This high school kid just ran a 10.00 to break Jeff Demps HS record of 10.01. As we all know Demps was a running back at Florida and now the Buc's. Friday is also a footballer and will be headed to FSU.

While both Florida and FSU are known for having great team speed, they really haven't had the speed you'd think they'd have at the skilled positions. Only Demps being a nationally acclaimed sprinter, no Deion wasn't all that as a sprinter while at FSU, not that he couldn't have been. Deion was a 10.26 guy, Herschel ran a 10.23 while at Georgia at 225 pounds.

The speed the big guys possess the big difference from the SEC and everyone else. FSU belongs in the SEC.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Can't argue with that kind of speed. I remember Roy Williams running a 10.03 100 in high school.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    justin stockton from steele ran a 4.3 forty and will certainly bring speed to tech. he'll probably be redshirted though so you'll have to wait a year to see him on the field in all likelihood.

Can't argue with that kind of speed. I remember Roy Williams running a 10.03 100 in high school.
    Roy Williams never ran a 10.03 in HS. Your best high school sprinter was Olympian Johnny Jones as far as footballers go.

Roy ran a 10.30 while at Texas, that was his PR. A 10.30 is a "good" NCAA time.

Track and field[edit]

Williams was also a track star at the University of Texas, where he recorded a personal best of 10.30 seconds in the 100 meters.
    Williams also specialized in high jump and long jump.
    Last edited by Avante; 07-17-2014 at 03:45 AM.

justin stockton from steele ran a 4.3 forty and will certainly bring speed to tech. he'll probably be redshirted though so you'll have to wait a year to see him on the field in all likelihood.
    Can't think of anyone from Tech with real elite/world class type jets. Not even just track sprinters.

Thread Information