Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1686
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's average at best at everything. Brings zero excitement or energy. Just one of those safe picks who, in the end, will likely not stick with the Spurs, or even in the league. If he does, he'll be a career bench player on bad to decent teams - the Ray Felton or Ramon Sessions of small ball bigs.

Derrick White likely has the same career trajectory ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting a session in with the Kaang, the Snake, and future Rocket Carmeloooo Anthonyyyyy

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting a session in with the Kaang, the Snake, and future Rocket Carmeloooo Anthonyyyyy
    Did they really add duplicate highlights to this video to get it to 4:20?

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson is not a bad player, he is just is man without a position, and a aggressive mindset. He is a laid back player. A role player that can give a superstar 10 minutes a game to catch their breath. Unfortunately, the Spurs need some more aggressive, hungry emerging stars, not more role players. They let the one aggressive player leave to Orlando.
    Maybe Kyle will be aggressive in contract year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like anderson. But it was funny as to hear the idiots say he was magic reincarnate or lottery talent. Ka is what is wrong with media hype. Ive seen players not even get contacted by d1 colleges that were better than nba players who led league in scoring. Ka is just another name to add to the list of overhyped under skilled professionals.
    Like who?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give him his due, he's been working on his game the whole offseason. I wouldn't say he'll be a star, but he has the tools to be a good role player if he can shoot 38% or better from the three point line. I've never argued he was a star, but he is an NBA player. He was picked at the end of the first round...obviously GMs that know his game passed on drafting him in the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't see this posted anywhere. It's a very candid and recent interview.

There are a few Spurs tangents in the interview:

At the beginning he's asked what he's learned in his transition from college to his now 4th season in the NBA, and he mentions the business aspect of the NBA and how it's a cutthroat business and everyone is out for themselves. The whole "buddy, buddy" thing doesn't work in the NBA. He mentions he is in it by himself and has to look out for himself. I suspect how it went for the free agency class this season influenced his view.

He also talks about his workouts this summer and he mentioned competing against elite NBA players was something he wanted to do to gain confidence in his ability. He mentioned he's more free to play in that setting going against really good players bc he's not constantly hearing a coach in the back of his mind saying pass the ball, do this or that etc. He felt it would better prepare him for the season when he does compete against those guys.

He has some messages for the teenage players. He says: don't believe your own hype. You aren't as good as you think you are. It's tough when you are a top recruit in high school to not believe your own hype and get complacent. He admitted he got complacent and believed his own hype. He didn't work on his game as hard as he could have his freshman year in college. He thought he made up for it his second season but it was tough for him and he wished someone had prepared him for how tough it would be and how much harder he would need to work on his game. He said the greats never get complacent and are never satisfied. He would advise all the high school top recruits to work harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to read that Kyle is an even-keeled dude. Doesn't seem like he's going to be back in 2018, though. I wonder what APY it would take to extend him. Kyle is a better but significantly less accomplished player than TJ Warren, but anything approaching Warren's APY would be foolish for the team to give out now. I think it's realistic that he ends up as a long-term piece, but his salary would need to reflect the actual NBA market, not the one folks assumed was there when guys like Bazemore and Crabbe were getting maxed out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to read that Kyle is an even-keeled dude. Doesn't seem like he's going to be back in 2018, though. I wonder what APY it would take to extend him. Kyle is a better but significantly less accomplished player than TJ Warren, but anything approaching Warren's APY would be foolish for the team to give out now. I think it's realistic that he ends up as a long-term piece, but his salary would need to reflect the actual NBA market, not the one folks assumed was there when guys like Bazemore and Crabbe were getting maxed out.
    I have said it for a while. I don't think he will be back. The uncertainties of RFA and how tough the market will be next season do create doubt in my mind though, but I do believe Spurs haven't offered anything. He's facing a situation similar to JSimms and he knows it, and that is if he's not traded first. His former college teammate Shabazz ended up signing for the minimum in Minnesota and former Austin Spurs alum Jamychal Green remains or remained unsigned a day ago. It doesn't look good for him and his class. I can't really tell you his value, he's been cooped up in the bench and broke out with a few good games in the playoffs. I think he knows this is his payday season and has gotten as ready as he possibly can for it. It will depend on how it goes, but even if it goes very well for him, I could still see him gone. In fact, it's more likely he leaves if he has a good season.

I do wonder if the trade market will flourish once again with teams strapped for cap. Already we saw a whole lot of trades this past summer, whereas the 2 seasons prior it was a bonanza of overpriced roleplayers getting signed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have said it for a while. I don't think he will be back. The uncertainties of RFA and how tough the market will be next season do create doubt in my mind though, but I do believe Spurs haven't offered anything. He's facing a situation similar to JSimms and he knows it, and that is if he's not traded first. His former college teammate Shabazz ended up signing for the minimum in Minnesota and former Austin Spurs alum Jamychal Green remains or remained unsigned a day ago. It doesn't look good for him and his class. I can't really tell you his value, he's been cooped up in the bench and broke out with a few good games in the playoffs. I think he knows this is his payday season and has gotten as ready as he possibly can for it. It will depend on how it goes, but even if it goes very well for him, I could still see him gone. In fact, it's more likely he leaves if he has a good season.

I do wonder if the trade market will flourish once again with teams strapped for cap. Already we saw a whole lot of trades this past summer, whereas the 2 seasons prior it was a bonanza of overpriced roleplayers getting signed.
    It's a perfect market for extensions, since players are losing by betting on themselves right now. I think Anderson would listen to an extension offer, but seeing as many of them are still overpayments right now, it doesn't seem worth it. I wouldn't go over MLE money extending anyone but Kawhi or LMA, but Kyle would have to lock down a top-seven rotation spot for me to even offer that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't see this posted anywhere. It's a very candid and recent interview.

There are a few Spurs tangents in the interview:

At the beginning he's asked what he's learned in his transition from college to his now 4th season in the NBA, and he mentions the business aspect of the NBA and how it's a cutthroat business and everyone is out for themselves. The whole "buddy, buddy" thing doesn't work in the NBA. He mentions he is in it by himself and has to look out for himself. I suspect how it went for the free agency class this season influenced his view.

He also talks about his workouts this summer and he mentioned competing against elite NBA players was something he wanted to do to gain confidence in his ability. He mentioned he's more free to play in that setting going against really good players bc he's not constantly hearing a coach in the back of his mind saying pass the ball, do this or that etc. He felt it would better prepare him for the season when he does compete against those guys.

He has some messages for the teenage players. He says: don't believe your own hype. You aren't as good as you think you are. It's tough when you are a top recruit in high school to not believe your own hype and get complacent. He admitted he got complacent and believed his own hype. He didn't work on his game as hard as he could have his freshman year in college. He thought he made up for it his second season but it was tough for him and he wished someone had prepared him for how tough it would be and how much harder he would need to work on his game. He said the greats never get complacent and are never satisfied. He would advise all the high school top recruits to work harder.
    Thanks for posting.

Pretty rare to hear a Spur player say "You're in it for yourself" and "You can't trust other people" especially for a levelheaded guy like Kyle. It's not like this DeJuan Blair saying it. Wonder what experiences he's referring to (if anything specific) or just generalities?

Still, I like Kyle. Spurs really could use him having a breakout year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting.

Pretty rare to hear a Spur player say "You're in it for yourself" and "You can't trust other people" especially for a levelheaded guy like Kyle. It's not like this DeJuan Blair saying it. Wonder what experiences he's referring to (if anything specific) or just generalities?

Yeah, that's really weird. The Spurs gave Kyle 120 percent of the rookie scale without much of a fight. Salary-wise, he seems to have had a relatively smooth career. He could mean a relative lack of friends on the team/in the league. Maybe his view is informed by the Simmons situation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're resigning kyle for about 6-8 per on a three year deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting.

He doesn't make reference to anything specific, but he did have one sentence where he timidly mentions that this is his livelihood and can determine providing for his family.

I believe it's related to his agents negotiation of a contract extension that doesn't look good. I don't think he's getting offers.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 09-26-2017 at 05:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's really weird. The Spurs gave Kyle 120 percent of the rookie scale without much of a fight. Salary-wise, he seems to have had a relatively smooth career. He could mean a relative lack of friends on the team/in the league. Maybe his view is informed by the Simmons situation?
    It's not relative to friends, it's relative to his contract situation with the Spurs IMO. See my comment above.

I reflected on what you said above about the market for extensions. I used to think Spurs just didn't favor them bc they tied up capspace, specially if they wanted to make a splash in FA like they did the season they signed up Lamarcus. They hadn't extended Kawhi and CoJo to allow them to have that window. I used to think Spurs were planning something similar and wouldn't extend any young players. Now, it just doesn't make sense bc they went and reupped Pau and Mills for 98 million over a few several years so I don't know what Spurs are planning. It's possible they will have to make plays through trades from now on.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 09-26-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren just came off a season averaging 14/5/1 on good efficiency. Fathead doesn't even average 14 in Per40.

To even mention both, especially when there's a 10ppg difference, in the same sentence is already disrespectful. Much less to say a mediocre talent like Fathead is better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're resigning kyle for about 6-8 per on a three year deal.
    IF they get that as an extension, it will be a good deal.

http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players...76&season=2016

Unfortunately, if we don't lock him up, I think he is going to have an opportunity this year to up his value considerably...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren just came off a season averaging 14/5/1 on good efficiency. Fathead doesn't even average 14 in Per40.

To even mention both, especially when there's a 10ppg difference, in the same sentence is already disrespectful. Much less to say a mediocre talent like Fathead is better.
    Should have expressed your feelings through Clip Art

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truly we don't know how Kyle would look in that Sun's team. With a roster deprived of talent he might play at least 20 minutes nightly and we'd know his value better. Warren is a talented scorer but he's not a good shooter who would fit in the Spurs system seamlessly and he would occupy the midrange like the team's stars. I know for sure he wouldn't start for the Spurs and would have been an ill fit with last team's bench. In the Spurs of last season Warren might not have been much better while not adding anything in other areas. Spurs do depress the stats of most of their end of bench roleplayers. I think some teams may evaluate him more based on his playoff games than anything else bc he's been stashed in Pop's bench. No matter what I think like J.Simms he's going to earn his $ in the postseason. So we shall see. Market looks rough and Spurs have been playing hardball with their young guys. If things come to the same they came with J.Simms I think he will feel that money being equal he'd rather be somewhere else. His statement of being in this on his own already give insight to his state of mind. He's gone IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have expressed your feelings through Clip Art
    crap player evaluation from one of the worst in the board. Should've stuck with cap space posts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crap player evaluation from one of the worst in the board. Should've stuck with cap space posts
    Says the guy who's pinked because of his takes. Stick to trolling Manu fans, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy who's pinked because of his takes. Stick to trolling Manu fans, man.
    I don't suck up to mods and Kori. Cant say the same for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has had 3 off-seasons now to get his body strong enough to play the 4 and gives the team passing and IQ at the position.

It's all going to come down to if he can/will shoot the 3 at 35%+ and not hesitate. If he can do that then maybe he could start on a bad team

The Anderson / Bertan's battle will be interesting to watch but i have Bertans ahead by a long way.
    Last edited by ceds; 09-27-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Thread Information