Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The Utah State football team opens its 2014 schedule at Tennessee, and the game will be televised on the brand-new SEC Network.It’s entirely possible that most Utahns won’t be able to see it. It’s highly likely that most Aggie fans around the country won’t, either.Despite the fact that the SEC fancies itself the biggest, baddest, best thing in college sports, the SEC Network is struggling to get distribution.

Sound familiar?.......

http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/5...-fans.html.csp
    Lol

Post Count
    Gee... you would think distributors would be falling all over themselves to score the tv network of "the best college football conference in America"

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Aggy

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well, with all the fights between the cable companies and channels, it's not surprising. I imagine they are asking for a lot.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Every provider will pick it up eventually. Uverse and Dish already have. DirecTV and comcast are close. Time warner will follow.

To answer your question though, it's going to be great and a huge moneymaker once it's up and fully running.

Thanks for your concern.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol posters using money making smack when they won't see a dime of it

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    lol posters using money making smack when they won't see a dime of it
    Why are you happy the Spurs won when you don't get a ring?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Because of all the large breasted women jumping around cheering making those sweet sacks bounce.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Cox communications signed a deal for the SEC network yesterday.

Post Count
    Celebrating your team's victory is fundamentally different than celebrating sports administrators and players getting fatter paychecks.

Post Count
    Cox communications signed a deal for the SEC network yesterday.
    Cox has LHN too. Comcast and DirecTV are way more important -- especially Comcast because it dominates in Houston which is supposedly Aggie's largest market.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Celebrating your team's victory is fundamentally different than celebrating sports administrators and players getting fatter paychecks.
    More money = better facilities/coaches (as a general rule) = better chance at winning

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Cox has LHN too. Comcast and DirecTV are way more important -- especially Comcast because it dominates in Houston which is supposedly Aggie's largest market.
    Want to make a bet that Comcast carries the SECN this season?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Aggies are starting to sound like Longhornfan with their 'we get more money' smack

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Aggies are starting to sound like Longhornfan with their 'we get more money' smack
    The horns still pull down the most revenue by far. But, as I said, having money helps with winning as a general rule. The SEC move for us was a no-brainer for a large number of reasons... money being one of them.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The horns still pull down the most revenue by far. But, as I said, having money helps with winning as a general rule. The SEC move for us was a no-brainer for a large number of reasons... money being one of them.
    Except that so far, the big 12 has basically kept up in payout per school.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Except that so far, the big 12 has basically kept up in payout per school.
    Do you honestly believe that SEC schools will not make more than the B12 once renegotiations happen?

Post Count
    More money = better facilities/coaches (as a general rule) = better chance at winning
    The horns still pull down the most revenue by far. But, as I said, having money helps with winning as a general rule.
    You state the most prominent example of a school with a lot of money and it's an exception to your own "general" rule.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    All that "SEC money" and Aggy still won't win ....

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    You state the most prominent example of a school with a lot of money and it's an exception to your own "general" rule.
    They are an exception. Hence, "general".

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Do you honestly believe that SEC schools will not make more than the B12 once renegotiations happen?
    Big 12 schools have been paid out more per school than SEC the last couple of years. That'll change, no doubt.

But then the big 12 will be up for renegotiation down the road and it will change back.

Point being is that A&M is not getting all that much more (if any more) by moving.

But TCU thanks you.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ags could increase their money by 50 million annually and they would still be behind Texas by 40 million.

Last year Ags gross revenue was about 90 million. Texas had gross revenue of about 180 million.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm interested what the tipping point is for sports/regional networks period and their disproportionate representation on the average person's cable bill. A La Carte is coming, slowly.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm interested what the tipping point is for sports/regional networks period and their disproportionate representation on the average person's cable bill. A La Carte is coming, slowly.
    Agree 100% I'd pay a separate charge to get the LHN I'd prefer not to pay for big 10 network or other conference networks.

Thread Information