Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Texas State Bobcats
    Post Count
    I like DCTF's rankings: Baylor, Aggies, UH, UT, Rice, TCU, Tech, UTSA, UNT, TXST, SMU, and finally UTEP. Out of all of these teams I could see UT, TCU, and TXST possibly finishing better than where they are now. UTSA has nothing but seniors and I believe UNT just graduated a lot of players so I too think it they should be before UNT.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I like DCTF's rankings: Baylor, Aggies, UH, UT, Rice, TCU, Tech, UTSA, UNT, TXST, SMU, and finally UTEP. Out of all of these teams I could see UT, TCU, and TXST possibly finishing better than where they are now. UTSA has nothing but seniors and I believe UNT just graduated a lot of players so I too think it they should be before UNT.
    UH,Rice, and TCU ahead of Tech?

Texas is not the second best team in Texas.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    DCTF's 2014 Texas College Power Poll — Week Two

# School Week 1 Rank
    1 Baylor Bears 1
    EJ Holland: The offense wasn’t as explosive as we expected, but the defense, especially up front, was lights out. SMU’s quarterbacks had no time make proper reads, and the Mustangs were limited to a mere 67 yards of total offense. Baylor keeps the top spot for now, but injuries to Bryce Petty and Antwan Goodley are concerning.
    2 Texas A&M Aggies 2
    Greg Tepper: The most impressive team in the state in Week One, winning at South Carolina proved two things: that there is life after Johnny Manziel (his name is Kenny Hill) and that the Aggies will be SEC West contenders every year that Kevin Sumlin is on the sideline.
    3 Texas Longhorns 4
    EJ Holland: To say the Texas defense was stifling would be an understatement. The Longhorns completely shut down North Texas and held the Mean Green to 17 passing yards. 17! But David Ash is out with concussion symptoms again and Dominic Espinosa, a key cog along the offensive line, was lost for the year.
    4 TCU Horned Frogs 6
    Greg Tepper: It's hard to gauge much from a win over Samford, but the offense looked noticeably better and more explosive. Maybe Trevone Boykin has turned the corner as the team's signal-caller.
    5 UTSA Roadrunners 9
    EJ Holland: Whoa! We don’t think anybody that doesn’t live in San Antonio saw that one coming. UTSA’s defense put on a dominant display against a veteran Houston offense that was supposed to be downright explosive. And the offense did more than enough in Tucker Carter’s first start at quarterback. The Roadrunners are for real.
    6 Houston Cougars 3
    Greg Tepper: Thud. The Coogs flopped in the grand opening of TDECU Stadium, and must figure out how to get their offense out of the mud. The good news: the defense looks pretty good.
    7 Rice Owls 5
    EJ Holland: Nobody expected the Owls to go down in South Bend and take down the nationally ranked Fighting Irish. Rice, however, was very compe ive in the first half and has some major positives to build on. We still fully expect Rice to be a C-USA le contender.
    8 Texas Tech Red Raiders 7
    Greg Tepper: Did the Red Raiders forget to set their alarm clock? Tech sleepwalked through their game with Central Arkansas and came away with a 7-point win. They're better than they played on Saturday — or, at least, Tech fans had better hope they are.
    9 Texas State Bobcats 10
    EJ Holland: Yes, Arkansas Pine-Bluff is not a very good FCS team. But boy, the Bobcats looked really impressive. Tyler Jones was masterful at the helm, Robert Lowe had no trouble finding daylight and David Mayo led a stingy defense that came away with the shutout.
    10 North Texas Mean Green 8
    Greg Tepper: The Mean Green's offense sputtered and stalled all game against Texas, and it all starts with the quarterback. UNT has to find better and more consistent play under center if they're going to get back to a bowl.
    11 UTEP Miners 12
    EJ Holland: The Miners almost stumbled late but made big plays when it mattered most to pull out a momentum boosting win over New Mexico. UTEP must be on Cloud 9 after last year’s disappointing season. Will there be more wins to come? If Aaron Jones keeps running over defenders, the answer is definitely.
    12 SMU Mustangs 11
    Greg Tepper: The Mustangs were completely and totally overmatched by Baylor, which is OK if you're an FCS opponent but not so much for a team hoping to bounce back from a disappointing 2013 season. The Ponies need answers offensively, and fast.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Texas is not the second best team in Texas.
    you're fat.

Tell us things we don't know but care about.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    DCTF's 2014 Texas College Power Poll — Week Two

# School Week 1 Rank
    1 Baylor Bears 1
    EJ Holland: The offense wasn’t as explosive as we expected, but the defense, especially up front, was lights out. SMU’s quarterbacks had no time make proper reads, and the Mustangs were limited to a mere 67 yards of total offense. Baylor keeps the top spot for now, but injuries to Bryce Petty and Antwan Goodley are concerning.
    2 Texas A&M Aggies 2
    Greg Tepper: The most impressive team in the state in Week One, winning at South Carolina proved two things: that there is life after Johnny Manziel (his name is Kenny Hill) and that the Aggies will be SEC West contenders every year that Kevin Sumlin is on the sideline.
    3 Texas Longhorns 4
    EJ Holland: To say the Texas defense was stifling would be an understatement. The Longhorns completely shut down North Texas and held the Mean Green to 17 passing yards. 17! But David Ash is out with concussion symptoms again and Dominic Espinosa, a key cog along the offensive line, was lost for the year.
    4 TCU Horned Frogs 6
    Greg Tepper: It's hard to gauge much from a win over Samford, but the offense looked noticeably better and more explosive. Maybe Trevone Boykin has turned the corner as the team's signal-caller.
    5 UTSA Roadrunners 9
    EJ Holland: Whoa! We don’t think anybody that doesn’t live in San Antonio saw that one coming. UTSA’s defense put on a dominant display against a veteran Houston offense that was supposed to be downright explosive. And the offense did more than enough in Tucker Carter’s first start at quarterback. The Roadrunners are for real.
    6 Houston Cougars 3
    Greg Tepper: Thud. The Coogs flopped in the grand opening of TDECU Stadium, and must figure out how to get their offense out of the mud. The good news: the defense looks pretty good.
    7 Rice Owls 5
    EJ Holland: Nobody expected the Owls to go down in South Bend and take down the nationally ranked Fighting Irish. Rice, however, was very compe ive in the first half and has some major positives to build on. We still fully expect Rice to be a C-USA le contender.
    8 Texas Tech Red Raiders 7
    Greg Tepper: Did the Red Raiders forget to set their alarm clock? Tech sleepwalked through their game with Central Arkansas and came away with a 7-point win. They're better than they played on Saturday — or, at least, Tech fans had better hope they are.
    9 Texas State Bobcats 10
    EJ Holland: Yes, Arkansas Pine-Bluff is not a very good FCS team. But boy, the Bobcats looked really impressive. Tyler Jones was masterful at the helm, Robert Lowe had no trouble finding daylight and David Mayo led a stingy defense that came away with the shutout.
    10 North Texas Mean Green 8
    Greg Tepper: The Mean Green's offense sputtered and stalled all game against Texas, and it all starts with the quarterback. UNT has to find better and more consistent play under center if they're going to get back to a bowl.
    11 UTEP Miners 12
    EJ Holland: The Miners almost stumbled late but made big plays when it mattered most to pull out a momentum boosting win over New Mexico. UTEP must be on Cloud 9 after last year’s disappointing season. Will there be more wins to come? If Aaron Jones keeps running over defenders, the answer is definitely.
    12 SMU Mustangs 11
    Greg Tepper: The Mustangs were completely and totally overmatched by Baylor, which is OK if you're an FCS opponent but not so much for a team hoping to bounce back from a disappointing 2013 season. The Ponies need answers offensively, and fast.
    What a horrible list.

A&M is 1 at least for a week.

Tech is laughably low

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    if bryce petty really broke transverse processes, he'll be out for at least a month.

you're fat.

Tell us things we don't know but care about.
    Stick to..."I like Texas Tech".....ok?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    What a horrible list.

A&M is 1 at least for a week.

Tech is laughably low

Please tell us how? They were almost beat by Central Arkansas. LMAO

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Please tell us how? They were almost beat by Central Arkansas. LMAO
    Do you really believe Tech is worse than Houston and Rice, much less utsa?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Do you really believe Tech is worse than Houston and Rice, much less utsa?

I believe they are worse than UTSA.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    wow. new lows.

TT has had a habit of falling apart in the second half of the season recently. If we look at the second half of seasons from 2011, 2012, 2013 a weakass....6-14, how they beat ASU in their bowl last season...????

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    TT has had a habit of falling apart in the second half of the season recently. If we lkook at the second half of seasons from 2011, 2012, 1013 a weakass....6-14, how they beat ASU in their bowl last seaso...????
    You can pretty much date it back to 2000. I think passing teams struggle the colder it gets as the season goes on.

You can pretty much date it back to 2000. I think passing teams struggle the colder it gets as the season goes on.

Then how do you explain the fact that from 2008-2010 TT went 15=6 in the second half?

Post Count
    DMN's Texas rankings (for week 2 at least) seem most reasonable.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Then how do you explain the fact that from 2008-2010 TT went 15=6 in the second half?
    Oh neat. A three year window.

If it were anyone else, I might discuss. You can go yourself.

Oh neat. A three year window.

If it were anyone else, I might discuss. You can go yourself.
    You were simply wrong little guy.

Actually from 2004=2010 TT went...29=16 the second half. And you're a TT fan, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey shorty if ya need me, I'm here, hahaha!!!!!!!!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    lol alanac smack

Can't wait to see how lolutsa fares against the reigning AdvoCare V100 Bowl champions.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You were simply wrong little guy.

Actually from 2004=2010 TT went...29=16 the second half. And you're a TT fan, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey shorty if ya need me, I'm here, hahaha!!!!!!!!
    I didn't say they lose. I said passing teams struggle in the cold. In my opinion. Pro and college.

Any time you're ready to make that college football pick em bet, I'm ready, coward.

Until then, go yourself.

I didn't say they lose. I said passing teams struggle in the cold. In my opinion. Pro and college.

It's not that far fetched a theory to those that watch any amount of football.

Go yourself.

Well no stupid. Wow....rain/ice/wind/cold...actually hurt a passing atack.....gee thanks for letting us all in on that....hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a ing idiot!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Do you actually follow TT? Dude, stop acting like this is the Big10...ok? Just how many games did TT play in bad weather conditons in those years?

Little man they never left Texas/Oklahoma late in the year.

Did you really say....bad weather effects passing...hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    All I need to say.......... 7pt win over Central Arkansas? I hope that was a fluke game. If not, TT will get killed this year.

We held a high power UH offense to 7 pts.....really should have been a shutout. TT gave up over 30 to Central Arkansas??? Really?

Thread Information