Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2228
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want Wiggins. He's making too much money to get knocked out in first round.
    I don't care how much Wiggins makes, we're the champs, now it's time to put the money on the table. Plus the Cavs now have Lebron, Wiggins is basically redundant. On draft night Bill Simmons was saying all this good stuff about him, he gotta be really good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got back from the summer league game.

Two observations. 1) Kyle Anderson can play defense. 2) Bryce Cotton cannot play point guard.

And one more thing -- they should have fouled with a three point lead and four seconds left!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    srsly, after that glorious playoff run, watching some of these summer league games were an eyesore...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a rookie. Bringing effort isn't enough, especially since it was selfish and constantly hurt the team. Say what you want about Ayres, but he knows how to get out of people's way. He's not remotely a selfish player. I don't really think Ayres should make the team, either if the Spurs bring Baynes back. But it makes little sense to eat his salary to give Green a spot as the seventh big.
    I want him to get a camp invite at the very least. The problem with Ayers is that he's had his shot in the NBA multiple times and has been awful; even in SL he's been bad. Green may not prove to be an upgrade, but his selfishness can be attributed to trying to make a name for himself. Either way, if Baynes is brought back neither should be on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to cut their losses, tbh... based on this game, it's clear KA isn't a clutch player and likely will never be. Cleveland has been shopping Wiggins on the Love sweepstakes, maybe we can interest them to trade Wiggins to us instead. A package like KA/Cojo/Bonner/two 2nd round picks might just do it (if you don't want to part with Bonner, maybe they'll take Baynes?). I don't know how the whole salary thing works, but I don't care, where there's a will there's a way.
    Same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care how much Wiggins makes, we're the champs, now it's time to put the money on the table. Plus the Cavs now have Lebron, Wiggins is basically redundant. On draft night Bill Simmons was saying all this good stuff about him, he gotta be really good.
    He's black, 6-7 and can jump out of the gym. He's exactly what this team needs.

Right your mistake, RC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to cut their losses, tbh... based on this game, it's clear KA isn't a clutch player and likely will never be. Cleveland has been shopping Wiggins on the Love sweepstakes, maybe we can interest them to trade Wiggins to us instead. A package like KA/Cojo/Bonner/two 2nd round picks might just do it (if you don't want to part with Bonner, maybe they'll take Baynes?). I don't know how the whole salary thing works, but I don't care, where there's a will there's a way.
    I know you aren't even half serious but, if the Cavs let this trade proposal go through, David Griffin would catch a stray bullet in the head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn it the spurs had that game, entertaining btw

porter jr and rice jr went off

spurs 2nd round exit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you aren't even half serious but, if the Cavs let this trade proposal go through, David Griffin would catch a stray bullet in the head.
    Any relation with Blake Griffin? Is he available? We have the executive of the year, we can pretty much pull off any trade we want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    srsly, after that glorious playoff run, watching some of these summer league games were an eyesore...
    so true, I told my brother it was like watching high school basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1 LOL!

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am kind of liking that Bryce Cotton. I think he should get a camp invite.

Kyle Anderson needs to figure out when to shoot. He seems to have the same problem Boris has. Sometimes he can be too patient for his own good and misses either an open shot, or a pass to a bucket. Anderson also struggles defending SG and SF out by the arc. If they are in midrange, he is passable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wizards had the two best players on the court in Rice & Porter. Daye was the closest thing we had to that and it wasn't very close. Anderson needs to be surrounded by very good players. He isn't the type of player that can create for himself or take over a game. I like Cotton a lot, great handle, great shot and huge vertical for his size. I would have liked to see the ball in his hands at the end. Only time he seemed to play free was on the break and usually something good happened.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did Anderson look

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did Anderson look
    Looks as advertised, slow but smart. If he has space he is great but can't create his own space. Need to see him play with the real Spurs. If he is the 4th or 5th option he should be good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I don't see anyone on the summer league team that comes close to a starter for us or even for a bad team..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did Anderson look
    I think he got away with being so slow in college because of his size. He's not going to cut it in the NBA - just my opinion. Ridiculously slow foot speed, poor defender, flawed shooting mechanics, smart player with good court awareness, good passer. Bad haircut and large head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You trolling? Anderson made 2 clutch steals, a clutch basket, & he set up Ayres perfectly, its not his fault Errors couldn't finish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone has watched how has Cotton versus Denmon looked. Do we have anything here while Mills has been out. Has Ejim looked at all intriguing?

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...we got beat. With two 25+ year-olds in the roster. Wouldn't have been a problem but those two guys had 10 or so years of NBA experience between them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...we got beat. With two 25+ year-olds in the roster. Wouldn't have been a problem but those two guys had 10 or so years of NBA experience between them.
    There is obviously a reason they are still playing in the Summer League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is obviously a reason they are still playing in the Summer League.
    Penderayers and Daye being down there does nothing. Their are more talented undrafted free agents than Jeff Ayres.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This meltdown after a meaningless SL game proves that ST posters are the most unsophisticated basketball fans in the NBA. For a fan base that has witnessed 5 championships and perennial le contention by the Spurs, it's fascinating to see the utter stupidity. You would think they would at least have an average comprehension of the way the game is played.

example: the final play was not "drawn up" specifically for Ayers. That's an inbound play the Spurs have run for years and there are dozens of options. It all depends on what the defense is doing. Ayers' defender over played the inbound pass and was out of position so ayers did the right thing to dive down to the basket. That's a basketball play you're taught as a basic fundamental play. An extra pass by ayers would've resulted in an open shot. He had an open lane briefly but scott's help defense was superb and he got the block. Give him credit.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who I thought looked good...
    1Daye
    2Cotton
    3Thomas
    4Blue
    5Green/Anderson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was the real final game to me, two best team of summer league that which team win get easy road to the le...
    i'm pissed about this loss, why Udoka why!!

Thread Information