Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    That's the law.

And I don't think about shooting someone every day. You have to. You make yourself. I will never live that way
    I've been around guns a long time, you obviously haven't. We view them quite differently. You are provably afraid to even touch one for fear of it shooting you on it's own. I don't look at my gun and think about having to kill someone. You're projecting quite a bit.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The seat belt comparison is almost as bad as WC's car argument. No one in the history of humankind could ever reasonably make the statement "I feel less safe with a seat belt on me." People don't accidentally kill people with seat belts.

If you feel more protected with a gun, that's fine. Plenty of people don't feel safer with a gun in the home, and that's fine too.
    Don't think you quite followed Chump and I. But yes, agree with the last part.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been around guns a long time, you obviously haven't.
    Sure I have. Used guns a fair amount when I was younger. Received them as gifts. Never felt the need to keep them by my bedside ever.
    We view them quite differently. You are provably afraid to even touch one for fear of it shooting you on it's own.
    Wrong. You and I view the world quite differently. You go to bed every night preparing yourself for an attack. I just go to bed.
    I don't look at my gun and think about having to kill someone. You're projecting quite a bit.
    Nope. That's the only reason you keep moving it in and out of your safe. There is no other possible reason other than readying yourself to kill someone every time you do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you lock your doors when you go to bed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you lock your doors when you go to bed?
    Do you think the analogy will fail less if you try it five times?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think the analogy will fail less if you try it five times?
    I think you'll never answer for obvious reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you'll never answer for obvious reasons.
    Yes. I lock doors.

My locks aren't designed to kill people.

Guns are.

Therefore your analogy fails.

Five times.

We've been over this.

Oine who takes a gun out of a safe and put it in his nightstand every night is preparing to kill someone every night.

A person who merely locks a door every night is not preparing to kill someone every night.

You will never admit this for obvious reasons.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Wrong. You and I view the world quite differently. You go to bed every night preparing yourself for an attack. I just go to bed.
    I'm sure you lock your doors and set your alarm system if you have one no? You prepare yourself for an attack every night as well, I'm just better prepared.

Nope. That's the only reason you keep moving it in and out of your safe. There is no other possible reason other than readying yourself to kill someone every time you do it.
    I put it in a safe before I leave so if my house is broken into while I'm gone my guns are not stolen and in the hands of criminals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure you lock your doors and set your alarm system if you have one no? You prepare yourself for an attack every night as well, I'm just better prepared.
    Prepared to kill someone. Every night.

I put it in a safe before I leave so if my house is broken into while I'm gone my guns are not stolen and in the hands of criminals.
    And you take it out every night to prepare to kill someone.

Why are you trying to deny this? Pretty weak of you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty weak that you lock your doors thereby acknowledging the threat but you're not willing to acknowledge anything happening past the locked door.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty weak that you lock your doors thereby acknowledging the threat but you're not willing to acknowledge anything happening past the locked door.
    Of course something could happen past the door. I just don't obsess over it to the point I prepare to kill someone every night before going to bed.

Why is this so difficult for the gun sleepers to admit?

Keep trying det analogy.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

I've never denied that.

Why do you lock your doors at night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never denied that.
    So why do you keep trying to equate it to locking doors?

Why do you lock your doors at night?
    Obviously to kill anyone who tries to get in, genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course something could happen past the door. I just don't obsess over it to the point I prepare to kill someone every night before going to bed.

Why is this so difficult for the gun sleepers to admit?

Keep trying det analogy.
    I think you're obsessing over it more than most gun owners.
    I own smoke detectors AND a fire extinguisher. But I don't prepare to put out a fire every night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're obsessing over it more than most gun owners.
    Nope. Just driving a point home. If they accepted it and didn't try deflecting with failed analogies, I wouldn't repeat myself.

I own smoke detectors AND a fire extinguisher. But I don't prepare to put out a fire every night.
    If you took out the fire extinguisher and kept it by your bedside every night, you would be.

Nice try though. At least you moved on from door locks.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So why do you keep trying to equate it to locking doors?
    You lock your doors for the same reason I lock my doors. I just have a plan for if the locks don't stop them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lock your doors for the same reason I lock my doors. I just have a plan for if the locks don't stop them.
    I lock the doors more to keep stuff from getting stolen when i'm gone. I often leave the door unlocked when I'm here. I would never kill someone over some stuff. You prepare to kill someone every night.

Good for you.

I don't feel the need.

If I get murdered in my apartment, I'll put it in my will to have someone post lol me here. Then you can claim scoreboard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Just driving a point home. If they accepted it and didn't try deflecting with failed analogies, I wouldn't repeat myself.

If you took out the fire extinguisher and kept it by your bedside every night, you would be.

Nice try though. At least you moved on from door locks.
    You lock your doors every night to be prepared for a break in. Would you say you prepare every night to have your home invaded?
    I have a gun but don't pull it out and have it by my bed. So, if someone did break it, I acknowledge that I wouldn't be as prepared as Sanity.
    But being more prepared does not equate with preparing to kill someone. But you know that. You're trying to turn this into a semantic argument
    which you always tend to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lock your doors every night to be prepared for a break in. Would you say you prepare every night to have your home invaded?
    See above.

I have a gun but don't pull it out and have it by my bed. So, if someone did break it, I acknowledge that I wouldn't be as prepared as Sanity.
    Great. You are less prepared to kill someone.

But being more prepared does not equate with preparing to kill someone. But you know that. You're trying to turn this into a semantic argument
    which you always tend to do.
    Sure, it means actively preparing to kill someone. For some reason gun owners are uncomfortable with calling it what it is and go out of their way to deflect with lock and alarm and fire extinguisher analogies

It's not a big deal. You're making it a big deal by trying to deny it. Which gun owners always tend to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See above.

Great. You are less prepared to kill someone.

Sure, it means actively preparing to kill someone. For some reason gun owners are uncomfortable with calling it what it is and go out of their way to deflect with lock and alarm and fire extinguisher analogies

It's not a big deal. You're making it a big deal by trying to deny it. Which gun owners always tend to do.
    Gun owners are usually on the defensive because gun control advocates paint with a broad brush.

Gotta put this on hold so I can go prepare not to starve to death.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gun owners are usually on the defensive because gun control advocates paint with a broad brush.
    Kind of emo there.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I lock the doors more to keep stuff from getting stolen when i'm gone. I often leave the door unlocked when I'm here. I would never kill someone over some stuff. You prepare to kill someone every night.

Good for you.

I don't feel the need.

If I get murdered in my apartment, I'll put it in my will to have someone post lol me here. Then you can claim scoreboard.
    When did I ever say I'd kill someone over some "stuff"? My firearm is to protect me from a threat. A guy stealing stuff from my house is not a threat unless he comes after me. I assume most would be burglars would likely flee when there is a flashlight with a gun attached to it pointing at them. If they do come at me though, dead burglar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did I ever say I'd kill someone over some "stuff"?
    I never said you did, but thank you for clearly stating your reasons for preparing to kill someone every night.

So defensive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. I lock doors.

My locks aren't designed to kill people.

Guns are.

Therefore your analogy fails.

Five times.

We've been over this.

Oine who takes a gun out of a safe and put it in his nightstand every night is preparing to kill someone every night.

A person who merely locks a door every night is not preparing to kill someone every night.

You will never admit this for obvious reasons.
    Thanks for acknowledging that you do incorporate paranoia into your daily routine. Must suck preparing to be killed every night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for acknowledging that you do incorporate paranoia into your daily routine. Must suck preparing to be killed every night.
    In what way am I actively preparing to be killed?

Be specific.

Thread Information