Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gonna be learning under Boris and Manu, next 6th man for the Spurs imo. CANT WAIT.

Seriously we got the best passer in the draft ...
    ESPN magazine evaluation of Anderson BEFORE the draft: "Ceiling is in shape Boris Diaw. Floor is out of shape Boris Diaw." He should work into our passing offense without a problem.

He is slow and may be a serious problem for maintaining NBA level defense. But handles ball very well in traffic. He reminds me of another slow player we had back in the day who didn't have speed to drive into the lane but somehow made a lot of shots using the finger roll--George Gervin. Anderson will never be the shooter George was, but slow can be deceptive on offense sometimes.

You can't expect much at 30 and most mock drafts had him at least 5 picks higher. We'll see.
    Last edited by wildbill2u; 06-27-2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Didn't get to write my post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good take but it's time to change your avatar!
    I've been trying to figure out how but I really suck at technology. Every time I try to change it I get a message saying that the picture is invalid, I've tried everything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm an Oregon fan, I just watched this kid in person in the student section at Oregon this last year, and the entire time I just thought "Boy I'd love for him to be in Sa playing backup SF." This kid is a PERFECT fit for SA! He's humble, a team player, quiet, doesn't like the limelight, and is an excellent shooter and passer! Also, he is a great rebounder and defender. This kid is by FAR the biggest steal in the draft and you better believe he will contribute this year and help the team reach championship #6! I strongly believe he will be the 10th player on the team in terms of minutes, while he'll still be a valuable addition, he is Kawhi's backup, and Kawhi will probably have the most minutes of anyone on the team this year. So while he is still very valuable, he is behind Kawhi so his minutes will be limited. Anderson and Diaw are going to have a lot of fun together in the second lineup this year.
    Certainly looks like he's a rookie that is ready to contribute. He's not going to get lost in the Spurs offense.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN magazine evaluation of Anderson BEFORE the draft: "Ceiling is in shape Boris Diaw. Floor is out of shape Boris Diaw." He should work into our passing offense without a problem.

He is slow and may be a serious problem for maintaining NBA level defense. But handles ball very well in traffic. He reminds me of another slow player we had back in the day who didn't have speed to drive into the lane but somehow made a lot of shots using the finger roll--George Gervin. Anderson will never be the shooter George was, but slow can be deceptive on offense sometimes.

You can't expect much at 30 and most mock drafts had him at least 5 picks higher. We'll see.
    I've been saying the same thing, that he reminds me of the Iceman, the way he moves, silky smooth as if in slow motion, but no one can stop him because they are frozen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been trying to figure out how but I really suck at technology. Every time I try to change it I get a message saying that the picture is invalid, I've tried everything.
    There you go!

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should get Gervin to mentor him IMHO.
    He reminds me so much of him.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's nothing like George Gervin, come on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should get Gervin to mentor him IMHO.
    He reminds me so much of him.
    How so? Reminds me of Boris..

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's nothing like George Gervin, come on
    Have you watched any film of both? Check it out if you haven't.
    Ok, I know it sounds like an exaggeration, but mark my words.
    I've been wrong before, and will be wrong again, but IMHO I don't think I am about this kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand how some people are upset about this pick. In terms of raw talent, Anderson is probably the best prospect the Spurs have drafted within the past 5-10 years or so. Not to mention how this guy has 3 seasons to spend with the development staff before he even turns 24.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see what XMas means by the Gervin reference. Both have a cool demeanor to them with a long first step.

But other then that, one is a scorer and the other is a playmaker. It's really where the comparison ends.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How so? Reminds me of Boris..
    Watch him gliding through traffic looking for his shot or the open man.
    Just like Gervin used to do, and he has Gervin's finger roll down.
    Gervin always used to seem like he was moving in stop frame action on his way to the basket.
    Anderson looks the same.
    Honestly, I know this sounds preposterous but I would not be surprised if he cracked the starting lineup and became an offensive threat to be reckoned with this year, even though his defense is rather atrocious. But then so was Gervin's defense.
    I am cautiously optimistic about this kid. Remember, he literally destroyed the best defensive player in the draft when they played against each other.
    But mark my words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch him gliding through traffic looking for his shot or the open man.
    Just like Gervin used to do, and he has Gervin's finger roll down.
    Gervin always used to seem like he was moving in stop frame action on his way to the basket.
    Anderson looks the same.
    Honestly, I know this sounds preposterous but I would not be surprised if he cracked the starting lineup and became an offensive threat to be reckoned with this year, even though his defense is rather atrocious. But then so was Gervin's defense.
    I am cautiously optimistic about this kid. Remember, he literally destroyed the best defensive player in the draft when they played against each other.
    But mark my words.
    cautiously optimistic, thinks he can break the starting 5 on the reigning champs. troll post for sure, as usual

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cautiously optimistic, thinks he can break the starting 5 on the reigning champs. troll post for sure, as usual

Troll post? As usual? Where are you coming from?
    There is nothing of troll about a cautious "opinion".
    Best check your dictionary definitions.
    I do not ask you to believe my opinion, do I? No.
    Just "mark my words".
    If you don't like the player, or my opinion, then fine, that is your opinion.
    But there is absolutely nothing even remotely resembling a troll post about it.
    Last edited by xmas1997; 06-27-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been wrong before, and will be wrong again, but IMHO I don't think I am about this kid.
    George Gervin was a score-first, score-last, score-always lanky SG/SF. His career assist numbers were ~2.5/game. He was looking to shoot the ball or drive to the hoop, not pass.

From everything I've seen, Kyle Anderson is a pass-first guy. Dude averaged 7 assists last season. He's also a rebounder who grabbed 9 boards. Given his lack of speed (much slower than Gervin), and height, he seems to be a SF/PF who can pass. None of that describes the way Gervin played tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he might work out, too. And, one major difference between he and Boris that has been mentioned in other threads if not this one is that Boris has a great post up game that Kyle doesn't have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, I'd have drafted the kid at 30 just for his defensive rebounding. That's one of only a handful of stats that carry upward from level to level. The fact that you get outstanding ball handling and dead eye passing as basically a throw in is unbelievable. If Chip can quicken his jumper release and extend his range, they may be talking about him as a top 5 pick in a re-draft in 3-4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Chip can quicken his jumper release and extend his range
    This this this. For all the handling/passing ability he has, he's not really going have the ball in his hands on our team given the roster we have... He'll have to work out of a catch and shoot or catch-pump and drive, which is where he can showcase his skill is sort of a secondary playmaker. For that to work he's going to need to speed his release

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly is jumper looks terrible. He bends his elbow too much. He also has a 73% free throw average.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly is jumper looks terrible. He bends his elbow too much. He also has a 73% free throw average.
    Yeah, but hopefully Chip corrects it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, I'd have drafted the kid at 30 just for his defensive rebounding. That's one of only a handful of stats that carry upward from level to level. The fact that you get outstanding ball handling and dead eye passing as basically a throw in is unbelievable. If Chip can quicken his jumper release and extend his range, they may be talking about him as a top 5 pick in a re-draft in 3-4 years.
    Great post - we saw ole chip do it with Whi, why not Anderson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard's looked worse in college, tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is everyone assuming chip is still gonna be here next year? i'm concerned about him taking off for more money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is everyone assuming chip is still gonna be here next year? i'm concerned about him taking off for more money
    ?? He's under contract, from what I understand. The only way another team can poach him is to offer him a head coaching or top assistant gig.

Thread Information