Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Believe.
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm kind of pessimistic but we've been waiting for these fights for so long (Jon vs Gus then Cormier), that I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

First time watching the full fight, really impressive from DC

First time watching the full fight, really impressive from DC

I'm a huge fan of Hendo, and DC just completely dominated him the entire time. Who here thought they'd ever seen Dan slammed like that? I know he's old, but he's still Dan Henderson...

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm a huge fan of Hendo, and DC just completely dominated him the entire time. Who here thought they'd ever seen Dan slammed like that? I know he's old, but he's still Dan Henderson...
    Hendo isn't a natural light heavyweight. He doesn't have the quickness he used to have to overcome his opponents strength advantage. DC is a pure wrestler with great strength and technique.

Nothing too impressive from DC in this fight. You should check out DC vs Josh Barnett.

Can't wait for the "Bad Blood" countdown special for this card.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Cormier
    Jury
    Burkman
    Castillo
    Jordan

Post Count

Post Count
    Cormier
    Jury
    Burkman
    Castillo
    Jordan

Post Count
    Watched Bad Blood on FS 1 it was a great show.. Awesome fight hype..

Already up on youtube..

Post Count
    Alright here we go....

Light Heavyweight Jon Jones (c) vs. Daniel Cormier

The hype for this one is really big for me.. I am not sure I have had this type of feeling about a fight since GSP/BJ Penn 2.. DC presents some really big problems IF he is able to close down that distance and get his hands on Jones consistently.. The way he throws huge bodies around in fights is scary and his top game looks very solid.. Like Rashad Evans he has big punching power and fast hands. Watching DC's fight lately I see he likes to throw in kicks as well to keep his foes off balance. For Jones I really believe he is the best fighter in the world and there is no tool he does not possess.. To win this fight he will need all of them especially his diverse attacks in the striking game. I expect Jones to test DC everywhere in this fight including wrestling so DC is not comfortable with his own striking game.. I could see this play out as a war that goes to a close decision where Jon must come back in the fight because he is losing a wrestling match or Jon gets control of the fight in the later rounds with his striking as DC tires. Either way I can't wait to see it.. Stay healthy guys and see you on Jan 3rd..

Lightweight Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury

Cowboy is on a roll...

Middleweight Brad Tavares vs. Nate Marquardt

The who gives a fight of the night..

Flyweight Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Louis Gaudinot

Welterweight Hector Lombard vs. Josh Burkman

WTF is Josh Burkman doing back in the UFC? They should call up Karo Parisyan next..

Believe.
    Post Count
    I think DC will eat a lot of elbows, he's gonna have to be extremely careful.

DC is stronger than Jones imho, but Jones is great at using his length. Can Cormier dominate when standing up? I'm not convinced. He'll eat a lot of kicks and elbows if he tries to close the distance. In the clinch he'll eat a lot of elbows as well, but with one or two well timed punches I think he can put Jones to sleep. He might want to test Jones on the ground. Will Jones get ragdolled around like Henderson? I don't think so. He's too big for that.

Honestly, I don't know. I really want Cormier to come out on top but realistically I'm afraid I have to put Jones as the slight favorite for this one.

Great fight anyway.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    Jones has been the champ for too long. He said before that we wasn't motivated for the gus fight? That's not what a hungry champion would say. DC is going to dethrone bones and it will be legendary

I have a feeling Cormier will mix in more kicks for this fight to counter some of the distances Jones will inevitably own.

Post Count
    I have a feeling Cormier will mix in more kicks for this fight to counter some of the distances Jones will inevitably own.
    Break it down for us baby..

He seems to have good kickboxing technique, hasn't had to show it in most of his recent fights.

I am still going with Bones, but I think sparring with Cain is a big ADV for Cormier.

Jones: “So, you’re Cain’s wrestling coach? I’m Jon Jones and I heard you’re pretty good at wrestling.”
    Cormier: “Yeah, I was an Olympic wrestler.”
    Jones: “I bet I can take you down any day, man."
    Cormier: “Do you even know who I am?"
    — Jon Jones’ recollection of his first conversation with Daniel Cormier

Post Count
    DC is fast with his hands and amazing grappler but Jones creativity and length is still going to be a big problem for him. Let's put it this way if it's not a problem for him he's going to win this fight easily.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ali vs Frazier !

I can use that analogy just by the look of those two fighters.One lengthy and using the reach to outclass opponents the other one smaller but with big heart and determination and big punch.
    Will Cormier be able to even break a barrier of this reach to even touch Jones who has great standup? I really do not know. Javier probably has a gameplan to pressure Jones So Jones would not be able to set his tricks easily. DC is not Cain though.

In a heat of the battle Jones will try to take Cormier down and he can do it. It all depends on the situation.

\The reality of this fight might be DC trying to set the take downs but the reach will not allow him for much and Jones will be counter striking. All the elbows and clinch with knees - Jones is dangerous and I do not know how much damage can Cormier take in a fight.

My wish is DC wins this in 3rd!

Post Count
    Myles vs Donald is of a fight!

This can end quickly for anyone or can be all out war !

I cannot wait to see this fight - both confident guys with Jury being a youngster that amazes me with his fresh approach

Post Count
    I feel like I've been waiting ages for Bones and DC to fight. I like both guys alot tbh. Can't wait to see this one go down.

Post Count
    I feel like I've been waiting ages for Bones and DC to fight. I like both guys alot tbh. Can't wait to see this one go down.
    Could be a series of fights..

Post Count

Thread Information