Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1686
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The little criminal is not even marginally deserving of any attention... ---->

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he really? I haven't been watching the Cavs this year yet, but he's been the starting PF? Who is their center? Where's Love? Thompson?
    I haven't watched but a few minutes here and there of them to be fair. They play Love at Center at times and Thomson others.
    I am also not championing TPA .. it's just a visually interesting graph to see how they rank guys (data pooled from bref).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched but a few minutes here and there of them to be fair. They play Love at Center at times and Thomson others.
    I am also not championing TPA .. it's just a visually interesting graph to see how they rank guys (data pooled from bref).
    I get you. Just a shock, to me, that he's listed as a PF now. Wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get you. Just a shock, to me, that he's listed as a PF now. Wow.
    yea... must be the percentage he's played at that spot, since most SF of today's game play some 4 at times...
    but here is bron:

Here is Bron in comparison to all players across all positions:

Here are the point guards:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea... must be the percentage he's played at that spot, since most SF of today's game play some 4 at times...
    but here is bron:

Here is Bron in comparison to all players across all positions:

Here are the point guards:
    Very interesting. Thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LO LONZO BALL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you not understand Andersons time playing 30 plus minutes a game is coming to an end? hence the hourglass btw.

Whats petty about it?
    That I want the Spurs MVP back in the starting lineup?
    That i dont get wet about a bench player getting 8pts 7rebs a game in 30 plus minutes?

Lets assume Anderson gets 15 min a game.
    Will you and the other trolls post about his exciting 4pts 3reb he will be averaging in 15 min?
    Answer: Nope.

I might as well put a timer on this thread as well..

This will all end once Leonard comes back..
    Pop said he'll find a way to make him play. He will get more minutes at the PF or even PG. So he'll have more than 15 min. Can't you just admit he's playing well and stop calling us trolls ? Cause you're the one trolling here...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This came straight from Pop:

then this statement:

Only the ungrateful bas s trolls in this forum would rather have the team losing than seeing Kyle step up help the team and earn the coaches trust. Only these same ignorant trolls assume that once Kawhi comes back he won't need his teammates to continue to play well and keep the confidence they have built up.
    Pop will figure it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he develops a 3 he might get a Crabbe-like contract. This board will explode when the Spurs match
    If he develops a 3 I might consider it a good contract. Well maybe not that great.
    It'll be interesting what he commands in the off season. There are 29 other teams- so there is always the chance someone will do something crazy. However, I wonder if other teams will be hesitant- that he will not do well outside the Spurs...

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you not understand Andersons time playing 30 plus minutes a game is coming to an end? hence the hourglass btw.

Whats petty about it?
    That i dont get wet about a bench player getting 8pts 7rebs a game in 30 plus minutes?

Will you and the other trolls post about his exciting 4pts 3reb he will be averaging in 15 min?

IF,Leonard comes back.

Anyway, Kyle finding a way to contribute in a way the team needs can only be good. Makes the team deeper and more versatile, which what we were hoping Kyle would provide.

I hope he keeps getting better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Whats petty about it?

Everyone wants KL back, what's your point? We're winning and KAs a big part of it. Admit it, you'd have the Spurs lose just to be right wouldn't you. Nod your head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First I hear from Buford about Kyle's free agency:

Popovich said Anderson's ascension is no surprise to the organization and that when Leonard returns, Anderson "should still be on the court somehow or other." It would seem likely that the Spurs would want him to remain on the roster beyond 2017-18, too.

"Free agency happens this coming July, and he'll be in a better position because of the way he's played," Buford said. "We'll be in a better position because we know the role that he can fill with the team that we have. We'll evaluate Kyle's free agency as a part of the whole team, but he's clearly put himself in a position to be respected in free agency."
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-kawhi-leonard
    Last edited by SAGirl; 11-30-2017 at 11:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks who's topping the defense axis.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First I hear from Buford about Kyle's free agency:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-kawhi-leonard

That tells me they are already aware he's going to get interest from other teams and they are sending a sign to interested teams that they would like him back. What Kyle himself wants to do and who else wants him out there is going to be the determining factor in him coming back or not.
    Hypothetical question, but if it came down to Rudy or Kyle, who you going with? I know Danny, Rudy, Joff, Bryn and Kyle could be FA's... I legit want Kyle back though. He's just too versatile.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TPA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothetical question, but if it came down to Rudy or Kyle, who you going with? I know Danny, Rudy, Joff, Bryn and Kyle could be FA's... I legit want Kyle back though. He's just too versatile.
    Kyle. 1) He's as good, as a total package (less of a scorer, better in ball movement, defense, teamwork[ie not needing as many touches/shots]), 2) he's younger 3)Still has clear potential to grow - more shooting of the 3 (and note his 3FG% has gone up every year up until now...) 4) I suspect he might be cheaper, GM's still have a tendency to overpay for Points, and Gay is showing he can produce them post-injury, not to mention he showing he can be useful for a good team, as well as a poor one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    easily Kyle, but why are people using TPA for anything (even on other forums)? this seems like a trend this season (as was espn PER in others)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    easily Kyle, but why are people using TPA for anything (even on other forums)? this seems like a trend this season (as was espn PER in others)
    I used the charts bc they are visually easy on the eyes... ppl can make the inference they want.
    To me the most revealing is seeing the comparison with everyone else using the same ranking stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To clarify for everyone, TPA is an aggregate impact stat in the win-shares and VORP mode rather than PER, NRtg or the WS/48. It's based in BBRef's BPM stat, but it accounts for minutes played whereas the derivative plus-minuses are controlled for that. I don't like it because a) It's lazy for some guys to take other people's hard work and just put a multiplier on it and b) BPM intentionally removes play time as a factor through much more complicated means than a divisor, so simply multiplying the minutes back in likely creates a different effect than the "creators" of the stat are reporting. I don't know how accurately the data correlates to other stats or general "eye-test" expectations, so I won't call it inaccurate. Its intention, however, is to show who's had the most impact on their team's net scoring, not who's better. I just thought that was important enough to bring up as more guys are looking at these numbers critically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly too early for me to decide that personally. Gay is still pretty fresh off a long stretch with no ball. If he turns into that legit scoring threat and comes up big in the playoffs? It makes the decision a bit tougher. If he can be that reliable 3rd option to go up against some of these teams, and take some pressure off Kawhi/LMA then that would be amazing.

KA obviously brings different things to the table. Keeping both would be ideal, assuming they both play well as the season goes along. Anderson is probably slightly ahead now, but again I tend to give new guys (especially coming off an injury like that) more time/slack than others to see how well they can acclimate themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks who's topping the defense axis.
    Impressive, considering defense was supposed to be an unfixable problem for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To clarify for everyone, TPA is an aggregate impact stat in the win-shares and VORP mode rather than PER, NRtg or the WS/48. It's based in BBRef's BPM stat, but it accounts for minutes played whereas the derivative plus-minuses are controlled for that. I don't like it because a) It's lazy for some guys to take other people's hard work and just put a multiplier on it and b) BPM intentionally removes play time as a factor through much more complicated means than a divisor, so simply multiplying the minutes back in likely creates a different effect than the "creators" of the stat are reporting. I don't know how accurately the data correlates to other stats or general "eye-test" expectations, so I won't call it inaccurate. Its intention, however, is to show who's had the most impact on their team's net scoring, not who's better. I just thought that was important enough to bring up as more guys are looking at these numbers critically.
    Thank for this information Chinook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always rooted for him, knowing his potential and I'm pleased with how far he's come in the last few years. Clear upward trajectory.
    Now he needs to continue to build upon it and keep up the good work. If he steps it up in the playoffs, he's looking at a great payday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd hope it's not an either or situation. Rudy is in the driver's seat of his own contract situation next season, Kyle is not.

It's still early in the season, he has to maintain his level of play when Kawhi gets back and continue to get better once he plays with the bench crew. He needs to show up in the playoffs too and put pressure on Spurs. Kyle gave that interview where he said he's become keenly aware that the NBA business aspect is brutal. He can't get complacent by a good start and has to keep putting his name out there. In a way, it's kind of a catch 22. The better he plays the more likely it is others will want to poach him, but at the same time, only by playing to his full potential can he put pressure on the Spurs to sign him back. He's not so entrenched that they can't afford to lose him frankly. Kawhi will carry this team for a long time as long as he's healthy and the team is strong at the forward spots. What helps him is that he's very versatile, can do different things, play different spots in different lineups and is a very good complimentary player to high usage scoring stars and he can contribute without being ball dominant or being a high usage player. But there are areas he can still improve upon, like spacing the floor for others, etc.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to build a Cathedral...

Thread Information