Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1686
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been awesome to see Kyle get more comfortable out there. I'm all in for keeping him. It will be interesting to see how Kawhi and Tony's return will affect his role though. He'd obviously be moved to the bench with Kawhi and Tony handling the ball in the SL, Kyle's impact on offense would be limited since he's not an outside threat. Hopefully he can improve the bench attack with Manu/Gay/Mills.
    I know this isn't going to happen but I'd really like to see KA stay in the starting rotation once Kawhi comes back. I can really see him help make the starting unit gel, something that might be a challenge with Kawhi and LMAs game not blending well in the past.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Double post
    Last edited by skulls138; 11-18-2017 at 08:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk I guess it depends on the market. Simmons for $7 mill/yr is a bargain imo but maybe I'm still basing it on the contracts given two years ago.
    i was about to say that..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the church my brethren.
    can I get an amen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KA becoming a solid player. Good to see. Hit some timely buckets last night.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 man fluff krew still can't stop talking about Simmons

Bush head scores 10 points and they want to pay him 12M/per lmfaoooooo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this isn't going to happen but I'd really like to see KA stay in the starting rotation once Kawhi comes back. I can really see him help make the starting unit gel, something that might be a challenge with Kawhi and LMAs game not blending well in the past.
    Of course Kyle can stay in the starting lineup. Just bump Fatty to the bench. Kyle's the better distributor on offence. Becky knew how to play him the right way. Poop is slower upstairs, but he's finally figured that out now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 3 or 4 year deal at 7/8 per is most likely.
    I remember 7 mills is what Boris got b4 the cap e. I think Kyle is closer to 10 mills in the current cap.

Simmons was faced with a tough market by being restricted and him having had a real lousy regular season last year and only showing up in the playoffs. There was a time in the regular season that he was even starting by to lose minutes bc he just wasn’t playing well so he was a gamble and an older player gamble.

That Kyle’s playing like this in the regular season in a starting role increases his profile and win shares, and gives a better sample of what he’s capable of than if he only did it in 5-6 playoffs games but otherwise was lousy in the regular season etc. He’s also 24 years old with many years still in his prime and probably better seasons to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amennnnnnnn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said in one of my preseason posts that one of the things that had to happen was one of the young guys "making the leap". I think Kyle has been that guy. I think he's now a heavy rotation guy as long as he's here (which I hope is a while.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle at the point reminded me of Summer League Kyle, except instead of playing against NBA rookies and scrubs, he was playing against a loaded NBA team and doing just fine.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Kyle can stay in the starting lineup. Just bump Fatty to the bench. Kyle's the better distributor on offence. Becky knew how to play him the right way. Poop is slower upstairs, but he's finally figured that out now.
    Also thinking about when Parker comes back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember 7 mills is what Boris got b4 the cap e. I think Kyle is closer to 10 mills in the current cap.

Simmons was faced with a tough market by being restricted and him having had a real lousy regular season last year and only showing up in the playoffs. There was a time in the regular season that he was even starting by to lose minutes bc he just wasn’t playing well so he was a gamble and an older player gamble.

That Kyle’s playing like this in the regular season in a starting role increases his profile and win shares, and gives a better sample of what he’s capable of than if he only did it in 5-6 playoffs games but otherwise was lousy in the regular season etc. He’s also 24 years old with many years still in his prime and probably better seasons to come.
    I get all of that. The problem is, at some point, basing contract offers on comparisons falls apart. I'm not guessing what he is or isn't worth. I'm guessing what will happen. Ultimately, his contract offer will be for what he will be willing to sign for, IMO. If he is offered 4/32 I think he signs, even if he might be able to get 10 mill somewhere else. I think his get others involved first and lack of aggression demeanor is part of who he is and he would rather carry his relative success with the Spurs in a safe/less pressured role than sign for 10 mill with another team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw the numbers and it just confirmed what I've seen with my own eyes.

He can't score to save his ing life unless it's hand fed to him wide open under the rim. He's such a non-threat that teams often forget about him and he's left open for layups.

FG% by distance:
    At Rim - 66.7% (28/42)
    3 to 10 feet - 38.7% (12/31)
    10 to 16 feet - 44.9% (4/9)
    16ft to 3pt line - 27.3% (3/11)
    3pt - 33.3% (2/6)

Those 28 FGM at the rim consisted of 26 layups and 2 dunks. When forced to use that jump shot, he only makes it 35.8% of the time. Yikes. You'd expect better from someone who's been here 4 years with Chip Engelland. Even Simmons' jumper improved tremendously having been here for just two seasons....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He admitted he knows he is slow, but still plays his game.

His years as PG at UCLA are very useful.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He can't score to save his ing life unless it's hand fed to him wide open under the rim. He's such a non-threat that teams often forget about him and he's left open for layups.

FG% by distance:
    At Rim - 66.7% (28/42)
    3pt - 33.3% (2/6)

Those 28 FGM at the rim consisted of 26 layups and 2 dunks. When forced to use that jump shot, he only makes it 35.8% of the time. Yikes. You'd expect better from someone who's been here 4 years with Chip Engelland. Even Simmons' jumper improved tremendously having been here for just two seasons....
    Damn those numbers don’t lie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less than 50% of his shots are assisted and he creates for others that’s valuable in an offense where current perimeter players can’t get their own shot reliably or create for others without turning the ball over at a high rate if asked to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    32/4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

FG% by distance:
    At Rim - 66.7% (28/42)
    3pt - 33.3% (2/6)

Both of those percentages are above average from the spots from where they were taken

Kind of sabotages your point....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn those numbers don’t lie
    Numbers don't but that's misleading.

Shooting 67% from 0-3 is above average. I believe the league average is around 62% or 63%

His shots for 10-16 feet are also either above or league average. He essientially stopped taking 3's so I don't care about that percentage and

He's taken 105 shots and according to TYG's numbers, Anderson has taken 42 shots within 3 feet meaning that 40% of his shots are layups and he's shooting an above average percentage from that spot.

The only spot he struggles with is long 2's which accounts for just 10% of his shot selection and the sample size is so small from that area it isn't indicative how how well he does or does not shoot from that area.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see a 4yr/ $28-32 million. I think that's about fair, then again, the problem is that Leonard, LMA, & Gay, (assuming that he is back) all are there to keep him from getting minutes. I would like to see a Parker-Green-Leonard-Anderson-Aldridge starting lineup next season with Gasol sliding to the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Numbers don't but that's misleading.

Shooting 67% from 0-3 is above average. I believe the league average is around 62% or 63%

His shots for 10-16 feet are also either above or league average. He essientially stopped taking 3's so I don't care about that percentage and

He's taken 105 shots and according to TYG's numbers, Anderson has taken 42 shots within 3 feet meaning that 40% of his shots are layups and he's shooting an above average percentage from that spot.

The only spot he struggles with is long 2's which accounts for just 10% of his shot selection and the sample size is so small from that area it isn't indicative how how well he does or does not shoot from that area.
    How are they misleading? Fact is when he's forced to take a jumper, he only has a 35.8% chance of making it. He's a black hole if you're trying to spread the floor. Those numbers don't even take account all the open 3's he passes up.

He's basically the Deandre Jordan of small forwards. You won't see him rack up points unless he's getting open layups/dunks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less than 50% of his shots are assisted and he creates for others that’s valuable in an offense where current perimeter players can’t get their own shot reliably or create for others without turning the ball over at a high rate if asked to do so.
    He tried to give away the game last night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are they misleading? Fact is when he's forced to take a jumper, he only has a 35.8% chance of making it. He's a black hole if you're trying to spread the floor. Those numbers don't even take account all the open 3's he passes up.

He's basically the Deandre Jordan of small forwards. You won't see him rack up points unless he's getting open layups/dunks
    Kyle isn't like Patty, in that he doesn't need to score to remain somewhat effective and Spurs don't need him scoring a lot. So I don't know why you are picking on his scoring tbh... His overall game has been above average this year for the first time in his 4 year career.

His ability to defend multiple positions, his length, his rebounding, the ways he can facilitate in his limited opportunities with the ball, all make him very valuable for this team. Spurs need more players that have these versatility traits and that's why I'd value Kyle over Tony or Patty against any team. I'm praying, that when Kawhi gets back, we see some Kawhi, Green, Gay, Kyle, LA lineups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol his ability to defend multiple positions... Gets burned on D by multiple positions is a little more accurate.

Thread Information