Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1686
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle isn't like Patty, in that he doesn't need to score to remain somewhat effective and Spurs don't need him scoring a lot. So I don't know why you are picking on his scoring tbh... His overall game has been above average this year for the first time in his 4 year career.

His ability to defend multiple positions, his length, his rebounding, the ways he can facilitate in his limited opportunities with the ball, all make him very valuable for this team. Spurs need more players that have these versatility traits and that's why I'd value Kyle over Tony or Patty against any team. I'm praying, that when Kawhi gets back, we see some Kawhi, Green, Gay, Kyle, LA lineups.
    I disagree. He'd be exposed on defense in any other system besides San Antonio or Golden States. Those two teams do a good job of incorporating team defense. Danny Green said it himself. His teammates make him look better than what he is. Kyle's extremely flawed defensively, ESPECIALLY against slashers like Simmons, but credit to Pop for minimizing it as best he can. You can throw your metrics at me but those same metrics loved Dedmon when he was here as well. DD's defensive numbers were average in Orlando, great in SA, and then back to average in Atlanta.

Kawhi nor Green can guard PG's. I'd prefer a lineup of Murray, Green, Leonard, Gay, Aldridge.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol his ability to defend multiple positions... Gets burned on D by multiple positions is a little more accurate.
    Gets blown by like a revolving door when matched up against slashers. Thank god for the help defenders and two 7-footers in the paint tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gets blown by like a revolving door when matched up against slashers. Thank god for the help defenders and two 7-footers in the paint tbh....
    Lol!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are they misleading? Fact is when he's forced to take a jumper, he only has a 35.8% chance of making it. He's a black hole if you're trying to spread the floor. Those numbers don't even take account all the open 3's he passes up.

He's basically the Deandre Jordan of small forwards. You won't see him rack up points unless he's getting open layups/dunks
    You made it seem like he was a poor finisher at the rim and in the midrange (10-16 feet) when the opposite is true. He basically doesn't take 3's and has only taken 11 long range jumpers (9% of his shots) it is difficult to criticize his percentage when it's such a small sample size.

For all I know, a couple of those shots came late in the shot clock, when he got is rushed and heavily contested. Your trying hard to make it seem like he is an inefficient scorer when the percentages don't nessicary back that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw the numbers and it just confirmed what I've seen with my own eyes.

He can't score to save his ing life unless it's hand fed to him wide open under the rim. He's such a non-threat that teams often forget about him and he's left open for layups.

FG% by distance:
    At Rim - 66.7% (28/42)
    3 to 10 feet - 38.7% (12/31)
    10 to 16 feet - 44.9% (4/9)
    16ft to 3pt line - 27.3% (3/11)
    3pt - 33.3% (2/6)

Those 28 FGM at the rim consisted of 26 layups and 2 dunks. When forced to use that jump shot, he only makes it 35.8% of the time. Yikes. You'd expect better from someone who's been here 4 years with Chip Engelland. Even Simmons' jumper improved tremendously having been here for just two seasons....
    Why is it a bad thing that he can get to and finish at the rim? Yeah, he can't shoot the 3 but that's really his only major weakness. Aside from that he's a well rounded player that can guard 2-4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol his ability to defend multiple positions... Gets burned on D by multiple positions is a little more accurate.
    I think his defense has slipped a bit, guys are getting by him easier than they have previously. But he's still got deceptively quick hands, and is able to deflect the ball from guys.

Him playing more confidently offensively has been great to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle's man D isn't that great. He defends much better in a team context where he knows where his help is. His best attribute on by far are his hands, though. Can't pass, shoot or dribble near him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle's man D isn't that great. He defends much better in a team context where he knows where his help is. His best attribute on by far are his hands, though. Can't pass, shoot or dribble near him.
    But you can offensive rebound on him 90 percent of the time, and hes ty at fts

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Numbers aren't everything. Kyle has a good feel for the game and is a good team player.Sure he gets burned by slasher but that's only one thing in which he compensates with other things like rebounding. He also can block shots.Shooting the ball is my only complaint of his but hey I'll take what I got right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Hes a great rebounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the haters will always nitpick. Haters got to hate. He's a roleplayer, but is a good one, he helps your team win, he's young and worth retaining.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the haters will always nitpick. Haters got to hate. He's a roleplayer, but is a good one, he helps your team win, he's young and worth retaining.
    His intangibles aren't measured. The most of us can see it though. He's been balling. And the context of the numbers just aren't there. If you are looking for dirt, you can find it. Everyone has dirt...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fathead is having his best season. That said I still think he's the 7th or 8th man off the bench when Parker and kawhi are back.

I don't think he's anything special. He's a solid roleplayer right now that passes up a ton of shots. If they don't retain him in the off-season it's likely bc they feel they can replace him fairly easily... which is probably true.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For someone who plays far outside the paint on defense a lot of the time, he's got a pretty decent rebound percentage. Also FTs aren't defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been better but the fact that he doesn't want to and is unable to, SHOOT AT ALL from the outside, quite simply holds most lineups that he is part of back offensively/helps other team's defenses, and diminishes his value greatly.

I don't think he would be playing on a lot of teams.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K.Anderson is a versatile (can play many positions) and intelligent player. You can't measure his impact from statistics. In the offense he is always in the right position, sees the mismatches, passes the ball to open player, sneaks from back door to the basket etc. He would have much more points, if other players would notice his sneaks. He is teams best offensive rebounder. His defence is good and he don't sleep in help defense. Sure, he hesitates with his outside shot, but nobody is perfect.

As a coach and as a team mate I would love to have his kind of player on my team.
    Last edited by FrankieS; 11-19-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Hes a great rebounder.
    You missed last game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For someone who plays far outside the paint on defense a lot of the time, he's got a pretty decent rebound percentage. Also FTs aren't defense.
    You must check box scores and not watch games... nice

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's pretty much 99% inevitable the Spurs re-sign this guy right? he's got the corporate knowledge and he's over himself and he's not gangsta...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's pretty much 99% inevitable the Spurs re-sign this guy right? he's got the corporate knowledge and he's over himself and he's not gangsta...
    Nah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course they will...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been better but the fact that he doesn't want to and is unable to, SHOOT AT ALL from the outside, quite simply holds most lineups that he is part of back offensively/helps other team's defenses, and diminishes his value greatly.

I don't think he would be playing on a lot of teams.

That is absolutely untrue, of the 10 players on the team that has played 200 minutes for the Spurs, Anderson is second behind LMA in Offensive Rtg (117) and is tied for second with LMA (and behind Gasol on the team in Net Rtg with +15.

The Great Yacht tried to claim that he was a horrid shooter but inadvertently pointed out that 40% of his shots come within 3 feet and he converts on almost 67% of those shots (above average) He also is an above average mid range shooter this season, hitting 45% on shots from 10-16 feet. Despite the fact that he's essentially stopped shooting 3's, he hasn't messed up the spacing because he is playing more and with the ball in his hand and Mills, Green, Gasol and Aldridge are above average shooters from their position.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course they will...
    100$ they don't.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even SAGirl wouldn't take me on that bet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and team really like him. Pop mentioned his teammates love playing with him. That’s not a comment Pop makes lightly about roleplayers. I definitely think they will want him back. Hopefully the parties can come to an agreement.

Thread Information