Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

?Im all about having fun... But all these chicks crack me up!
    Would f#ck the girl in the black and green skirt and Predator hair tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still believe Spurs will waive Ayres and re-sign Baynes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the Spurs are trying to trade him first? Don't know how you'd go about calling other GMs about it though, especially after Summer League, as I'm sure most of the GMs would have seen him play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion would up the spurs spacing. Pass

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the Spurs are trying to trade him first? Don't know how you'd go about calling other GMs about it though, especially after Summer League, as I'm sure most of the GMs would have seen him play.
    I'm sure they are, but it's pretty inevitable Spurs would have to give up an asset(s) in order to get a team to take on Ayres -- kind of like how they had to include Scola's rights to get rid of Jackie Butler.

Not very wise to give away assets to get rid of Ayres, when they can just waive him without any severe/significant repercussions (they're well under luxury tax, with the MLE available to use even after they re-sign Baynes).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wouldn't give the full MLE for marion...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Marion still has it. He shut down Parker for like the first 3 games or so. Mavs should try to keep him for less. But he would be a great backup for Leonard.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to get Marion. Dude is still an elite defender and he can play small ball PF or SF. Like some guys said, he can defend Lebron or durant when Kawhi is in foul trouble.
    He shoots like chit. but he's only going to be taken open shots anyways. Like I have said earlier, we went 8-8 when Kawhi was hurt, but not only because Kawhi is a very great player,
    but that we didn't have an actual backup SF and it exposed us. That was our only problem last season. 8 mil for 2 years I would do. This guy is still a starter at 30mpg. He would beast at 20mpg.
    And he is a vet so you know he won't shrink in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you guys give Marion the full MLE for one season or for 2 seasons with a TO for the second season? That's the only way I'd consider signing him.

If he wants it guaranteed for more than one season, then I am not really interested in that.

I'm not sure if any of the remaining free agents are worth the full MLE. Possibly Marion, not sure if anyone else is worth it though. What do you guys think in regards to the remaining free agents?

If the Spurs were to cut Ayres, do you guys think that Marion can fill in at backup PF?
    I would take Blatche for the MLE in a heartbeat....

...if he were happy with ~24 minutes a night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion's stats were decent last year but his PER and WS/48 both dropped heavily, and he'll be what, 36 going into next season?

...and Manu is STILL the backup SF. I don't understand where people think Marion's minutes would come from unless you've given up on Beli and want him to sit on the bench for $ next year.

TP/(Patty)/Cojo
    Green/Beli/Manu/(Patty)
    Leonard/Manu/Green
    Duncan/Diaw/Bonner
    Splitter/Baynes/Ayres

If Patty were healthy and Bonner/Ayres weren't stealing money, the hole in that rotation is very obviously at backup 5.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion's stats were decent last year but his PER and WS/48 both dropped heavily, and he'll be what, 36 going into next season?

...and Manu is STILL the backup SF. I don't understand where people think Marion's minutes would come from unless you've given up on Beli and want him to sit on the bench for $ next year.

TP/(Patty)/Cojo
    Green/Beli/Manu/(Patty)
    Leonard/Manu/Green
    Duncan/Diaw/Bonner
    Splitter/Baynes/Ayres

If Patty were healthy and Bonner/Ayres weren't stealing money, the hole in that rotation is very obviously at backup 5.
    Marion is the primary defender for his teams. Of course his per and ws/48 would be low. And for the last time, Manu is not a backup SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion is the primary defender for his teams. Of course his per and ws/48 would be low. And for the last time, Manu is not a backup SF.
    Read.

I didn't say they were low, I said they dropped. As in, he had career lows in PER and WS/48 last year.

Read.

And Manu and Marco were our backup SG/SF last year. IDGAF what you want to call either of them.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read.

I didn't say they were low, I said they dropped. As in, he had career lows in PER and WS/48 last year.

Read.

And Manu and Marco were our backup SG/SF last year. IDGAF what you want to call either of them.
    I call them bandaids. Not a long term solution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I call them bandaids. Not a long term solution.
    But 36 year old Shawn Marion is a solution?

lolwut

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But 36 year old Shawn Marion is a solution?

lolwut
    For a season or 2 yeah. He did play great in the playoffs.
    Did you not miss that or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a season or 2 yeah. He did play great in the playoffs.
    Did you not miss that or something?
    I did in fact "not miss that".

He shot 22% from three and the Mavericks were were better with him off the court. And that's with Vince Carter and Jae Crowder replacing him.

This is too easy I'm gonna quit now

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did in fact "not miss that".

He shot 22% from three and the Mavericks were were better with him off the court. And that's with Vince Carter and Jae Crowder replacing him.

This is too easy I'm gonna quit now
    You grab a specific statline and pat yourself on the back.

Fact is he played great and we went to 7 vs the Mavs and you can't deny that.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before anyone starts bringing up ws/48 and per, Boris Diaw had an actual negative ws/48 in the regular season and playoffs before he joined the spurs.
    Shawn Marion can also be that type of player that can benefit by playing with the Spurs. Experience is key here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind the move but , I really don't care too much about the possibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a one year deal, this fossilized relic would make sense I suppose. But otherwise, meh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before anyone starts bringing up ws/48 and per, Boris Diaw had an actual negative ws/48 in the regular season and playoffs before he joined the spurs.
    Shawn Marion can also be that type of player that can benefit by playing with the Spurs. Experience is key here.
    You do realize that WS/48 is ACTUALLY based on wins, right? If you have a negative WS/48 on a team like Charlotte, that's not necessarily bad, but on a WC playoff team like Dallas? Not so good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You grab a specific statline and pat yourself on the back.

Fact is he played great and we went to 7 vs the Mavs and you can't deny that.
    Advanced stats say other wise.

P.E.R-12.5
    Win Shares Per 48 Minutes-.52 (.100 is league average)
    Net Rtg- -6

its worse than his regular season numbers.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that WS/48 is ACTUALLY based on wins, right? If you have a negative WS/48 on a team like Charlotte, that's not necessarily bad, but on a WC playoff team like Dallas? Not so good.
    WS are wins produced by the team. WS/48 is per 48 and not all players can play 48(ex. manu)
    You do know Marion is primarily a defender right? He makes Bruce Bowen look like trash if you compare their adv. numbers like PER and WS/48.
    You do know winshares is not a catch-all-productivity-stat to a team right?
    All I'm saying is if you come at me with stats and no context, you're not doing it right then.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Advanced stats say other wise.

P.E.R-12.5
    Win Shares Per 48 Minutes-.52 (.100 is league average)
    Net Rtg- -6

its worse than his regular season numbers.
    Why did we pick up boris? Dam those stats without context.

Thread Information