5.TCU...45

Cali

1.UCLA...8
    2.Stanford...13
    3.USC....15
    4.San Diego State...54
    5.Fresno State...64

Hmmmm?
    USC overrated per usual. I think Tech will be better than Texas.

Post Count
    Of course you do. Texas has whooped Tech like 5 straight times though. I don't see why that would change.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Lulz

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Of course you do. Texas has whooped Tech like 5 straight times though. I don't see why that would change.
    And Baylor has sucked for all of history until they started tearing it up. Not sure of your point.

No idea who the QB will be and a brand new coach but you're not sure why things could change?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The game is also in Lubbock.

Not saying Tech will win, but I'm betting Vegas will favor Tech by a few points.

Post Count
    And Baylor has sucked for all of history until they started tearing it up. Not sure of your point.

No idea who the QB will be and a brand new coach but you're not sure why things could change?
    Uncertainty at the QB position? Yeah, we've dealt with that before. Tech typically has a poor run defense, and with M.Brown, J. Bergeron, and J. Grey all coming back... I suspect we will again be able to exploit that as well as set up a few play action passes to boot. Besides, we still have better players across the board than Tech does and coach Strong is just a better coach (though maybe not a better recruiter) who will get more out of his players than Mack.

I wrote that I don't see why the ultimate outcome of things "would" change based on my belief of the above. That is different than not seeing why things "could" change. Of course we don't know things for absolute certain until they happen, so yes, things could change, but I suspect they will not -- not enough has changed in Tech's favor to make Tech better.

Post Count
    The game is also in Lubbock.

Not saying Tech will win, but I'm betting Vegas will favor Tech by a few points.
    Over the course of the last 10 seasons, a lot of things have change including the home field advantage from year to year, but one thing has stayed pretty consistent -- Texas has consistently been better than Tech (having won 9 of the last 10 matches). I don't know what the vegas line will be, but they exist primarily to induce betting -- and are not necessarily the best prediction of what will happen.

We will see what happens. Maybe coach strong is a bust in his first season, maybe not, but I think the track record of Texas and of coach Strong say they will be better.

And I'm not saying this to disrespect Tech which has some positive things going for it -- I'm just stating my opinion based on what I see.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    A&M would still beat any other team in Texas. Even without Mr. Football. Baylor probably wins the most games this year but that's just a result of the ty conference they play in.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    On paper Texas has the best returning talent bar none. The aggsy have a good returning line and solid runningback and receivers but that's it. I expect no improvement from your defense since you have had to kick off most of your returning starters and you are starting a freshmen QB. Baylor brings back a strong offense with returning QB but they lost all their best defenders. Tech is an unknown and they have zero QB depth.

I would rank it

1. Texas
    2. Baylor
    3. Tech
    4. TCU
    5. A&M

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    A&M would still beat any other team in Texas.
    If Tech beats Arky and Arky beats A&M this year, there will be a red raider warning hovering over the general College Station area with 110% chance of semen storm
    Last edited by Blake; 06-30-2014 at 08:24 AM. Reason: the picture of the dick cloud in the jpeg is gone

How is USC overrated?

Texas is returning 15 starters, TT is returning 12. What are you looking at?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Texas is returning 15 starters, TT is returning 12. What are you looking at?
    UT is running a new offense and defense.

And it's not like those returning starters for UT were overly impressive. They lost to byu.

Baylor is looking at a 10-2 season, what other Texas team can say that?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Baylor is looking at a 10-2 season, what other Texas team can say that?
    That would mean Baylor is going to lose two conference games, I feel good one will be against Texas

That would mean Baylor is going to lose two conference games, I feel good one will be against Texas
    What happened to you in that Derrick Henry thread guy? Yep, I know my running backs slick.

Baylor plays Texas as the third game of a three week road trip, that's not a good "spot" for any team to be in. But, Baylor did kick Longorn ass last season 30-10 in Waco. But....the Bears are only returning 10 starters.

Post Count
    UT is running a new offense and defense.

And it's not like those returning starters for UT were overly impressive. They lost to byu.
    Yeah, but they still beat Tech after shedding Manny.

Post Count
    Tech's highest rated recruit for the class of 2014, CB Nigel Bethel II, has been dismissed from the team for punching a woman in the face.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...r-amber-battle

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What happened to you in that Derrick Henry thread guy? Yep, I know my running backs slick.

Baylor plays Texas as the third game of a three week road trip, that's not a good "spot" for any team to be in. But, Baylor did kick Longorn ass last season 30-10 in Waco. But....the Bears are only returning 10 starters.
    Baylor looks good on offense, but their defense lost way too much and since the game is in Austin I like Texas chances. Texas 8 on defense and 7 on offense. I like Texas chances.

Baylor looks good on offense, but their defense lost way too much and since the game is in Austin I like Texas chances. Texas 8 on defense and 7 on offense. I like Texas chances.
    Dude, so much can happen between then and now, only a rookie makes long range predictions like that. How about a week before the game....ok?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    6. UTSA

Nope, try....Houston, SMU and then UTSA.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    no, SMU sucks I'd even put Rice and North Texas ahead of them. UH-UTSA is a toss up.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah, but they still beat Tech after shedding Manny.
    the QB situations for both teams are much different now.

The coaching situations and schemes are different now on both sides if the ball for UT.

The game is in Lubbock this year.

I'm not saying Tech is a lock to win. I'm telling you that UT isn't.

Thread Information