Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah, I know why but damn it's just pathetic and blatantly obvious. Pretty much propaganda if you ask me but hey that's how we roll. And I know old news but it has to be at an all time high.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Increase in social media has trickled down the truth to the masses. Israel no longer gets a pass like they did 20 years ago. But this has also exposed the USA foreign policy

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I know why but damn it's just pathetic and blatantly obvious. Pretty much propaganda if you ask me but hey that's how we roll. And I know old news but it has to be at an all time high.
    You know Eurpoean papers put out English versions.

So give me a news source you find to be unbiased?
    Nazis like Infinite Limit read what they want to be told.
    Never trust a Nazi to give you the truth, their lifeblood is prapoganda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the feigned outrage over the plight of the Palestinians is amusing.
    From the same group that finds Mexicans to be dirty little people.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the feigned outrage over the plight of the Palestinians is amusing.
    From the same group that finds Mexicans to be dirty little people.
    "dirty little people's" problem is that they don't have AIPAC's or financial/Hollywood sectors' $100Ms to buy the support of Congress s (nor do Human-Americans, whose votes are mostly ignored in policies and laws).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "dirty little people's" problem is that they don't have AIPAC's or financial/Hollywood sectors' $100Ms to buy the support of Congress s (nor do Human-Americans, whose votes are mostly ignored in policies and laws).
    True.

But it still does not change the disingenuous outrage of Nazis concerning the Palestians.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the flood of angry words that poured out of Israel and Gaza during a week of spiraling violence, few statements were more blunt, or more telling, than this throwaway line by the chief spokesman of the Israeli military, Brigadier General Moti Almoz, speaking July 8 on Army Radio’s morning show: “We have been instructed by the political echelon to hit Hamas hard.”

That’s unusual language for a military mouthpiece. Typically they spout lines like “We will take all necessary actions” or “The state of Israel will defend its citizens.” You don’t expect to hear: “This is the politicians’ idea. They’re making us do it.”
    Admittedly, demurrals on government policy by Israel’s top defense brass, once virtually unthinkable, have become almost routine in the Netanyahu era. Usually, though, there’s some measure of subtlety or discretion. This particular interview was different. Where most disagreements involve policies that might eventually lead to some future unnecessary war, this one was about an unnecessary war they were now stumbling into.

Spokesmen don’t speak for themselves. Almoz was expressing a frustration that was building in the army command for nearly a month, since the June 12 kidnapping of three Israeli yeshiva boys. The crime set off a chain of events in which Israel gradually lost control of the situation, finally ending up on the brink of a war that nobody wanted — not the army, not the government, not even the enemy, Hamas.

The frustration had numerous causes. Once the boys’ disappearance was known, troops began a massive, 18-day search-and-rescue operation, entering thousands of homes, arresting and interrogating hundreds of individuals, racing against the clock. Only on July 1, after the boys’ bodies were found, did the truth come out: The government had known almost from the beginning that the boys were dead. It maintained the fiction that it hoped to find them alive as a pretext to dismantle Hamas’ West Bank operations.

The initial evidence was the recording of victim Gilad Shaer’s desperate cellphone call to Moked 100, Israel’s 911. When the tape reached the security services the next morning — neglected for hours by Moked 100 staff — the teen was heard whispering “They’ve kidnapped me” (“hatfu oti”) followed by shouts of “Heads down,” then gunfire, two groans, more shots, then singing in Arabic. That evening searchers found the kidnappers’ abandoned, torched Hyundai, with eight bullet holes and the boys’ DNA. There was no doubt.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu immediately placed a gag order on the deaths. Journalists who heard rumors were told the Shin Bet wanted the gag order to aid the search. For public consumption, the official word was that Israel was “acting on the assumption that they’re alive.” It was, simply put, a lie.
    Read more: http://forward.com/articles/201764/h...#ixzz37YCksQGd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nor was that the only fib. It was clear from the beginning that the kidnappers weren’t acting on orders from Hamas leadership in Gaza or Damascus. Hamas’ Hebron branch — more a crime family than a clandestine organization — had a history of acting without the leaders’ knowledge, sometimes against their interests. Yet Netanyahu repeatedly insisted Hamas was responsible for the crime and would pay for it.

This put him in a ticklish position. His rhetoric raised expectations that after demolishing Hamas in the West Bank he would proceed to Gaza. Hamas in Gaza began preparing for it. The Israeli right — settler leaders, hardliners in his own party — began demanding it.

But Netanyahu had no such intention. The last attack on Gaza, the eight-day Operation Pillar of Defense in November 2012, targeted Hamas leaders and taught a sobering lesson. Hamas hadn’t fired a single rocket since, and had largely suppressed fire by smaller jihadi groups. Rocket firings, averaging 240 per month in 2007, dropped to five per month in 2013. Neither side had any desire to end the détente. Besides, whatever might replace Hamas in Gaza could only be worse.

The kidnapping and crackdown upset the balance. In Israel, grief and anger over the boys’ disappearance grew steadily as the fabricated mystery stretched into a second and third week. Rallies and prayer meetings were held across the country and in Jewish communities around the world. The mothers were constantly on television. One addressed the United Nations in Geneva to plead for her son’s return. Jews everywhere were in anguish over the unceasing threat of barbaric Arab terror plaguing Israel.

This, too, was misleading. The last seven years have been the most tranquil in Israel’s history. Terror attacks are a fraction of the level during the nightmare intifada years — just six deaths in all of 2013. But few notice. The staged agony of the kidnap search created, probably unintentionally, what amounts to a mass, worldwide attack of post-traumatic stress flashback.
    same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No . And this is coming from somebody who could give two s about arguing and siding in politics/media relations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So efforts were made to find the kidnappers.

The most relevant event occurring BEFORE the recent outbreak is Sisi taking power and shutting the supply lines and support of Hamas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So efforts were made to find the kidnappers.

The most relevant event occurring BEFORE the recent outbreak is Sisi taking power and shutting the supply lines and support of Hamas.
    LOL @ starting a War over the kidnapping of 3 regular citizens. Good thing Israel doesn't border Nigeria or Mexico

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ starting a War over the kidnapping of 3 regular citizens. Good thing Israel doesn't border Nigeria or Mexico
    Starting a war...

Do you have any idea how long this war has been going on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting a war...

Do you have any idea how long this war has been going on?
    Good point. Starting the slaughter of 200 innocent people

Why couldn't the Germans finish the job?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why couldn't the Germans finish the job?
    Because they got bloed up?
    They had a hot time in Dresden?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they got bloed up?
    They had a hot time in Dresden?
    Good point and now we have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point and now we have

Sure we do...

Jews live in your closet and come out of your closet at night.
    You gotta lotta baggage, Nazi.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I just think the media sides with Israel. You always hear about the death count in Israel but never about the death count in the West Bank or Gaza Strip. I know Palestine isn't innocent but innocent people die there too. Not every Palestinian is firing rockets or killing Israelis. Both sides have losses of life and blood on their hands.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I just think the media sides with Israel. You always hear about the death count in Israel but never about the death count in the West Bank or Gaza Strip. I know Palestine isn't innocent but innocent people die there too. Not every Palestinian is firing rockets or killing Israelis. Both sides have losses of life and blood on their hands.
    it's not that the media sides with them, they ARE the media. it's something like 98% jewish owned. only fox is owned and run by gentiles.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I know but it's just pathetic and blatantly obvious that it's propaganda. If you say that then you are called antisemitic. It's like Palestine=bad and Israel=good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The death count in Israel just reached 1 Jacob.

Im glad you were keeping up with zero, zero, zero... And the guy who died was helping feed Israeli soldiers just today. The Palestinian death and injured account is in most large US papers everyday. And it's huge compared to Israel's. But you have to try something other than the comic section.

Please say your are a teenager Jacob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know but it's just pathetic and blatantly obvious that it's propaganda. If you say that then you are called antisemitic. It's like Palestine=bad and Israel=good.
    Why do you think events like 9/11 occur? Because the USA backs & funds these radicals to murder 200 innocent people in the span of 5 days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think events like 9/11 occur? Because the USA backs & funds these radicals to murder 200 innocent people in the span of 5 days
    Deeper.

Its total rejection of a Western values.
    You know the scantily clad women in SS uniforms you like so much.
    Well, you can't do that stuff in a fundamentalist society.

And your grief for the Palestinians is touching, and total BS.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I know I'm beating a dead horse but this is just mind boggling. I know it's true but , this is propaganda and no one ever gets called out on it.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Every single major news organization has reported the number of Palestinian dead. How about we talk about Hamas rejecting a cease-fire brokered by Egypt? One that Isreal had agreed to. What about that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For jacob

A graphic is in the article so you can keep up with the deaths:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/wo...=top-news&_r=0

Thread Information