Post Count
    341 murdered in Palestine. Who cares about planes in Ukraine
    150,000 dead in Syria and Iraq...

continue Nazi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maddow has several segments on the crash, a lots of context, history, covering it deeper than I bet any other news source.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    150,000 dead in Syria and Iraq...

continue Nazi.
    All places with direct American involvement

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All places with direct American involvement
    All places with a history of violence way before the US.
    Look up the city of Hama and what the elder Assad did there.
    20,000 dead, in 4 days. He leveled the entire city.

And quit acting like you care, they are all subhuman to you, Nazi.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    By what metric? Economic Growth?
    by not committing genocide against their own people in the name of cuckoldry and cultural marxism

off WEAK ASS

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin has stepped in the . Bound to happen.

So it will be interesting who he axes in the Kremlin. The fall guy. Or what group convinced him of this stupidity.
    Still refusing to let investigators on site for any meaningful look. Europe will be forced to do something. The Dutch are POed. Russia steps deeper into a cesspool of economic fecal matter.

The idiots are trying to use the crash victims credit cards...
    Unleash the professionals. We will protect the site... SMH
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-19-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ethnic Russians and very probably Russian military denying access to Ukraine and other investigators.

probably removing, destroying all evidence that would convict Russian hardware, or evidence of a rocket hit.

Mucky muck in the insurgents said all the bodies were already dead, dried, so the crash was Ukraine shooting down a dummy plane to put the blame on insurgents, Russia.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the Cold War, the U.S. Department of Defense has had a multibillion-dollar space-based system to provide early warning forintercontinental ballistic missiles.

"It is a very, very precise system that has constant coverage, especially over Russia and Ukraine," said Riki Ellison, founder of the Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance.

Starting in the 1970s, the Pentagon has launched a series of high-al ude satellites with Earth-facing infrared telescopes as part of its Defense Support Program, or DSP. That constellation has kept a continuous watch on the planet for the hot plumes of exhaust from missiles to warn the military and intelligence communities about possible strikes and battlefield threats.

In the past few years, DSP has undergone a major upgrade, becoming the Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS), with the launch of bettersatellites that can detect faint missiles faster.

SBIRS now includes two geosynchronous Earth orbit (GEO) satellites, built by Lockheed Martin, that are each hover above an unchanging spot on planet, more than 22,000 miles (35,400 kilometers) high. (For comparison, the International Space Station orbits at an average al ude of about 248 miles, or 400 km). The first of those satellites, dubbed GEO-1, launched from Cape Canaveral in May 2011. Lockheed Martin recently announced that it won a $1.86 billion Air Force contract to complete the fifth and sixth GEO satellites as part of SBIRS.

It's likely that the strike on MH17 showed up as an alarming blip on screens at Buckley Air Force Base in Colorado where those data from the SBIRS is processed. The detection is precise enough to detect where a missile was fired from and what kind of missile it was.

"Each missile has a different signature plume," Ellison said.

Ellison told Space.com that other military satellites in the region probably would have been alerted to gather further information to be provided to the U.S. European Command.

http://www.livescience.com/46878-mil...adline+Feed%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is an interesting thought. However, Putin could also be testing the waters to see just how much he could get away with. Thus far, he really hasn't been punished for stealing Crimea. Everyone knows he wants eastern Ukraine next.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron Paul defends Putin over downed Malaysian plane: He’s ‘smarter than that’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/20/ron-paul-defends-putin-over-downed-malaysian-plane-hes-smarter-than-that/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US says recordings of Ukraine rebels admitting MH17 downing ‘authentic’

Alleged intercepted phone conversations released by Ukraine’s security service of pro-Russian rebels discussing how they shot down Malaysian airliner MH17 are genuine, the US embassy in Kiev said Sunday.

Ukraine’s SBU security agency on Thursday released recordings of what it claimed were phone talks involving rebels and a Russian military intelligence officer admitting that they had hit the passenger jet after mistaking it for a military aircraft.

The recordings were presented as key evidence to back up Kiev’s claims that rebels — supported by Russia — downed the jet while the separatists accused Ukraine’s army of being responsible.

“Audio data provided to the press by the Ukrainian security service was evaluated by Intelligence Community analysts who confirmed these were authentic conversations between known separatist leaders,” the US embassy in Ukraine said in a statement.

In one of the recordings a rebel commander nicknamed the “Major” says rebels shot down the plane and tells a disbelieving comrade that the jet is “100 percent a civilian aircraft.”

On Sunday Ukraine’s security agency released a fresh batch of alleged leaked conversations of rebels organising to hide the flight’s black boxes from international monitors at the crash site.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/20/us-says-recordings-of-ukraine-rebels-admitting-mh17-downing-authentic/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it's all true. For future reference, you can always tell that something is true when there is no reliable evidence to support it and lot's of evidence to disprove it. That's the CIA at work using facts and evidence to trick the sheeple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Short version: Airlines rely on regulators and national and international bodies to tell them about airspace they should avoid. Absent such warnings, airspace is presumptively legal and safe for transit. MH17 was following the rules by staying out of no-fly and warning zones. A terrible crime and disaster occurred, but that is not Malaysia Air's fault.

Shorter still: According to Spiegel (German version here), while some airlines, including Air France, had changed their routes to avoid Ukraine, most did not. Many other airlines took a path similar to the one on which MH17 was shot down, notably including Lufthansa. Here is Spiegel's chart of how many planes had gone this way in the week before yesterday's disaster;

Airlines that have recently flown most often across Ukraine. Four others come before Malaysia Air. Lufthansa, as flag carrier for that paragon of efficiency, Germany, had taken the route more often than did Malaysia Air. So too (according to Spiegel, with data from FlightRadar.com) with Singapore Airlines, famously high-end and responsible airline. Any of them could have met the fate that tragically befell the 298 people on MH17. Indeed, also according to Spiegel, some other first-world airliners were not far from MH17 when it was shot down. Somehow I suspect that if it had been a Lufthansa plane that was attacked, there would be fewer starting-point assumptions that the carrier had somehow been cutting corners at the cost of its passengers' safety. (Thanks to Chua Chin Hon of the Straits Times for noticing this graphic.)
    http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...rlines/374713/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stone on stone goes clunk, clunk...
    Thing more along the lines of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, there are limitations to what U.S. spy satellites can see. But the Buk missiles are about 16 feet long and they are usually mounted on trucks or tanks. Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 also went down during the afternoon, not at night, meaning the missile battery was not concealed by darkness.

What I’ve been told by one source, who has provided accurate information on similar matters in the past, is that U.S. intelligence agencies do have detailed satellite images of the likely missile battery that launched the fateful missile, but the battery appears to have been under the control of Ukrainian government troops dressed in what look like Ukrainian uniforms.

The source said CIA analysts were still not ruling out the possibility that the troops were actually eastern Ukrainian rebels in similar uniforms but the initial assessment was that the troops were Ukrainian soldiers. There also was the suggestion that the soldiers involved were undisciplined and possibly drunk, since the imagery showed what looked like beer bottles scattered around the site, the source said.

http://consortiumnews.com/2014/07/20...ee-in-ukraine/

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it was the Ukranians all along. "Told you so" - Russia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool. Thanks. I learned something new.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually had a manager at Work state "They are trying to figure out if it was the Bad Guys"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    topically related:

Fury and frustration still mount over the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, and justly so. But before accusing Russian President Vladimir Putin of war crimes or dismissing the entire episode as a tragic fluke, it’s worth looking back at another doomed passenger plane—Iran Air Flight 655—shot down on July 3, 1988, not by some scruffy rebel on contested soil but by a U.S. Navy captain in command of an Aegis-class cruiser called the Vincennes.

A quarter-century later, the Vincennes is almost completely forgotten, but it still ranks as the world’s seventh deadliest air disaster (Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 is the sixth) and one of the Pentagon’s most inexcusable disgracees.

In several ways, the two calamities are similar. The Malaysian Boeing 777 wandered into a messy civil war in eastern Ukraine, near the Russian border; the Iranian Airbus A300 wandered into a naval skirmish—one of many clashes in the ongoing “Tanker War” (another forgotten conflict)—in the Strait of Hormuz. The likely pro-Russia rebel thought that he was shooting at a Ukrainian military-transport plane; the U.S. Navy captain, Will Rogers III, mistook the Airbus for an F-14 fighter jet.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._tried_to.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "mistook the Airbus for an F-14 fighter jet."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russian s ing, local fighting, hinder investigation of the crash site: http://www.thewire.com/global/2014/0...h-site/375117/

Thread Information