Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120
Results 2,976 to 2,994 of 2994
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played for the Charlotte/ NO Hornets for 8 years.

The word is that he isn't completely healed/healthy, and will miss a couple of months this season. He's 31, and his best basketball is behind him, and on his worst playing day, he's better than Baynes or Ayres will ever be. As a cheap, late season pickup, he'd be a steal if Baynes decides to not play here next year.
    That could be why the Spurs are saving up the MLE for all we know. Given how they like to preserve minutes, they probably don't want to have two guys (him and Patty) on the shelf to start the season - injuries are inevitable and the last thing Pop wants is to be down to 10-11 healthy guys and have to play the Big 3 even more minutes.

When he does get healthy, Spurs would have a serious leg up on other teams signing him by preserving the MLE.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blatche has talent, but almost no BBIQ. I can't even see the Spurs signing him, let alone giving him a role other than bench player.
    Doesn't that also describe Ayers, but with less talent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't that also describe Ayers, but with less talent?
    I wouldn't say Ayres has no BBIQ, he lacks coordination more than anything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say Ayres has no BBIQ, he lacks coordination more than anything else.
    He's actually co-ordinated. He just has bad hands. I'm also not sure he's in any plans past this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That could be why the Spurs are saving up the MLE for all we know. Given how they like to preserve minutes, they probably don't want to have two guys (him and Patty) on the shelf to start the season - injuries are inevitable and the last thing Pop wants is to be down to 10-11 healthy guys and have to play the Big 3 even more minutes.

When he does get healthy, Spurs would have a serious leg up on other teams signing him by preserving the MLE.
    Maybe the Spurs have missed out on some of those mid-season released/bought out players because other teams have had more money. They also could possibly not really be interested in the rest of the players that are left for the MLE, so maybe they are going to pocket it and use it if it anyone they like is bought out. Maybe this time they want the advantage of having more money to spend than other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could even use the MLE on an international player whose season ends before the March cutoff. Someone like Baynes, but better and able to command a larger contract. I don't know of any candidates, but I'm sure there are some. Players come to the NBA from overseas on MLE-like deals every season. If the Spurs can get one a few months early (and keep their MLE for next season), it sounds like a no-brainer.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could even use the MLE on an international player whose season ends before the March cutoff. Someone like Baynes, but better and able to command a larger contract. I don't know of any candidates, but I'm sure there are some. Players come to the NBA from overseas on MLE-like deals every season. If the Spurs can get one a few months early (and keep their MLE for next season), it sounds like a no-brainer.
    Like Teletovic?

About Blatche, he seems like the player many on ST wanted Blair to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Teletovic?

About Blatche, he seems like the player many on ST wanted Blair to be.
    But taller. Blatche can score from anywhere, and he is actually a really good passer, despite the reputation of being a black hole.

Teletovic is one of the players I was thinking about. The Rockets and Pacers also brought some over this season. It's also possible that the Spurs could end up trading for the rights to some international player, like they did with Lorbek, and then use the MLE to get them early. The Bulls and Nets gave mid-level deals to a couple of their overseas players this off-season as well.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ding ding ding!

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they do get someone else, I hope it happens before training camp so that that player gets a chance to play during the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    Yahoo Sports: Minnesota set to acquire Philadelphia's Thaddeus Young. yhoo.it/1ohyVBa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No that doesn't exist to my knowledge...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN
    Cavs, Wolves, 76ers have completed Kevin Love trade officially. As part of deal Wolves will receive 6.3M trade exception.

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN
    In summary: Kevin Love to Cavs, Wiggins, Bennett, Young to Wolves; Barea, Shved, Heat 2015 1st to Philly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    J.J Barea rumored to be brought out if he can't be moved by Minnesota

http://live.startribune.com/Event/Ti..._Monday?Page=1

if Baynes doesn't occupy the 15 roster spot.

he would be a nice guard for depth at PG

Indubitable Super Saiyan Cloud786's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ew.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs