ash to be injured or at least for there to be a more than remote possibility that he will be injured, and if he does get injured, the clearly that will help Tech. But the reality is that we beat Tech with Case McCoy at QB last year and we will most certainly be running the ball against Tech a lot while using our stable of good running backs; and Tech doesn't have a good run defense to boot. I think that gives Texas the edge along with coach strong's outstanding defensive track record.

Coach Strong is not a question mark. He is a proven winner and isn't Manny Diaz. He has a track record of success including 2 national les as a defense coordinator at Florida and a BCS bowl win at Louisville. The guy can coach, it's not like he is some third tier hire with no meaningful background to extrapolate from. Hardly a question mark to the point of putting any doubt in my mind about his abilities.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It is when you have coming back on offense.

Jaxsom Shipley, Kendall Saunders, Marcus Johnson, David Ash, Malcolme Brown, Joe Burgeon, Johnathan Gray, Our oline should be pretty solid with Trey Flowers, Dom Espinosa, Kent Perkins, Curtis Riser, Desmond Harrison, and Kennedy Estelle. We also bring back all 3 of our TEs.

We bring back everyone on defense except Jackson Jeffcoat, Carrington Byndom and Adrian Philips.

I'd say we should be pretty salty if we can keep our QB safe.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Well... none of us are prophets so all we can really do is state our expectation of what will happen. Blake expects Ash to be injured or at least for there to be a more than remote possibility that he will be injured, and if he does get injured, the clearly that will help Tech. But the reality is that we beat Tech with Case McCoy at QB last year and we will most certainly be running the ball against Tech a lot while using our stable of good running backs; and Tech doesn't have a good run defense to boot. I think that gives Texas the edge along with coach strong's outstanding defensive track record.

Coach Strong is not a question mark. He is a proven winner and isn't Manny Diaz. He has a track record of success including 2 national les as a defense coordinator at Florida and a BCS bowl win at Louisville. The guy can coach, it's not like he is some third tier hire with no meaningful background to extrapolate from. Hardly a question mark to the point of putting any doubt in my mind about his abilities.
    Wow.

Give a final score prediction of this years game.

No Texas team will be in the Final Four and it's a shame. All that passion going to waste.

Baylor the only one with eve......hmmm?....nay!

No Cali team either but out here we're too cool for passion.

I see....

FSU, Bama, Oregon and Oklahoma with Ohio State a maybe.
    Last edited by Avante; 07-01-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Post Count
    Nice! South Alabama is ranked 84 in only their second full season in the FBS.

Post Count
    Wow.

Give a final score prediction of this years game.
    All that really matters is who wins.

I would just be guessing really at what the exact score will be, but I suspect something like 34-24 isn't unreasonable.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas State Bobcats
    Post Count
    Nice! South Alabama is ranked 84 in only their second full season in the FBS.
    Yea, they are pretty solid. Lost five or their six games by 7 or fewer points. 3 of those 7 were by 1 point I think.

Post Count
    UTSA being ranked behind UNT is a lack of respect for UTSA... UTSA won handily in Denton last year. I know Soza is gone, but still... they have a lot returning.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    UTSA being ranked behind UNT is a lack of respect for UTSA... UTSA won handily in Denton last year. I know Soza is gone, but still... they have a lot returning.
    Yeah, theres really no reason to have them ranked higher than UTSA. Last I read we return the most starters in the country, they only return like 8-9 starters.

UTSA is getting plenty of love this off-season though so not complaining too much tbh.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    117. UTEP
    113. Tx St
    96. SMU
    89. UTSA
    87. Rice
    86. UNT
    69. UH
    Middle of the bottom: right where we want to be

Gonna be cool going to night games at any rate.

Thread Information