Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Someone uploaded this one like 22 hours ago

Game 3, 2001

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone remembers his near quadruple double in the closer against the Nets in 03
    Game 1 of that series was a beast of a game and a better game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks guys, now I'll be watching old Spurs videos all night.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Game 3, 2001

That was such a frustrating game. Duncan had 25 at the half and he and Daniels were the only Spurs who showed up that game. David Robinson committed a stupid foul to get his third in the third quarter, complained to the ref while the Lakers inbounded the ball, and then fouled Horace Grant to keep from getting an open layup when the ball was inbounded to him. Lakers went on a big run with Robinson out of the game with 4 fouls of course. Then Phil Jackson got ejected and walked the long way around the court while staring daggers at Shaq and Kobe and they proceeded to destroy the Spurs. Duncan was going 1 on 4 at times in the fourth because it was obvious no one else on the Spurs was going to do .

That was Game 2 though.

Horrible series as a Spurs fan. I remember after the sweep I was watching the LA postgame coverage and they went and interviewed Derek Anderson and he started ing about money to the ing LA press.

And Avery Johnson had to excuse himself from the interview; I remember him just turning around after 3 or 4 questions. Pretty brutal to watch as a Spurs fan.

SMH @ Antonio Daniels guarding Kobe Bryant
    Last edited by baseline bum; 07-31-2014 at 09:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have that video of TD killing Portland in 2000 after Robinson got ejected?
    , I used to have that full game until I had a hard drive die. Should have RAID'ed that tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was such a frustrating game. Duncan had 25 at the half and he and Daniels were the only Spurs who showed up that game. David Robinson committed a stupid foul to get his third in the third quarter, complained to the ref while the Lakers inbounded the ball, and then fouled Horace Grant to keep from getting an open layup when the ball was inbounded to him. Lakers went on a big run with Robinson out of the game with 4 fouls of course. Then Phil Jackson got ejected and walked the long way around the court while staring daggers at Shaq and Kobe and they proceeded to destroy the Spurs. Duncan was going 1 on 4 at times in the fourth because it was obvious no one else on the Spurs was going to do .

That was Game 2 though.

Horrible series as a Spurs fan. I remember after the sweep I was watching the LA postgame coverage and they went and interviewed Derek Anderson and he started ing about money to the ing LA press.

And Avery Johnson had to excuse himself from the interview; I remember him just turning around after 3 or 4 questions. Pretty brutal to watch as a Spurs fan.

SMH @ Antonio Daniels guarding Kobe Bryant
    But but but the Spurs always had the stacked team against the Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved this series. I remember after Parker destroyed the summer league the Sonics were offering Payton to the Spurs for Tony, Malik Rose, and salary cap filler, and Payton badly wanted the trade to happen. There were a few really vocal Spursreport posters who wanted that deal done ASAP and were mad as the Spurs turned it down, so it was pretty awesome to see 19 year-old Parker destroy Payton in Game 3 and outplay him in another game or two that series. Could you imagine trading Hall of Famer Parker for a Payton whose game went downhill so fast. LOL Spurs fans were calling him The Mitten after rookie Parker was ting all over him that series, and his defense just kept getting worse and worse from there. That series was the turning point where Payton entered TOSB status. Can't believe they got Ray Allen for him in that trade with Milwaukee the next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But but but the Spurs always had the stacked team against the Lakers
    Fox just all over Ferry in that WCF. Danny Ferry was shooting lights out in the first two rounds, but he could never get a decent shot off against Fox. Ferry's release was so low as long as you kept someone in reasonable close out distance he was useless, which tells you how much better a coach Phil Jackson was than Don Nelson or Flip Saunders. And then Terry Porter couldn't hit even when wide open and couldn't guard Fisher, and Daniels was a complete disaster trying to guard Bryant. That was such a horrible defensive team, starting Terry Porter, Antonio Daniels, and Danny Ferry. Still, Ferry more than redeemed himself with a huge Game 2 against Phoenix in 03 down 0-1 with Robinson out for the game and Willis suspended (for a great elbow to the neck against Scott Williams )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was after his father passed away and Malik dropped 28/13 filling in for him in a loss. Says a bit about his obvious love for basketball when his father can pass and a few days later messes around and gets a triple double.

at TP2's set shot 3pters also.

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Everyone remembers his near quadruple double in the closer against the Nets in 03
    Game 1 of that series was a beast of a game and a better game

Lol that was one of the first vids I uploaded to youtube, I was so bad back then lol

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Also at the same time I had uploaded this, his game 3 vs Dallas 34/24/6/6

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I took a moment the other day to watch the highlights of this series on Youtube (I was very young when it took place so I don't remember it very well, only that Latrell Spreewell was the devil according to my dad). But anyways, while watching, I was shocked at how offensively challenged we seemed to be. I've gone back and watched the 03 Championship highlights too, and it's the same thing. Throw the ball in the post, and let Duncan go to work. I can see now how the Spurs got the mantra of being boring, I mean, even the highlights were boring. Seriously, the scores were in the 70's every game. I shudder to think what today's 2014 Spurs woould have done to that 99 team, or the 2003 one. We didn't seem to be a very good team, and yet I remember the Lakers were incredible during those years, and somehow we got past them, so...maybe we were.

Duncan was getting 10x the touches he was back then than he is today. and it's not just because he was younger. It was truly a different NBA. Role players were just that--guys who stood around the key with the sole objective of spacing the floor and allowing the stars to go to work. IMO, the basketball IQ on the offensive end has skyrocketed since then, and the NBA is much better to watch. It's no wonder to me now that Jordan won 6 Championships when the concept of team basketball had yet to be invented yet. It was an era where the best player in the NBA won the Championship and that was it. Not so anymore.
    All the teams in the 90s were offensively challenged. Chicago scored in the 80s regularly. New York and Miami used to just beat the out of teams physically. No one ran, everyone played conservative half court offenses and there was tons of contact allowed on the perimeter. But the NBA was fine with it as long as Chicago was winning les. Once the Spurs won the NBA went and completely opened up the game for guards the next year, which ing sucked when the Spurs starting guards were Avery Johnson and Mario Elie. The 99-00 rule changes turned Mario Elie from a quality shooting guard to a complete liability overnight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was after his father passed away and Malik dropped 28/13 filling in for him in a loss. Says a bit about his obvious love for basketball when his father can pass and a few days later messes around and gets a triple double.

at TP2's set shot 3pters also.
    Holy , that outlet pass to Bowen. I think the 02 Spurs were my favorite non le team of all time. It was Duncan's best year, Bowen singlehandedly turned the Spurs from the worst perimeter defense in the league to one of the best, 19 year old Tony Parker who was only supposed to play 15 minutes a night became the starter and showed he was an all-star talent, Malik Rose became one of the best backup bigs in the league, and Spiderman Charles Smith was such a jack of all trades. I remember him destroying Jordan on TNT that year. If only Ginobili would have come one year earlier and Robinson's back could have held up that team could have rang. But even losing in 5, you could tell this was a completely new Spurs team capable of winning it all, unlike the 00 and 01 teams that were so old.

That summer was so awesome too. With Stephen Jackson murdering summer league I had hope for him taking a lot of ty Steve Smith's minutes. And then of course Manu finally coming over. I remember thinking he'd be another Vince Carter from watching his games at Kinder, but he turned out way better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also at the same time I had uploaded this, his game 3 vs Dallas 34/24/6/6

Insane.. I think some people have forgotten just how great he was in his heyday.. He literally in that game is controlling the entire game. Offense, defense, rebounding, leadership he had it all..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol that was one of the first vids I uploaded to youtube, I was so bad back then lol
    You should upload the entire games man! That would be awesome. Maybe as a torrent or something. I would really appreciate it.

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count

Just found this one from 1999, the closeout game vs the Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Videos of Duncan from '97 to '99 look so much different than any other time, even during his prime from 2002 and 2003, tbh..he looks so agile and athletic, I think even Spurs fans tend to forget his physical attributes earlier in his career..everybody is so accustomed to labelling him as "unathletic" and "robotic", but he was actually extremely agile for a big man during his early years..

It's also sad that non-Spurs fans have forgotten Robinson's impact during those years, which allowed Duncan to focus more on offense(even though Tim was obviously great defensively, too)..Robinson was easily one of the 3-5 best defenders in NBA history..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just found this one from 1999, the closeout game vs the Lakers
    That up-and-under move at 1:10

Making Shaq look like a piece of

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    15/20/10 triple double game 6 vs suns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Gotta love the Suns CGA court colors in 03.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember watching the Charlie Rose show after Game 2, 1999 finals. I think Peter Vescey was reporting from San Antonio and they were discussing Tim Duncan's play in the finals. Both Vescey & Rose were all over Duncan's calm demeanor & play.

Vescey also pulled the Malone card and said Duncan got robbed of the Reg season MVP. Gotta love Vescey/Malone feud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Videos of Duncan from '97 to '99 look so much different than any other time, even during his prime from 2002 and 2003, tbh..he looks so agile and athletic, I think even Spurs fans tend to forget his physical attributes earlier in his career..everybody is so accustomed to labelling him as "unathletic" and "robotic", but he was actually extremely agile for a big man during his early years..

It's also sad that non-Spurs fans have forgotten Robinson's impact during those years, which allowed Duncan to focus more on offense(even though Tim was obviously great defensively, too)..Robinson was easily one of the 3-5 best defenders in NBA history..
    Tim was agile but i didn't think he was that athletic even back then. He never monkey balled even in his rookie year. He however was an amazing rebounder.

Tim was also one of the very few who was never in awe of Jordan back then. I remember he was a big Magic fan entering the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Game 3, 2001

@3:15

Tim was such a beast when he still had speed.

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    2008 Game 1 vs Suns 40/15/5

Thread Information