Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The terrorists are the bas s in office!!!!! communism!!!! cultural Marxism!!!!! We WAR NOW!!!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Quick comrades, distribute the ing rope!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Ronald Reagan passed immigration reform, and you love Ronald Reagan,' he vented at the GOP. 'Let’s go ahead and do it."

This is the logic he uses? My 13 year old does better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As immigration from Mexico has been falling, migration from other countries has continued to rise. In the past five years, the number of new immigrants (those in the country less than a year) from China has risen 37 percent, to more than 70,000. Immigration from India and other Asian countries is also increasing, though at a more modest rate.

As a result, Asia has surpassed Latin America as the dominant source of new immigrants to the U.S. Asia accounted for 45 percent of all new immigrants in 2012, compared to 34 percent for Latin America. Mexico is still the largest single country of origin for new immigrants, but its lead is shrinking fast: Mexico accounts for 14 percent of all new immigrants, down from 45 percent in 2000. India, meanwhile, now accounts for 12 percent, and China for 10 percent.3
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...ration-debate/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    "Ronald Reagan passed immigration reform, and you love Ronald Reagan,' he vented at the GOP. 'Let’s go ahead and do it."

This is the logic he uses? My 13 year old does better.

Well, those of us on the right at least admit and learn from past mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, those of us on the right at least admit and learn from past mistakes.
    Not you.

Mistakes are constant and water off a ducks back.
    Have you no shame?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a single shot fired during the Bundy standoff.
    Nah, but a few of your environmentally produced gun enthusiasts went and shot cops later on.
    Not boyz from the hood friend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) argued on Sunday that his plan to deploy the National Guard, and to deport thousands of refugee children back to their countries as quickly as possible was “the most humanitarian thing we can do.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/13/rick-perry-deporting-refugee-kids-as-quickly-as-possible-is-the-most-humanitarian-thing/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

RickyBobby "logic"

Thanks, all y'all redneck, bubba, -kicker, good ol' boys, Christian Texans!

ain't no s gonna "Mess With Texas"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Human Blowback from US Interventions

The flight of Central American children north to the U.S. border is another form of blowback from decades of U.S. refusal to permit reformist governments in the region, including the State Department’s support for a 2009 coup ousting Honduran President Zelaya, writes William Blum at Anti-Empire Report.

By William Blum

The number of children attempting to cross the Mexican border into the United States has risen dramatically in the last five years: In fiscal year 2009 (Oct. 1, 2009 – Sept. 30, 2010) about 6,000 unaccompanied minors were detained near the border. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security estimates for the fiscal year 2014 the detention of as many as 74,000 unaccompanied minors.

Approximately 28 percent of the children detained this year are from Honduras, 24 percent from Guatemala, and 21 percent from El Salvador. The particularly severe increases in Honduran migration are a direct result of the June 28, 2009 military coup that overthrew the democratically-elected president, Manuel Zelaya, after he did things like raising the minimum wage, giving subsidies to small farmers, and ins uting free education.

The coup – like so many others in Latin America – was led by a graduate of Washington’s infamous School of the Americas.

As per the standard Western Hemisphere script, the Honduran coup was followed by the abusive policies of the new regime, loyally supported by the United States. The State Department was virtually alone in the Western Hemisphere in not unequivocally condemning the Honduran coup.

Indeed, the Obama administration has refused to call it a coup, which, under American law, would tie Washington’s hands as to the amount of support it could give the coup government. This denial of reality still persists even though a U.S. embassy cable released by Wikileaks in 2010 declared: “There is no doubt that the military, Supreme Court and National Congress conspired on June 28 [2009] in what cons uted an illegal and uncons utional coup against the Executive Branch.”

Washington’s support of the far-right Honduran government has been unwavering ever since.

The questions concerning immigration into the United States from south of the border go on year after year, with the same issues argued back and forth: What’s the best way to block the flow into the country? How shall we punish those caught here illegally? Should we separate families, which happens when parents are deported but their American-born children remain?

Should the police and various other ins utions have the right to ask for proof of legal residence from anyone they suspect of being here illegally? Should we punish employers who hire illegal immigrants? Should we grant amnesty to at least some of the immigrants already here for years? … on and on, round and round it goes, decade after decade.

Those in the U.S. generally opposed to immigration make it a point to declare that the United States does not have any moral obligation to take in these Latino immigrants. But the counter-argument to this last point is almost never mentioned: Yes,

the United States does indeed have a moral obligation because so many of the immigrants are escaping a situation in their homeland made hopeless by American intervention and policy.

In addition to Honduras, Washington overthrew progressive governments which were sincerely committed to fighting poverty in Guatemala and Nicaragua; while in El Salvador the U.S. played a major role in suppressing a movement striving to install such a government.

And in Mexico, though Washington has not intervened militarily since 1919, over the years the U.S. has been providing training, arms and surveillance technology to Mexico’s police and armed forces to better their ability to suppress their own people’s aspirations, as in Chiapas, and this has added to the influx of the oppressed to the United States, irony notwithstanding.

Moreover, Washington’s North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), has brought a flood of cheap, subsidized U.S. agricultural products into Mexico, ravaging campesino communities and driving many Mexican farmers off the land when they couldn’t compete with the giant from the north. The subsequent Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) has brought the same joys to the people of that area.

These “free trade” agreements – as they do all over the world – also result in government enterprises being privatized, the regulation of corporations being reduced, and cuts to the social budget. Add to this the displacement of communities by foreign mining projects and the drastic U.S.-led militarization of the War on Drugs with accompanying violence and you have the perfect storm of suffering followed by the attempt to escape from suffering.

It’s not that all these people prefer to live in the United States. They’d much rather remain with their families and friends, be able to speak their native language at all times, and avoid the hardships imposed on them by American police and other right-wingers.

http://consortiumnews.com/2014/07/13...interventions/

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-13-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Borderline Behavior: GOP Demands Action, Blocks Solutions, and Always Complains

Listening to Republicans in Washington (and Texas and Arizona) scream about the "crisis" of migrant children arriving from Central America on our southern border, it is puzzling to realize

they don't actually want to do anything to solve the problem.

Nor do these hysterical politicians -- led by that down-home diva Rick Perry, the governor of Texas -- want to let President Barack Obama do anything, either.

When they aren't bleating about Obama, they're concocting weird theories about his secret plans to destroy America. Only last week, Perry coyly hinted -- although he said he didn't want to be "conspiratorial" -- that the White House must be "in on" the border crossings, because migrant kids couldn't have showed up en masse without "a highly coordinated effort." Later, he tried to persuade CNN's Kate Bolduan that he didn't really mean what his idiotic words said -- an explanation everyone has heard from him before.

While Perry has taken the lead, he isn't the only elected official whose mouth spews absurdities on this subject. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., offered a policy approach that would please any simpleton, when he explained why the president's request for $3.7 billion in emergency funding looks far too big to him. "I've gone online and have taken a look on Orbitz and taken a look at what does it cost to fly people to El Salvador and Guatemala and Honduras. You have fares as low as $207. There's nonstop flights at $450. You take those numbers and it costs somewhere between $11 million and $30 million to return people in a very humane fashion," he opined.

Evidently nobody informed the Wisconsin senator about the myriad other costs involved in rounding up and caring for these terrified children, who are en led to a court hearing and other consideration under an anti-trafficking law signed by former President George W. Bush. Anyone who wants to expedite their removal -- a disturbingly inhumane and unnecessary policy -- must first provide more courts, judges and lawyers. And anyone who wants a decent policy, which includes action against the drug warlords who are threatening and killing these innocents, must be prepared to spend more than the cost of an Orbitz ticket.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/borderline-behavior-gop-demands-action-blocks-solutions-and-always-complains?akid=12016.187590.6XtaM2&rd=1&src=newsle tter1011288&t=21

RickyBobby

all y'all redneck TX assholes who re-elected him, and uber asshole Cruz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    solving the problem would deprive the GOP of a brickbat to throw at the president. and we couldn't have that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the plot to swell Democrat voter rolls and drive down wages for the white man gets even more Byzantine:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/u-s-beg...gram-1.2707077

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poll: Obama, Republicans face broad disapproval over handling of child refugee crisis

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds widespread public disapproval of the way President Obama and Republicans in Congress are handling the influx of unaccompanied foreign children at the southern border as the two sides engage in a fierce debate over how to stem the crisis.

Nearly 6 out of 10 Americans are not happy with Obama’s performance in dealing with the tens of thousands of minors who have arrived from Central America in recent months, overwhelming Border Patrol stations. All told, 58 percent disapprove of his management on the issue, including 54 percent of Latinos.

But as with many other hot-button issues, congressional Republicans fare even worse in the court of public opinion, with 66 percent disapproving of the job GOP lawmakers have done to address the crisis. Almost as many Republicans disapprove of their party’s handling of the issue as approve, with negative ratings rising to a majority among conservatives.

Despite Obama’s deeply negative ratings on addressing the problem, a narrow 53 percent supports his request last week for $3.7 billion in emergency funding to help provide services for the children and to speed up deportations. The proposal, which was described in detail by the survey, was opposed by 43 percent, although just as many oppose the idea “strongly” as passionately support it.

read: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...fc2_story.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    American serfs think the President is a divine-right, all powerful King Daddy, not "checked and balanced" by the Cons ution.

House Repugs, they control spending, have done NOTHING about the VA, done NOTHING about the border humanitarian crisis.

Obama's $3.7B "opposed by 43 percent,"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas photographer captures faithful dog's last day

SAN ANTONIO -- It's always tough having to say goodbye to a loved one, but a Texas photographer's split-second decision to chronicle the last day of her friend's dog broke down the Internet, literally, with condolences from thousands.

Within days after posting the story about a black Labrador named Duke on her website, Houston photographer Robin Arouty, had more than 100,000 visits, the story was shared thousands of times from both her blog and her Facebook page. Even her website had malfunctions because of the high traffic.

Last week the Roberts family had to say farewell to Duke, their loyal black Labrador who was diagnosed with bone cancer a few years back had to be euthanized by her owner, Jordan Roberts, a close friend of Roberts.

http://m.sfgate.com/news/local/artic...ay-5620564.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas photographer captures faithful dog's last day

SAN ANTONIO -- It's always tough having to say goodbye to a loved one, but a Texas photographer's split-second decision to chronicle the last day of her friend's dog broke down the Internet, literally, with condolences from thousands.

Within days after posting the story about a black Labrador named Duke on her website, Houston photographer Robin Arouty, had more than 100,000 visits, the story was shared thousands of times from both her blog and her Facebook page. Even her website had malfunctions because of the high traffic.

Last week the Roberts family had to say farewell to Duke, their loyal black Labrador who was diagnosed with bone cancer a few years back had to be euthanized by her owner, Jordan Roberts, a close friend of Roberts.

http://m.sfgate.com/news/local/artic...ay-5620564.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chief turd says House Repugs fatally constipated, but still on Obama and immigrant children

Boehner uncertain Congress can act on border crisis this month

U.S. House Speaker John Boehner on Thursday expressed doubts Congress would agree by the end of this month on an emergency response to the crisis involving an influx of thousands of child migrants at the U.S. southern border.

President Barack Obama, a Democrat, has requested $3.7 billion in emergency funds to bolster border security and speed up deportations.

But the Republican speaker said Democratic lawmakers' resistance to changing a 2008 law that combats human trafficking was making Obama's funding request "much more difficult to deal with" and darkened the outlook for bipartisan agreement before the start of a five-week recess on Aug. 1.

While Boehner placed the blame on Democrats, it was not yet clear whether enough of his own Republicans would be willing to vote for the extra money.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FM26V20140718

so, no help for kids in July or August, and probably nothing September.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Corporate Media and Corporate Latino Politicians Won't Tell You About Central American Child Refugees

What neither corporate media nor US Latino politicians will point out is that none of the current wave of refugees are coming from Nicaragua, although it has a similar history to Guatemala, Hondruas and El Salvador, and its just as poor. Why? According to NicaNet.Org, a project of the Nicaragua Solidary Committee.

...Nicaragua’s homicide rate dropped to 8.7 per 100,000 inhabitants. Honduras, with 92 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants, has the highest murder rate in the world. El Salvador has 69, Guatemala 39, Panama 14.9 and Costa Rica 10.3 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants...

The problem of the children migrants is blowback from US policy in the 1980s when our government trained and funded Salvadoran and Guatemalan military and police to prevent popular revolutions and more recently when the US supported the coup against President Manuel Zelaya in Honduras. Those countries were left with brutal, corrupt armies and police forces whereas Nicaragua, with its successful 1979 revolution, got rid of Somoza's brutal National Guard and formed a new army and a new police made up of upstanding citizens.

Who consumes all those drugs that are causing all that violence and corruption in Latin America? Who has militarized the Drug War and is funding and training repressive militaries and police in the countries from which the children are fleeing? In both cases it is the United States.”

The ferocious Central American gangs we hear so much about are integral to the US-oriented drug traffic. Nicaragua isn't part of the US-oriented drug trade because it threw off US rule with a revolution in 1979.

In the Reagan era the US fought a bloody contra war to overthrow the Nicaraguan government and bring the country under control of its puppets, but despite tens of thousands dead, the Nicaraguan people prevailed. Having done so, they can implement real community policing, reduce crime and provide real security to their people in ways neighboring countries can only dream of. Nicaragua's homicide rate is a third that of Mexico, and its socialist government is free to provide low-cost health care, education, food security, democracy and hope to its people. Hence Nicaraguans are not interested in smuggling themselves north. You'd think Latino politicians would be eager to acquaint a larger US public with these facts, backed up as they are by irrefutable UN statistics.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/ite...child-refugees

Thanks, St Ronnie!

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your bigotry against Christians is showing...
    Robert Jeffries is an embarrassment to Christianity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Gov. Rick Perry plans to announce he will activate the Texas National Guard at a news conference Monday in Austin, said state Sen. Juan “Chuy” Hinojosa, D-McAllen.

Hinojosa did not have details of the effort, but an internal memo from another state official’s office said the governor planned to call about 1,000 Texas National Guard troops to the Rio Grande Valley — at a cost of about $12 million per month.
    The memo was provided to The Monitor on the condition of anonymity because the information is not yet public.
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/rick-...mexico-border/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheriffs Question Perry Move To Send National Guard Troops To Border

The governor’s office confirmed this morning that Rick Perry will order 1,000 National Guard troops to the Texas border to beef up patrols in South Texas.

But sheriffs along the border said they have not been consulted and question the wisdom of sending military personnel who are not authorized to stop, question, or arrest anyone.

“At this time, a lot of people do things for political reasons. I don’t know that it helps,” said Cameron County Sheriff Omar Lucio.

Lucio said deputies, police, and the U.S. Border Patrol work well together and that they have been able to handle the small uptick in crime along the border.

“I don’t know what good they can do,” Lucio said of military personnel. “I need people who I can hire who know the community, the language, and who can help.”

Hidalgo County Sheriff Eddie Guerra also told the McAllen Monitor that the Guard troops can’t make arrests and he didn’t know what their objective would be.

“The National Guard —
    they’re trained in warfare; they’re not trained in law enforcement,” he said. “I need to find out what their actual role is going to be, but I think the money would be better spent giving local law enforcement more funds.”

Perry has appeared on news shows and at political events around the country saying that if Washington wasn’t prepared to secure the border, he would act unilaterally.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/sheriffs...troops-border/

Repugs like the Old Confederate Lesbian accuse Obama of "leading from behind".

RickyBobby is "leading from his behind" which is where his -for-brains head reside

militarization of the border
    by Homeland (job) Security and 25 miles inland is a fait accompli

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-21-2014 at 09:10 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The National Guard — they’re trained in warfare; they’re not trained in law enforcement"
    that's what it is, a war. this is an illegal invasion..shoot the s.

don’t know what good they can do,” Lucio said of military personnel. “I need people who I can hire who know the community, the language, and who can help.”

the language is english, and what good they can do is blast their communist asses

I think the money would be better spent giving local law enforcement more funds.”
    why, so they could spend millions arresting them, feeding and housing them for a few days, then just letting them go? you sicko progressive s will have to remind me again how that is actually doing anything or enforcing jack

the only solution is to split the country among political ideologies as the gap is too large to bridge

let's be honest here. i hate you, and your kind hate me. let's just agree to go our separate ways and live our lives each the way we see fit without any bloodshed.

Thread Information