Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Jerry Rices TD/receptions/yardage NFL records are so far there, no current player is even in the ball park.

Emmitt's all time rushing record is safe as a babe in the womb.

Nobody close to any other NFL records, other than....

....we will see the All Time QB career passing TD's record go down in 2014. Favre's 508 will be broken by Peyton Manning in 2014, he has 491.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of Emmitt Smith, he was a good back with a great offensive line. Many times he'd be down the field 3-4 yards before he had to do anything. Imagine what Sanders would have done behind that line.

Adrian Peterson is by far a better back than Emmitt Smith, he's bigger, faster, stronger and just as nifty. Obviously nobody will ever be as elusive as Barry Sanders but Barry didn't beat up defenses, Peterson does. I'd want Peterson over both Smith and Sanders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We always talk about the talent the NFL gets out of the Big12, Pac12, SEC and the Big10. Then there's Pitt and Syracuse.

Hall of Fame***

Pitt

QB...Dan Marino***
    RB...Tony Dorsett***, Curtis Martin***, LeSean McCoy
    WR...Larry Fitzgerald
    TE...Mike Ditka***

Syracuse

QB...Donovan McNabb
    RB's...Jim Brown***, Larry Csonka ***. Floyd Little *** add 1000 yd rushers...Jim Nance, Joe Morris,
    WR...Art Monk *** Marvin Harrison ***
    TE....John Mackey ***

What other schools match those two at those positions?
    Last edited by Avante; 07-10-2014 at 04:51 AM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The Miami Hurricanes you uneducated fat piece of

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    The Miami Hurricanes you uneducated fat piece of
    He's trying to make up for lost time is all.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Marvin Harrison isn't a hall of famer quite yet...he was a finalist but did not gain entry.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Marvin Harrison isn't a hall of famer quite yet...he was a finalist but did not gain entry.
    WR logjam my Seahawk brotha

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He's trying to make up for lost time is all.
    Miami has how many Hall of Famers at those positions?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I know but being he's the leagues number 7 in yards and number 3 in receptions and is ahead of a ton of others already in the HOF, it's just a matter of time.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Miami has how many Hall of Famers at those positions?
    You're including Marvin Harrison you dumb er.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Tim Brown and Cliff Branch need entry before these other receivers

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    I know but being he's the leagues number 7 in yards and number 3 in receptions and is ahead of a ton of others already in the HOF, it's just a matter of time.
    If you include the "just a metter of time" players from miami, they easily beat Pitt.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tim Brown and Cliff Branch need entry before these other receivers
    Tim Brown and Marvin Harrison have very similar stats, with Harrison just a tab bit better. But.....it's real obvious he played in a more pass happy era with a great great QB. I agree that Brown should already be there.

Cliff Branch has superior stats to fellow...zoooooom...Bob Hayes, so if Bullet Bobis in the HOF why isn't Branch? As we all know....Lynn Swann....hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't put Branch ahead of Harrison however, HUGE difference in stats, talking...HUGE!

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Tim Brown and Marvin Harrison have very similar stats, with Harrison just a tab bit better. But.....it's real obvious he played in a more pass happy era with a great great QB. I agree that Brown should already be there.

Cliff Branch has superior stats to fellow...zoooooom...Bob Hayes, so if Bullet Bobis in the HOF why isn't Branch? As we all know....Lynn Swann....hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't put Branch ahead of Harrison however, HUGE difference in stats, talking...HUGE!
    i would compare him to comtemporaries like Swann, who Branch is superior to. Brown put up top 10 numbers in every relevant receiving stat while playing for guys like Hostetler, Marinovich, Goerge, Marc Wilson, Steve Buerlein, etc.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If you include the "just a metter of time" players from miami, they easily beat Pitt.
    Well they have no QB or TE on a par with Marino and Ditka.

Curtis Martin is the 4th all time leading rusher, Tony Dorsett at number 8. The top Miami rusher is Edgerrin James at 11 with nobody else moving up but Gore but he's way back there.

Larry Fitzgerald has more receptions than Michael Irvin, less yards however, but more TD's.

When we look at all time td's...

Curtis Martin 100
    Tony Dorsett 91
    Larry Fitzgerald 87

Miami

Edgerrin Jame 91
    Ottis Anderson 86

then nobody over 83.

Obviously Miami has the better receivers as a group, and more depth at running back but nothing like Martin/Dorsett and a real good case for McCoy being one of the top three today.

I don't see any reason to see Miami superior to Pitt. Fitz and McCoy could also end up in the HOF.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i would compare him to comtemporaries like Swann, who Branch is superior to. Brown put up top 10 numbers in every relevant receiving stat while playing for guys like Hostetler, Marinovich, Goerge, Marc Wilson, Steve Buerlein, etc.
    I mentioned the difference in QB's.

Brown and Harrison real close stat wise, but we gotta give the nod to Brown, because of the QB situation. Hmmmm....well having Reggie Wayne didn't help Harrisons stats.

You cannot have Swann/Hayes in the HOF and not Cliff Branch.

Branch once beat Hayes in a football 40, sure Hayes was getting old.

Thread Information