Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    You are a glass half-empty fan 24/7.
    Nah.

The way other teams have played plays a role (don't all polls work like that?) but it also has alot to do with how good UTSA has looked. UTSA can play with anyone in the state outside of A&M and Baylor.
    So nothing I said was untrue.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    'bc everyone else was terrible this week' sounds pretty half-empty to me. no mention of how well your team has played.

nobody on this board has that kind of at ude towards their respective team but I dont care enough to get into a back and forth argument about it--just pointing it out.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    'bc everyone else was terrible this week' sounds pretty half-empty to me. no mention of how well your team has played.
    Mentioned before.

Am I required to do it every time I refer to the team?

nobody on this board has that kind of at ude towards their respective team but I dont care enough to get into a back and forth argument about it--just pointing it out.
    One can see examples of that "at ude" all over this forum.

lol fan police

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    nah

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Nah what?

Use your words.

This is a Texas based messageboard, dumbass.
    A dumbass talks about Texas Tech.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    A dumbass talks about Texas Tech.
    stellar comeback

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    stellar comeback
    Especially since he has been talking about Texas Tech.

My Team
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine if Baylor and A&M met in a bowl game or a bcs bowl this year? would be epic. Yes please.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Can you imagine if Baylor and A&M met in a bowl game or a bcs bowl this year? would be epic. Yes please.
    UT v A&M bowl game would be off the charts messageboard entertainment

My Team
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Post Count
    UT v A&M bowl game would be off the charts messageboard entertainment
    It wouldn't even be a game. A&M and Sumlin would destroy them. I actually firmly believe UT would decline that game if it actually happened.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It wouldn't even be a game. A&M and Sumlin would destroy them. I actually firmly believe UT would decline that game if it actually happened.
    You firmly believe UT would decline a BCS bowl?

jeez

My Team
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Post Count
    UT isn't going to a BCS bowl any time soon

Only way they meet is if A&M all of a sudden drops off and starts to lose games. In that case, Texas will do everything in their power to avoid a bowl matchup behind closed doors. They already did that two years ago when the Cotton wanted to match up A&M/Texas.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol Juan the insider

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    UT isn't going to a BCS bowl any time soon

Only way they meet is if A&M all of a sudden drops off and starts to lose games. In that case, Texas will do everything in their power to avoid a bowl matchup behind closed doors. They already did that two years ago when the Cotton wanted to match up A&M/Texas.
    I don't think 5 years is out of the question for UT to be in a bcs game, playoff game or the big 12/SEC annual champion game that will start happening soon.

lol referring to UT as yellow bellied

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    UT would be fine with playing A&M in a bowl. They'll take the one with the biggest payout.

With no Big10/Texas team with a shot at The Final Four.....hmmmmm?

Alabama
    FSU
    Oregon
    Oklahoma

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    With no Big10/Texas team with a shot at The Final Four.....hmmmmm?

Alabama
    FSU
    Oregon
    Oklahoma
    Wrong thread

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's Avante.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Right. That would explain why op forgot what his thread was about

Post Count
    UT would be fine with playing A&M in a bowl. They'll take the one with the biggest payout.
    Don't the Big12 teams share bowl revenue evenly? Regardless, Texas will take the best bowl it can get. If we played A&M in our current state, it would be bad news though.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Don't the Big12 teams share bowl revenue evenly? Regardless, Texas will take the best bowl it can get. If we played A&M in our current state, it would be bad news though.
    I think all the conferences share bowl revenue equally and the conference in turn will give the schools a stipend for travel and tickets.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    DCTF's 2014 Texas College Power Poll — Week Three
    # School Week 2 Rank
    t-1 Texas A&M Aggies 2
    EJ Holland: As expected, Kenny Hill and Texas A&M breezed by Lamar in Week 2. The Aggies are the hottest team in the state at the moment and look almost unstoppable on offense. If the defense keeps improving, Texas A&M could take sole possession of the No. 1 spot sooner rather than later.
    t-1 Baylor Bears 1
    Greg Tepper: Yes, it's only Northwestern State, but Baylor was without its starting quarterback and its top two receivers...and still hung up 70 points and 700+ total yards. Art Briles' offense is a remorseless killing machine. Remember the name K.D. Cannon: he's the next big thing in Waco.
    3 TCU Horned Frogs 4
    EJ Holland: The Horned Frogs benefitted from a bye week as they moved up one spot to No. 3. Right now, we don't know too much about TCU. Yes, the new offense was great and Trevone Boykin looked much improved, but that was against FCS opponent Samford. This week's game against Minnesota will be telling.
    4 UTSA Roadrunners 5
    Greg Tepper: How does a team lose and move up in the Power Poll? By losing by three points to a well-regarded team from a Power 5 conference. The Roadrunners, even in a defeat, proved that they are ready for prime time.
    5 Texas Tech Red Raiders 8
    EJ Holland: It hasn't been pretty, but Texas Tech is 2-0. The Red Raiders squeaked out a win against FCS opponent Central Arkansas and survived a late night thriller at UTEP. But those are teams Texas Tech was expected to dominate against. The jury is still out on Kliff Kingsbury and company.
    t-6 Houston Cougars 6
    EJ Holland: Houston's 47-0 win over Grambling State didn't make the memories of its lost to UTSA go away. We know the Roadrunners are for real, but we still need to see more from this Houston offense, which is littered with talented playmakers like Deontay Greenberry and Greg Ward. BYU could be a statement game.
    t-6 Rice Owls 7
    Greg Tepper: A week off for the Owls may not do a lot of good as far as beating Texas A&M this week — as tough a draw as anyone in the country — but keep an eye on David Bailiff's crew. There's a good chance that they start 0-2, then rattle off six (or more) wins in a row.
    t-6 Texas Longhorns 3
    Greg Tepper: There's nothing good to say about what's going on at the 40 Acres right now. Injuries to QB David Ash and OL Dominic Espinosa, compounded with a new round of suspensions, led to another drubbing at the hands of BYU, and things don't look like they'll get much better. Longhorns fans new Charlie Strong would endure some growing pains, but things are bleak right now.
    9 Texas State Bobcats 9
    Greg Tepper: Alright, Bobs: you were super-impressive in clobbering Arkansas-Pine Bluff in your opener. Now, after a week off, you get a tough Navy team at home before a trip to play a beatable Illinois squad. We'll find out much more about you in the next two weeks than we did in the last two.
    10 North Texas Mean Green 10
    EJ Holland: UNT looked like a completely different team on Saturday. After getting blown out at Texas, the Mean Green bounced back by taking SMU to the wood shed and ultimately forcing June Jones out of a job. There is still room to improve on both sides of the ball, but the beat down of the Ponies was a step in the right direction.
    11 UTEP Miners 11
    Greg Tepper: The Miners almost stumbled late but made big plays when it mattered most to pull out a momentum boosting win over New Mexico. UTEP must be on Cloud 9 after last year’s disappointing season. Will there be more wins to come? If Aaron Jones keeps running over defenders, the answer is definitely.
    12 SMU Mustangs 12
    EJ Holland: Well, it's been fun June Jones. After getting walloped against Śrival' North Texas, Jones resigned on Monday and left the Mustangs in a state of disaster. In two games, SMU has scored a total of six points and ranks in the 100s in passing yards, rushing yards and points allowed per game.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol Tech still lower than utsa.

Those guys are idiots.

Thread Information