Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Looks like Riley is interested in Luol Deng. That would suck if they were able to get a decent quality backup like that for Lebron.

I'd really like the Spurs to get a decent backup for Kawhi. RC said that there was a hole there last off season and nothing's changed IMO, they still don't have a true SF backup for Kawhi.

What do you guys think in regards to a proper SF backup for Kawhi? Do the Spurs really need one or not?
    LeBron is going to play

40 minutes deng is going to want more minutes

deng was older he would go there

vince carter is their best hope
    but if mavs get lucky withg splash he may stay with mavs
    Last edited by ducks; 07-01-2014 at 12:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be a very nice 4th big imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Paul Pierce likely ends up in LAC. They covet him and he loves playing for Doc Rivers and knows it gives him a chance to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see the Telfair interest with the possibility of Cory Joseph being traded to a team desperate for a point guard or back up, or the risk of losing Mills.

Lewis also with Matt Bonner possibly retiring.

Not the best choices though, and could see smoke screens but I can see the logic in these two players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That ends James signin in Cleveland!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Paul Pierce likely ends up in LAC. They covet him and he loves playing for Doc Rivers and knows it gives him a chance to win.
    and he is from California

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron was never going to Cleveland anyways. Like he'd go back to that dump, especially after how Dan Gilbert handled him leaving.. It was always Miami and a couple longshot teams like LAC and the Rockets. He's staying in Miami, along with the other Big 3, and they'll sign a middle-tier FA to come in and then have to sign a bunch of minimum vets and fillers for the rest of the roster. Adding Shabazz at PG was big too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and he is from California
    Yep. Right up the road from me in Inglewood. Makes too much sense for him. The Nets are going nowhere in a hurry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Looks like Riley is interested in Luol Deng. That would suck if they were able to get a decent quality backup like that for Lebron.

I'd really like the Spurs to get a decent backup for Kawhi. RC said that there was a hole there last off season and nothing's changed IMO, they still don't have a true SF backup for Kawhi.

What do you guys think in regards to a proper SF backup for Kawhi? Do the Spurs really need one or not?
    Trevor Ariza would counter that move in the best way not enough money to land him most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big three will be a year older and OKC won 2 games playing 2.5 on 5. No guarantee of HCA next year.

We played great in the POs this year but if I were PATFO I wouldn't exactly feel comfortable going into the West with the same team next year, especially with LBJ/Melo and others still up in the air.
    I have no fear of any team in the East being a challenge for the Spurs. As constructed, Spurs should be the favorites to repeat. In the West, I don't see anyone being able to significantly improve. OKC won a couple of games against the Spurs but that boogeyman of a team is dead. Spurs overcame that challenge and Durant will have Leonard to look forward to from here on out.

** On another note - The Kyle Lowry love is silly and astonishing. What are teams thinking? I don't think he's leaving Toronto anyways. They are prepared to give him the keys to the bank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pierce is pretty much good for 20 minutes a night. It would be a nice veteran pickup for Clips but he's too old to be considered a huge FA gain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaun Livingston would be a nice pick up for the Spurs. He can give you minutes at the 2 & 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the big winners of Free Agency will be Chandler Parsons. Houston messed up with that. If they want to keep him, they are going to pay big time. Another team will overpay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson, Livingston, Diaw.... Point Forwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaun Livingston would be awesome. Showed this past season he still has it and has gotten some hops back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the big winners of Free Agency will be Chandler Parsons. Houston messed up with that. If they want to keep him, they are going to pay big time. Another team will overpay.
    How did they mess up? Could they have signed him to an extension earlier and not let it get to this point?

Edit : Also, I never really watched any Brooklyn games this past season. Did Livingston really play that well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Livingston would be a great pickup tbh. Had a great year and could play the 3 for us. His point-forward capabilities would fit right in. I think he'd prefer to go to a younger team that could pay him more and offer more PT though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Livingston would be a great pickup tbh. Had a great year and could play the 3 for us.
    How tall is he and what does he weigh these days? I thought that he was rail thin? Does he have the strength to play the 3? I'm very interested if he's got his game back. A point SF would be good.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland is pursuing Diaw...

MF's wanna make us overpay another player (Splitter) . I say they're gonna bluff and throw a big contract so PATFO can match

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How tall is he and what does he weigh these days? I thought that he was rail thin? Does he have the strength to play the 3? I'm very interested if he's got his game back. A point SF would be good.
    Still thin at 6'7 and around 180 lbs. But he's a solid defender and maximizes his length. His best asset is his ability to create and distribute on offense though and was a spark-plug off the bench for Brooklyn this season, averaging 8 pts and being the main catalyst of the offense. Played well in the playoffs against Miami too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland is pursuing Diaw...

MF's wanna make us overpay another player (Splitter) . I say they're gonna bluff and throw a big contract so PATFO can match
    Blazers are courting Greg Monroe as well, and have said to be the fronrunners. Doesn't make sense for Diaw to sign there if that's the case. Could be a bluff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Livingston sounds good to me!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did they mess up? Could they have signed him to an extension earlier and not let it get to this point?

Edit : Also, I never really watched any Brooklyn games this past season. Did Livingston really play that well?
    Yes to both questions. Livingston is versatile and lanky and can cause issues when playing D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes to both questions. Livingston is versatile and lanky and can cause issues when playing D.
    Parsons was not eligible for an extension. Houston did not mess up. They made a decision that will cost more in the short term, but results in the greatest probability of keeping him for the long term

Thread Information