Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Lol aggy can't get away
    Lol wut.

1. That game is only going to happen whenever the sugar bowl is not apart of the bowl playoff rotation.

2. The SEC bowl game tie-ins go as followed:

3 bowls vs Big 10 (2 on years when Orange Bowl is in playoff rotation)
    3 bowls vs Big 12 (2 on years when Sugar Bowl is in playoff rotation)
    2 bowls vs ACC

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol wut.

1. That game is only going to happen whenever the sugar bowl is not apart of the bowl playoff rotation.

2. The SEC bowl game tie-ins go as followed:

3 bowls vs Big 10 (2 on years when Orange Bowl is in playoff rotation)
    3 bowls vs Big 12 (2 on years when Sugar Bowl is in playoff rotation)
    2 bowls vs ACC
    Wut?

Link?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    It's actually kind of vague now that I read it again. It says:
    The agreement is for 12 years. In the event that the bowl is selected as a semifinal game in the new BCS structure, the game would not host the Big 12 - SEC matchup in that year.
    And this:
    In years where the Sugar Bowl and the Orange Bowl do not host College Football Playoff semifinals, the SEC's top non-playoff teams will go to those games
    But doesn't necessarily specify what happens in that scenario.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...CLID=205726873

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    http://allstatesugarbowl.org/site546.php

K, it looks like since they added the playoff semi final years, they agreed to extend the SEC/Big 12 champ game to 8 games over 12 years, the other four being the playoff game.

Not to mention the Texas Bowl now being SEC/Big 12.

Lol.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Sec / big12 has 3 post season games a year. Pretty standard stuff my friend. I guess we can't get away from the big 10 either.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby told reporters Friday that the Big 12 will be distributing more than $40 million per school by the end of its TV contract in the next decade
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...out-per-school

The Big 12 just completed the first year of its 13-year grant of rights deal with ESPN/ABC and Fox Sports, and Bowlsby said the conference's members should be earning more than $40 million per year by the end of that contract.

That number could reach $30 million per school soon as the money from the conference's media rights deals escalates later in the contract, and the Big 12 will distribute approximately $4 million more once the contract from its Champions Bowl agreement with the SEC begins.
    With the launch of the SEC Network this August, per-team revenues are expected to increase by at least $5 million over the next couple of years and could reach $10 million-plus within a handful years. Some projections have SEC teams bringing in excess of $40 million annually by the end of the decade

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^ Aggy
    Record Revenue without Aggy
    Same money distribution
    "Left because of financial reasons"

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Does that article say conference members could be making 40M/yr by the end of a 13 year contract ? So 13 years from now?

As of right now, the Horns are the only ones making a substantial amount. TCU and West Va are making some like 7M a year lmao

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Nobody knows the exact deal between the SEC/ESPN but the network is projected to bring in big money and that will happen in the next couple years. The Network is projected to make north of $800M per season.

The network is set to bring in the big bucks. If half of all households are subject to the in-conference rate, that's a little over $700 million a year in revenue. The remaining non-SEC customers should pitch in another $130 million or so. In terms of sheer carriage revenue, that would be near the size of ESPN2, and over three times as large as the Big Ten and Pac-12 networks, Fox Sports estimates .

If ad sales and programming costs cancel out -- a fair assumption -- that leaves $830 million in annual revenue up for grabs between both sides. While the exact terms of the ESPN-SEC deal aren't public, a 50-50 split is reasonable, Fox says. And in reality, a 60-40 or even 70-30 split in favor of the SEC isn't out of the question. The conference's popularity may have created a better negotiating position.
    Assuming most pass the network's carriage fees on to customers, wallets everywhere could be squeezed. Estimates vary, but SportsBusiness Daily reports that a monthly rate of $1.30 per subscriber is likely for in-conference providers. The fee is $0.25 in the 39 non-SEC states. Comcast, which reached a long-term deal with the network last month, is paying a slightly higher cost of $1.40 per subscriber, the outlet adds.
    By those calculations the SEC Network is projected to add at least another $28M in revenue to each of the 14 members. That is bringing the annual revenue of each program to close to $50M/season.

This is also assuming a 50/50 split between the SEC/ESPN. Numbers could be higher.

But 13 years from now the big12 might start to catch up. I don't know what the future has in store.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Does that article say conference members could be making 40M/yr by the end of a 13 year contract ? So 13 years from now?

As of right now, the Horns are the only ones making a substantial amount. TCU and West Va are making some like 7M a year lmao
    I know Kansas is making nice coin off their tier 3 network.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Actually, WV is

........ That earning potential is a big reason why so many rumors have circulated about schools like Clemson, Florida State and Virginia Tech looking to move to the Big 12. Tier 3 rights don’t guarantee a massive payout and can vary greatly – West Virginia’s $9 million lands between Kansas’ $6.5 million payout from the Jayhawk Network and the massive $15 million that Texas makes each year from its Longhorn Network – but major draws like Virginia Tech and Florida State would likely be thrilled to give the open market a try.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi...-12s-tv-deals/

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    15 more minutes until the debut.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    it would be fitting if the SEC started with some banjos playing the theme to "deliverance".

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    Watching the intro now.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    saw some of it last night. of course, they just had to get that dumb ass piece of governor perry to represent the aggies. wasn't lyle lovett available?

My Team
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Post Count
    saw some of it last night. of course, they just had to get that dumb ass piece of governor perry to represent the aggies. wasn't lyle lovett available?
    Not anymore of a POS than our current president.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Not anymore of a POS than our current president.
    Yes he is more of a pos.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Day before his indictment

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Day before his indictment

fits the theme of sumlin's program

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I watched for a bit today. They had some cool . Ralphie May talking about Arkansas was actually kinda neat.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I watched for a bit today. They had some cool . Ralphie May talking about Arkansas was actually kinda neat.
    He's got a new special out on netflix soon.

Thread Information