Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    In your OP both men had instant access to deadly force, and nothing happened. And your thread le is a lie, only one man acted stupid. You act as if open carry is some new idea, it's been around a long while yet not many people choose to exercise the right, so no, everybody will not start wearing guns, and those that choose to do so aren't shooting everyone up as you seem to imply.

And lol @ your mass shooting scenario.

My mothers second boyfriend after my parents divorced always open carried. I never thought anything about it. It was normal.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My mothers second boyfriend after my parents divorced always open carried. I never thought anything about it. It was normal.
    Firearms when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol You wanted an answer to that ridiculous question? Ok, let's say up to the number of children killed by abortion each year but I may reconsider if the number of child firearm deaths ever exceeds 10% of the number of abortions.
    Number of children killed by abortions each year is zero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/16/us...term.html?_r=0

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I noticed you dodged the question too.

Hundreds of children die each year from accidental shootings or suicide, on the order of 500+ per year, beyond those killed in homicides.

How many children are you willing to let die to keep any restrictions on gun ownership from being enacted into law?

It is a very serious question that should be answered by anyone who would argue against laws on 2nd amendment basis, and even for those who propose that we even keep the 2nd amendment.

I think the 2nd amendment should be repealed in its entirety. Let the states decide for themselves how to regulate these dangerous tools, like they regulate vehicles.
    Speaking of dodging questions.....

What restrictions on gun ownership that have not been enacted into law would have saved the children I am willing to let die?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What restrictions on gun ownership that have not been enacted into law would have saved the children I am willing to let die?
    Banning sale or transfer of guns to persons that will use them to shoot children

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

severe b/g checks

all private sales registered

all gun owners required to carry liability insurance

all gun owners register all guns and pay annual le fee every year.

all open/concealed carry assholes required to carry both current le registration and current insurance card.

spouse beaters and DWI offenders required to give up their guns.

any crimes committed with stolen guns cause the gun owner to be charged as accomplice and denied right to own guns

any death/injuries to innocent parties cause gun owner to be charged with manslaughter, and loss of all guns.

any gun carrier (short or long guns) without le and insurance card has his gun(s) confiscated for 6 months and charged/fined with misdemeanor.

all clips limited to 5 rounds. Any larger clips are punishable with confiscation and fine.

national gun registry showing owner and le history for each gun, immediately accessible to law enforcement nationwide.

... I'm sure I could come up with more.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    severe b/g checks

all private sales registered

all gun owners required to carry liability insurance

all gun owners register all guns and pay annual le fee every year.

all open/concealed carry assholes required to carry both current le registration and current insurance card.

spouse beaters and DWI offenders required to give up their guns.

any crimes committed with stolen guns cause the gun owner to be charged as accomplice and denied right to own guns

any death/injuries to innocent parties cause gun owner to be charged with manslaughter, and loss of all guns.

any gun carrier (short or long guns) without le and insurance card has his gun(s) confiscated for 6 months and charged/fined with misdemeanor.

all clips limited to 5 rounds. Any larger clips are punishable with confiscation and fine.

national gun registry showing owner and le history for each gun, immediately accessible to law enforcement nationwide.

... I'm sure I could come up with more.

None of that will save the children.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd consider an unborn infant more of a child than the teenage gangbangers you're so distraught over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of that will save the children.
    sure it will.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Please explain point by point how it would save the children.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd consider an unborn infant more of a child than the teenage gangbangers you're so distraught over.
    Is a zygote an infant?

Since we are assigning categories and all...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is a zygote an infant?

Since we are assigning categories and all...
    lol Abortions aren't being done to get rid of zygotes or "eggs" as you said earlier but nice try. Might want to freshen up on your biology before trying to start a when life begins argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Abortions aren't being done to get rid of zygotes or "eggs" as you said earlier but nice try. Might want to freshen up on your biology before trying to start a when life begins argument.
    Of course they are not.

Do you consider them human? One can't get into abortion arguments about children and infants when you refer to life as such. So I really want you to define when a human life begins?

And then tell us how many children you have adopted... Who were going to be aborted. You wandered flippantly into deep water so give it up. Let the board know Mr. Biology.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course they are not.

Do you consider them human? One can't get into abortion arguments about children and infants when you refer to life as such. So I really want you to define when a human life begins?

And then tell us how many children you have adopted... Who were going to be aborted. You wandered flippantly into deep water so give it up. Let the board know Mr. Biology.
    I didn't wander flippantly into anything. RG wanted a specific number of "child" deaths that would make me reconsider gun rights. I gave him 10% of the # of abortions that occur, that's roughly the number of late term abortions. So let's see how you answer...

Are these children...

Are these children...

Now we already know RG couldn't care less about the first two but is so distraught that some "children" like in the last pic might get shot that he's willing to give up his cons utional rights. What say you pgardn?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Throws that one out there and leaves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't wander flippantly into anything. RG wanted a specific number of "child" deaths that would make me reconsider gun rights. I gave him 10% of the # of abortions that occur, that's roughly the number of late term abortions. So let's see how you answer...

Are these children...

Are these children...

Now we already know RG couldn't care less about the first two but is so distraught that some "children" like in the last pic might get shot that he's willing to give up his cons utional rights. What say you pgardn?
    I understand his post and your reply.

You stated I needed to brush up on biology. So it's time for a lesson. I wanted to keep a more exacting # since abortion entered the conversation. You want Biology, I'll give you Biology.
    What is an abortion for starters, if you please?

This may take a while, but you issued the challenge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand his post and your reply.

You stated I needed to brush up on biology. So it's time for a lesson. I wanted to keep a more exacting # since abortion entered the conversation. You want Biology, I'll give you Biology.
    What is an abortion for starters, if you please?

This may take a while, but you issued the challenge.
    It's when a doctor removes an egg or sometimes a zygote lol.

I issued no challenge, I just answered RG's question. Your the fool who started talking nonsense about eggs and zygotes being aborted...but by all means teach us a lesson oh great one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thread le should be changed to "one guy with gun being stupid." sounds like the second guy was totally calm and did nothing wrong at all. walked into the store, made his purchase, and called the police when somebody with a weapon was acting beyond himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I issued no challenge, I just answered RG's question. Your the fool who started talking nonsense about eggs and zygotes being aborted...but by all means teach us a lesson oh great one.
    nobody aborts a zygote or just an egg. take a biology class please

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why aren't pro-lifers going after fertility clinics that dump 1000s of fertilized eggs, aka life-had-begun human beings?

That's murder, too, right?

Egg out of the vagina? Horse out of the barn? no ty woman having "recreational" sex?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I issued no challenge.
    Holy ...

No actually you said I needed a biology lesson. Implying I don't know what I am talking about. That's a challenge to ones knowledge on a subject.

Based on your response it's clear who needs a biology lesson.

And if your response was not sincere I ask you again to define an abortion, your own words...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why aren't pro-lifers going after fertility clinics that dump 1000s of fertilized eggs, aka life-had-begun human beings?

That's murder, too, right?

Egg out of the vagina? Horse out of the barn? no ty woman having "recreational" sex?
    This is exactly were I was headed. I need a definition of a human being from the anti abortion group. Because there is a whole lot of slaughter going on depending on that definition. I have not a clue as to when a human life actually begins. It's a very difficult question. Let Snake Boy enlighten us.

Thread Information