Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is an example of serious pro-Israeli media bias

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "On Monday night, a strike hit an eight-story apartment building in downtown Gaza City — an area where Israeli officials had urged Gazans to take shelter. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/22/wo...i-strikes.html

ing brutal. There is no excuse for this. you, Israel.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    "On Monday night, a strike hit an eight-story apartment building in downtown Gaza City — an area where Israeli officials had urged Gazans to take shelter. "

It's horrible, but when will they stop attacking Israel.

It would end if they simply stopped attacking Israel.

Israel has the right to defend itself.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That spokesperson sounds like a massive koolaid drinker. That old was really hitting that guy with tough questions.

I think the media has a problem with differentiating between Gaza and Hamas.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If no one is being harmed, is it really attacking?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i don't understand israel's endgame in all of this. people will say b-b-but muh right to defend themselves until they're blue in the face but this type of stuff only undermines their legitimacy and turns the world against them. as a nationalist i support israel's right to existence but they are behaving like psychopaths.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't understand israel's endgame in all of this. people will say b-b-but muh right to defend themselves until they're blue in the face but this type of stuff only undermines their legitimacy and turns the world against them. as a nationalist i support israel's right to existence but they are behaving like psychopaths.
    I rather be an American welfare state than respected around the Globe.

Does anyone truly envision Palestine being around in 300 years?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    not at the current rate this is going rofl

america won't always be around as the world police..they really might think about what the rest of the world thinks about them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

By bombing hospitals? That's defending yourself? Targeting non-military personnel is defending yourself?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U wot mate?

This thread is about the disparity in news reporting
    Look at your posted images.
    And about the thread, tough luck... mate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hamas, the revel in this.
    They use Palestinians civilians as fodder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hamas, the revel in this.
    They use Palestinians civilians as fodder.
    No one is forcing Israel to decimate hospitals. The Israeli government is every bit as bad as Hamas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Jon Stewart can't say 'Israel' on The Daily Show (+video)

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-epis...ullep_endslate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is forcing Israel to decimate hospitals. The Israeli government is every bit as bad as Hamas.
    Then you don't know the history of this conflict.
    That being said, Israel is going all out to get rid of the tunnels and missiles.
    They are treating civilians almost as poorly as Hamas (terrorist s ).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hamas Gambled on War as Its Woes Grew in Gaza

When war between Israel and Hamas broke out two weeks ago, the Palestinian militant group was so hamstrung, politically, economically and diplomatically, that its leaders appeared to feel they had nothing to lose.

Hamas took what some here call “option zero,” gambling that it could shift the balance with its trump cards: its arms and militants.

Now, this conflict has demonstrated that while Hamas governed over 1.7 million people mired in poverty, its leaders were pouring resources into its military and expanding its ability to fight Israel. If it can turn that improved military prowess into concessions, like opening the border with Egypt, that may boost its standing among the people of Gaza — although at an extraordinarily high cost in deaths and destruction.

“There were low expectations in terms of its performance against the recent round of Israeli incursions. It’s been exceeding all expectations,” said Abdullah Al-Arian, a professor at Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service in Qatar who is currently in Washington. “And it’s likely to come out in a far better position than in the last three years, and maybe the last decade.”

Hamas had been struggling. The turmoil in the region meant it lost one of its main sponsors, President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, whom it broke with over his brutal fight against a Sunni Muslim-led insurgency, and weakened its alliance with Iran. It lost support in Egypt when the Islamist president, Mohamed Morsi, was ousted and replaced with a military-backed government hostile to Hamas.
    Unemployment in Gaza is around 50 percent, having risen steeply since Israel pulled out its troops and settlers in 2005 and severely tightened border restrictions.

Hamas appeared powerless to end the near-blockade of its border by Israel and more recently Egypt. It could not even pay its 40,000 government workers their salaries.

The group was so handicapped that it agreed to enter into a pact with its rival party, Fatah, to form a new government. But that seemed only to make matters worse, sowing division within its own ranks, with some in the military wing angry at the concession, while providing none of the economic relief Hamas had hoped for.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/07/23...gaza.html?_r=0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Unemployment in Gaza is around 50 percent, having risen steeply since Israel pulled out its troops and settlers in 2005...

No surprise there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hamas Gambled on War as Its Woes Grew in Gaza

When war between Israel and Hamas broke out two weeks ago, the Palestinian militant group was so hamstrung, politically, economically and diplomatically, that its leaders appeared to feel they had nothing to lose.

Hamas took what some here call “option zero,” gambling that it could shift the balance with its trump cards: its arms and militants.

Now, this conflict has demonstrated that while Hamas governed over 1.7 million people mired in poverty, its leaders were pouring resources into its military and expanding its ability to fight Israel. If it can turn that improved military prowess into concessions, like opening the border with Egypt, that may boost its standing among the people of Gaza — although at an extraordinarily high cost in deaths and destruction.

“There were low expectations in terms of its performance against the recent round of Israeli incursions. It’s been exceeding all expectations,” said Abdullah Al-Arian, a professor at Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service in Qatar who is currently in Washington. “And it’s likely to come out in a far better position than in the last three years, and maybe the last decade.”

Hamas had been struggling. The turmoil in the region meant it lost one of its main sponsors, President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, whom it broke with over his brutal fight against a Sunni Muslim-led insurgency, and weakened its alliance with Iran. It lost support in Egypt when the Islamist president, Mohamed Morsi, was ousted and replaced with a military-backed government hostile to Hamas.
    Unemployment in Gaza is around 50 percent, having risen steeply since Israel pulled out its troops and settlers in 2005 and severely tightened border restrictions.

Hamas appeared powerless to end the near-blockade of its border by Israel and more recently Egypt. It could not even pay its 40,000 government workers their salaries.

The group was so handicapped that it agreed to enter into a pact with its rival party, Fatah, to form a new government. But that seemed only to make matters worse, sowing division within its own ranks, with some in the military wing angry at the concession, while providing none of the economic relief Hamas had hoped for.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/07/23...gaza.html?_r=0

As I stated before, this recent outbreak coincides nicely with Egypt's about face back to good relations with Israel. It's pretty clear Morsi's democratically elected gov. gave people the shivers of what it means to include radical Islamic militants in your government. The Egyptians hate Israel killing their brothers, but they certainly want nothing to do with the radical element. When you take on Palestinians, you take on the radical Shira law groups. They have attached themselves. No country around wants the Palestinians, they are glad Israel deals with them, it's a win win.

The losers are the Palestinians with no affiliation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The end game is clearly this for the majority of Israelis:

An indepedentPalestinian state thriving economically and not hostile towards Israel. And... This is the kicker:

Israel with a huge Jewish majority that will never be anything but a Jewish State. This is the really difficult part, but it is the reality. This is what makes the partioning difficult. Israel wants to control safe boundaries and really wants nothing to do with Arab Israeli citizenship that has a vote. This "purity" should warm the heart of m>s. Jewish Israelis only basically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what would israel do once ISIS has their eyes on them next?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you don't know the history of this conflict.
    That being said, Israel is going all out to get rid of the tunnels and missiles.
    They are treating civilians almost as poorly as Hamas (terrorist s ).
    So you're agreeing with what I said while at the same time saying you disagree with me?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're agreeing with what I said while at the same time saying you disagree with me?
    No actually.

Go back and read what you wrote.

Hamas does not want Israel to exist.
    Period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No actually.

Go back and read what you wrote.

Hamas does not want Israel to exist.
    Period.
    Wow. They're bombing hospitals. Do you really think the Israeli government would eradicate the entire Gaza Strip if they could get away with it internationally? The only reason they don't is because of the backlash they'd face.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Israel would annihilate Gaza in a heart beat if they could get away with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AIPAC Is the Only Explanation for America's Morally Bankrupt Israel Policy

And why did Netanyahu decide to go on another rampage in Gaza? As Nathan Thrall of the International Crisis Group points out, the real motive is neither vengeance nor a desire to protect Israel from Hamas' rocket fire, which has been virtually non-existent over the past two years and is largely ineffectual anyway. Netanyahu's real purpose was to undermine the recent agreement between Hamas and Fatah for a unity government. Given Netanyahu's personal commitment to keeping the West Bank and creating a "greater Israel," the last thing he wants is a unified Palestinian leadership that might press him to get serious about a two-state solution. Ergo, he sought to isolate and severely damage Hamas and drive a new wedge between the two Palestinian factions.

http://www.commondreams.org/views/20...-israel-policy

I've read other places the Israel will never allow a Palestinian state, iow, no two-state solution.

Not sure about the article's claim of low rocket activity recently, but even IDF accounting shows 2013 very low compared to other years.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-24-2014 at 06:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    making up to get more welfare checks from usa

Thread Information