Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    unless ur in a 14 team league with some raider fans i think both will be available after the draft
    Yeah I'm in a ten team league. Richardson actually ran that 4.28. He has been beating guys in camp. But the way Russell spreads the ball around, unless he's the number 2 it's unlikely he'll see enough touches. That's a beast stiff arm in that video

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    The real question is, what's the new fantasy value of James Jones? Seems like a deep, deep bench addition at this point. But he is seemingly the number 1 pass catching option. A guy in my league decided to keep MJD over Alfred Morris so I'm looking to snag him at some point early on in the draft. He's taking a huge gamble on the resurgence of MJD, but I would've went with the sure thing of Alf Morris. There are two elite TE's left on the board and I pick fourth. If either one is there I'll take one, and hopefully Morris is there on the way back around.
    If i play this year i might bank on ladarius green with a late rounder and if he doesn't get more reps play the waiver wire for te's.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    and we used the 3rd overall pick on that talent the jags needs to hire chip england to fix his mechanics
    What do you expect for a guy to have perfect mechanics coming out a year early? Bortles has the qualities that you cant teach. He's clutch in the 4th quarter. He actually scans the field and follows through more than one projection without getting happy feet or feeling ghosts. Bortles wants to improve and has very good work ethic as evidenced so far in the mini camps and OTA's. The coaching staff is not the same crap staff from past regime's. They will teach him and bring him on the proper way. This is not the same old Jags. Don't be so quick to laugh it up with a raduh's fan just because we've sucked for so long. This Jags team is acquiring talent and fast.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    What do you expect for a guy to have perfect mechanics coming out a year early? Bortles has the qualities that you cant teach. He's clutch in the 4th quarter. He actually scans the field and follows through more than one projection without getting happy feet or feeling ghosts. Bortles wants to improve and has very good work ethic as evidenced so far in the mini camps and OTA's. The coaching staff is not the same crap staff from past regime's. They will teach him and bring him on the proper way. This is not the same old Jags. Don't be so quick to laugh it up with a raduh's fan just because we've sucked for so long. This Jags team is acquiring talent and fast.
    i've seen most of bortles games this past season live and hes had mediocre games against the lesser teams and all season ive seen him as a second round qb. i want him to succeed as a jags fan and redshirting him is a good sign but with a mediocre arm strength and slower than usual release and holding on to the ball too long at times just reminds me too much of leftwich. i hate that we picked him 3rd overall. it was a reach, still a reach. there was great value at the end of round 1 and early 2nd in hindsight.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i've seen most of bortles games this past season live and hes had mediocre games against the lesser teams and all season ive seen him as a second round qb. i want him to succeed as a jags fan and redshirting him is a good sign but with a mediocre arm strength and slower than usual release and holding on to the ball too long at times just reminds me too much of leftwich. i hate that we picked him 3rd overall. it was a reach, still a reach. there was great value at the end of round 1 and early 2nd in hindsight.
    raiders got Mack AND the top QB on their board

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    raiders got Mack AND the top QB on their board
    Two busts
    Al still drafting from the tomb
    Raiders

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Two busts
    Al still drafting from the tomb
    Raiders
    excellent analysis

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Although he's very wrong, it was slightly comical. Combined yards for DMAC and MJD?

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    bridgewater is gonna bust so hard, the majority of his throws are to wide open receivers , aint happening in minny, tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Although he's very wrong, it was slightly comical. Combined yards for DMAC and MJD?
    wouldn't call him "wrong" since they could end up busts for all we know, but simply saying LOL busts before camp is meh unless you actually have some sound reasoning

and that's a tough question ... the bright side is they can both catch. it really depends on how many games they play. MJD has been very durable besides the 2012 season, and he's never put up less than 1000 all purpose yards besides that season (only played 6 games). McFadden has never played a full season, his career high in games played is 13, and he last did that in 2010. it also depends on how much of a workload they give Reece (he's always underused, sadly), and they're supposedly high on their draft pick from a year ago, Latavius Murray.

their backfield is a mess for fantasy purposes. i would avoid at all costs for the time being, and just use a waiver claim when somebody goes down. even if they're healthy/productive, you never know who's the guy getting the carries. i'd wait for them to release a depth chart or we see who's getting goal line carries. i think DMAC and MJD get around 15 touches per game apiece if healthy though. if i had to guess a number for combined yardage between the two, i'd say 1900 since they're both capable receivers too. i could see McFadden with something like 650/350 and MJD with 700/200 or something like that
    Last edited by spurraider21; 07-21-2014 at 02:27 PM.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    I hate split backfields in fantasy, but taking one in latter rounds after having three solid backs may not be a bad idea.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I hate split backfields in fantasy, but taking one in latter rounds after having three solid backs may not be a bad idea.
    McFadden still has the most upside, particularly in PPR though i think MJD will end up the goal line guy

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Well I'll be honest, I wasn't that high on him either. But then we drafted him and I've read and watched a lot more. I'm not being a homer, I just like trying to be optimistic. The thing is that I see more in Bortles and his potential. I've seen Bortles do some things that you want in a QB. Things that Blaine Gabbert never did and Garrard only did sometimes and that is: 1. Step into the pocket 2. Let the play develop then take the hit but deliver the pass. 3.He has patience in the pocket but a good internal clock. Borltes was the reason UCF was worth a damn and that has to count for something. I hope it works out and then it wont matter where he was drafted. We had to draft a QB, we couldn't just keep passing on them every year. Can you believe the Jags have only drafted 5 qb's in 20 freaking years and the two QB's drafted by the Jaguars in the last 10 years were Blaine Gabbert and Blake Borltes. It wasn't because they had a franchise QB at the helm. The Jaguars had terrible ownership, front office and coaching staff. I think the new staff is gonna develop this guy to be a player. He wont bust.

By the way somewhat agree with the Leftwich comparison. Leftwich had a ing baseball wind up. Bortles is a little more compact. I think Borltes motion is fixable though. It;'s not so exaggerrated like leftwich's.

Look at leftwich's throwing motion: it literally drops down below his ass then loops it all the way backup to the top.

Bortles has a similar dip but its stops at waist or just above.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    you're not being a homer, but you said you didn't like the guy and after you found out your team drafted him you started liking the guy. k.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    madden 15 gave bortles a 92 in throw power

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    you're not being a homer, but you said you didn't like the guy and after you found out your team drafted him you started liking the guy. k.
    Let me clarify; I did not think highly of Bortles initially. But once the Jags drafted him I started to look more and read more about him as a QB. I was judging him on a few games that I had seen. But once I was forced to learn more I started taking note of some positives. I like comparing and contrasting Bortles with Gabbert. Mainly because it makes me feel better about the Borltes pick. TBH, IMHO...

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Let me clarify; I did not think highly of Bortles initially. But once the Jags drafted him I started to look more and read more about him as a QB. I was judging him on a few games that I had seen. But once I was forced to learn more I started taking note of some positives. I like comparing and contrasting Bortles with Gabbert. Mainly because it makes me feel better about the Borltes pick. TBH, IMHO...
    thats so sad, you have to compare him to gabbert in order to like him

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    thats so sad, you have to compare him to gabbert in order to like him
    Were moving on up bro. Seriously though, I think the Jags are going to embarrass some unsuspecting teams this year. I think the Jags could possibly win 6 games. 7 if they are healthy and over achieve. I'm looking for a split with the colts and it's possible the Jags roll the cowboys in London.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Were moving on up bro. Seriously though, I think the Jags are going to embarrass some unsuspecting teams this year. I think the Jags could possibly win 6 games. 7 if they are healthy and over achieve. I'm looking for a split with the colts and it's possible the Jags roll the cowboys in London.
    the homer in me thinks we take the afcs , i still cant get over the fact that we used the 3rd overall pick on a guy who wont probably contribute this season

Carr+Mack+Lee/Robinson>>>>>>>>>Bortles+Lee+Robinson

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the homer in me thinks we take the afcs , i still cant get over the fact that we used the 3rd overall pick on a guy who wont probably contribute this season

Carr+Mack+Lee/Robinson>>>>>>>>>Bortles+Lee+Robinson
    its not uncommon to redshirt rookie QB's, but yeah, he'd have to be a special prospect to be taken in the 1st round (let alone #3) AND be redshirted. Carson Palmer was such

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Just look at all the new additions to the Jaguars. By the time lets say 2 years from now Bortles shows he's at least a capable starter, the Jags could be shock full of talent. Look at what GM Dave Caldwell has added in the last two years. 's amazing tbh considering how depleted that roster was.

68 Beadles, Zane G 6-4 305 27 5 Utah
    24 Blackmon, Will CB 6-0 204 29 8 Boston College
    5 Bortles, Blake QB 6-5 232 22 R UCF
    70 Bowanko, Luke C 6-6 300 23 R Virginia
    79 Bryant, Red DE 6-4 323 30 7 Texas A&M
    91 Clemons, Chris DE 6-3 254 32 11 Georgia
    37 Cyprien, Johnathan S 6-0 217 23 2 Florida International
    26 Evans, Josh S 6-0 205 23 2 Florida
    21 Gerhart, Toby RB 6-0 231 27 5 Stanford
    27 Gratz, Dwayne CB 5-11 201 24 2 Connecticut
    31 Harris, Jeremy CB 6-2 185 23 2 New Mexico State
    55 Hayes, Geno LB 6-1 226 26 7 Florida State
    92 Hood, Ziggy DT 6-3 300 27 6 Missouri
    76 Joeckel, Luke OT 6-6 306 22 2 Texas A&M
    34 Johnson, Storm RB 6-0 215 22 R UCF
    95 Jones, Abry DT 6-4 312 22 2 Georgia
    11 Lee, Marqise WR 6-0 192 22 R USC
    65 Linder, Brandon G 6-6 311 22 R Miami (Fla.)
    39 Loston, Craig S 6-2 209 24 R Louisiana State
    99 Marks, Sen'Derrick DT 6-2 294 27 6 Auburn
    97 Miller, Roy DT 6-2 310 27 6 Texas
    6 Morris, Stephen QB 6-2 218 21 R Miami
    67 Pasztor, Austin G 6-7 308 23 2 Virginia
    56 Reynolds, LaRoy LB 6-1 243 23 2 Virginia
    80 Robinson, Allen WR 6-3 210 20 R Penn State
    16 Robinson, Denard WR 6-0 197 23 2 Michigan
    98 Smith, Chris DE 6-1 266 22 R Arkansas
    50 Smith, Telvin LB 6-3 218 23 R Florida State
    30 Todman, Jordan RB 5-10 198 24 2 Connecticut
    41 Colvin, Aaron CB 6-0 186 22 R Oklahoma
    18 Sanders, Ace WR/PR 5-7 178 22 2 South Carolina
    23 Ball, Alan CB 6-2 197 29 7 Illinois
    57 Watson, Dekoda LB 6-2 240 26 5 Florida State

The list above is far and away better talent wise as a whole compared to what was there. It's a mixture of free agent proven vets, 1st and 2nd year draftee's. Here's another thing that is promising. GM Dave Caldwell believes in drafting big program talent and definitely focuses on players from the South and South East regions. That is something that I have been screaming for. I'm sure the Jags will be compe ive and give some good teams some fits.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    SMH Ace Sanders just got popped. Idiot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...s-fourgame-ban

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Gotta say I was impressed. Bortles stood tall in the pocket. Looked off safeties, took the hit while completing passes. Moved well on boot legs and protected the football. He finished 7-for-11 for 117 yards, but three in-completions were drops by receivers. It was against the second unit but damn it looked natural.

<font size="3">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-pass-to-Brown

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    bridgewater looked terrible
    carr had a good outing, his receivers didnt do him any favors
    bortles had a terrific game
    manziel did better than i expected

but logan thomas, albeit it was against 3rd stringers, texans 3rd stringers , but the dude was fire.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    its just been 1 preseason game so i wouldn't read much into them, but these were my thoughts going through the 4 qb's performances

- Bortles had the most impressive game of the bunch, obviously. he looked good, but when i went through it he was mostly throwing into soft zones. he had one particular throw where he gunned it and threaded the needle. pretty impressive. still, he was accurate, had a couple of drops, moved well. basically all the positive attributes we heard about Bortles were on full display. he has made the best case to get some run with the 1's, but apparently Gus Bradley is having none of it. i'm not sure why you dont give him a couple of series just to get a feel for where he is

- Bridgewater made some solid throws, his best one was called back by penalty, but he really looked like a rookie. He held the ball too long on several occasions. It got him sacked twice and closed windows on plays that should have been completions. his mobility looked solid, but he's certainly not a runner like RG3 or Wilson. He missed a number of throws. tbh he had the most disappointing game of the "big 4" of the rookie class. i thought he'd be the most pro ready but he really didn't look it. holding onto the ball too long is a sign that he's still in college mode and hasn't adapted yet.

- Carr did ok... i thought he didn't "look like a rookie" in that he was very quick and decisive. He would drop back and the ball was gone. no happy feet, no unnecessary pump fakes. that was good to see. he did miss some throws (threw behind the receiver twice, missed a contested throw low over the middle), and he stupidly tried to make a jump pass instead of squaring his shoulder on the pass that got tipped and picked off. his receivers were horrible. the fullback had 2 passes hit his hands that he couldn't catch, one of which he tipped up for a pick. Greg Little dropped 2 passes as well, one of which hit his facemask. andre holmes dropped one of carr's passes too. he still missed throws so im not going to say it was all their fault

- Manziel actually did about as well as i thought. he was overall pretty solid passing, missed a couple of throws that should have been caught. he made one terrific throw where he let it rip and put it on the money. people here underrate him as a passer. i've never thought he's a terrible passer, but i've had issues with his decision making and tendency to let his feet be his primary attribute, and thats the most memorable aspects of his game, the runs/scrambles. its just not a style of play that is typically sustainable, and will inevitably lead to injury in the NFL

Thread Information