Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Count
    Bones is going to choke Cormier out.

Post Count
    I have not been this excited for any fight since bj/gsp 2.. So much hype around this one..

Believe.
    Post Count
    I think Jon wants DC in the clinch because he knows that's where he can deal the most damage. As tlong says, maybe he'll even go for the choke like he did against Lyoto, or some other kind of submission. I don't think he'll try to take down Cormier too much cuz with DC's build and height, his center of gravity is too low, and that's even before you consider his wrestling background.
    On the other hand, I agree that Cormier might go for the kicks to tire Jon's legs as ace3g said, and Jon's been shown to be vulnerable to pivotal takedowns. That might be what Cormier goes for. Once Bones ends up under DC his only weapon will be trying to get a submission but I have a feeling DC's too good to get caught. We'll have to see.

Can't even wait for the weigh-ins.
    Last edited by thiste; 01-02-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Last edited by ace3g; 01-01-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Had this one

Post Count

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier for UFC light heavyweight le - the first 2 or 3 rounds will be very compe ive, but I think that Jones pulls away in the championship rounds. We'll see though, DC is definitely good enough to win.

Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury - Jury is underrated and is a very strong counterpuncher, so he could certainly put Cowboy away in the first as Cowboy is still waking up. However, I think Cowboy weathers the storm and takes control of the fight in the 2nd.

Nate Marquardt vs. Brad Tavares - Marquardt is old, but he is still a lot better than Tavares

Louis Gaudinot vs. Kyoji Horiguchi - this is going to be completely one-sided

Josh Burkman vs. Hector Lombard - Lombard is heads and shoulders better than Burkman, but he seems to get disinterested in his fights and lose out the lack of output. Hopefully this doesn't bite me in the butt...

Believe.
    Post Count
    Jones
    Cowboy
    Marquardt
    Horiguchi
    Lombard

Really rooting for Cormier though.
    Last edited by thiste; 01-02-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier - Dethroned & Coronated
    Cowboy Cerrone vs. Myles Jury - Fury Jury has the style that gives Cowboy the most trouble. Great length, precise outside striking and good quickness
    Nate Marquardt vs. Brad Tavares
    Louis Gaudinot vs. Kyoji Horiguchi
    Josh Burkman vs. Hector Lombard
    Last edited by Technique; 01-02-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    #breakbones

I like

Post Count
    Worst stare down ever..

yeah was hoping they were going to turn toward each other...

http://instagram.com/p/xX18Z-PA3j/

danawhiteufc38 minutes ago · MGM Grand Las Vegas
    These guys won't stop!!! This just happened in the fighter meeting and this NEVER happens. #UFC182#ufc

Post Count
    http://instagram.com/p/xX18Z-PA3j/

danawhiteufc38 minutes ago · MGM Grand Las Vegas
    These guys won't stop!!! This just happened in the fighter meeting and this NEVER happens. #UFC182#ufc
    Those two are clowns

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    Post Count
    Jones is the guy who lost to the Swede, right?

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Fat comments?
    Really?

Oh jeez I just hope DC will smack the guy and finish him in the 2nd !

Post Count
    Light Heavyweight Jon Jones (c) vs. Daniel Cormier

2015 is the year of my dreams seeing the light. So I wish that this fight DC will finish Jon and becomes the champ. I would laugh my ass that at the begining of the fight, for the first minute of it Cormier will circle and avoid fight and then all of sudden bully rush at Jones and hurt him takes him down and controls him.

Lightweight Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury
    I don't know now who to pick. Donald is awesome and should get next le shot /?Nurmagamedov,Rafael?/, but Myles is so talented and capable of the greatness IMO that in the cir stances of Donalds winning too much in a row now this fight might be the one to end the next run.

Middleweight Brad Tavares vs. Nate Marquardt
    Big bombs towards Nate and it's over. He used to be one of my favorite fighters but now I think he is really close to retiring

Flyweight Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Louis Gaudinot
    Yea I do agree this is gonna be all Kyoji

Welterweight Hector Lombard vs. Josh Burkman
    If Lombard be his normal aggressive self it's and easy fight for him.

Lightweight Danny Castillo vs. Paul Felder
    Last call

Post Count
    Fat comments?
    Really?

Oh jeez I just hope DC will smack the guy and finish him in the 2nd !
    Been watching all the hype and Jones has this guy all pent up with rage. He is in DC's head big time.. That does not mean Jones wins the fight but he has won the mental aspect of it.. Jon is cool and confident while DC is tight and full of rage..

Post Count
    Been watching all the hype and Jones has this guy all pent up with rage. He is in DC's head big time.. That does not mean Jones wins the fight but he has won the mental aspect of it.. Jon is cool and confident while DC is tight and full of rage..
    I do not see Jones cool when he behaves not natural and losing it like with the kill comments. DC is more emotional though.
    I wonder if that anger coming from Daniel will have positive or negative outcome for him in the octagon /?/

But one thing - if DC runs through Jones people will be in awe. How come the best p4p can be beat so easily?

Post Count
    I do not see Jones cool when he behaves not natural and losing it like with the kill comments. DC is more emotional though.
    I wonder if that anger coming from Daniel will have positive or negative outcome for him in the octagon /?/

But one thing - if DC runs through Jones people will be in awe. How come the best p4p can be beat so easily?
    If you don't see cool and calm on Jones you have not been paying attention this entire week. Jones is relishing pissing this guy off and is laughing the whole time.. DC is walking by him down the hallway and starts talking smack and all Jones has to say to him is "You suck" and he goes ballistic while Jones is smiling and eating it up.. Again this does not mean Jon wins the fight but he has DC mentally balled up with rage..

Post Count
    I don't like to play the MMA Math game but if he did not run through Mir or Nelson (Both fights were boring TBH) Jones will be by far the best fighter he has ever fought..

Thread Information