Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could care less what you hate, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The three previous posts make too much sense and have no place in the universe of ST discourse.
    Yup.

It's no surprise when you consider the fact that most people subscribe to a moral system from the stone age.
    Indeed.

Just put them on ignore dude, seriously. You're a good poster and if you leave, it just increases the ratio of bad to good posters. Spurstalk used to be an amazing place to talk hoop, probably the best on the entire ing Internet. Don't let some trolls and salty Lakers fans ruin that for you.
    Thanks. I won't leave, but I'm not going to post like I used to either. Probably good for basketball-life balance anyway.

Well at least we have casual politically correct drones who are offended at every colorful phrase. The fact is, as a general matter, a male NBA player should not shoot like the average girl, average girl being defined by reference to the largest distribution of shot releases among a random sample in the United States taken in the last 30 days.

But you would have people talk like this instead of using the more colorful phrase, thereby discouraging creative expression and contributing to a dull and milquetoast world.
    "Shoots like a girl" is well down the scale of casual misogyny, and could be considered descriptive if you look at it in the right context. I don't really have a major problem with it as Marion's release is similar to that of many female basketballers. However, you could have come up with something more creative - "shoots like a girl" is a bit obvious.

What I was really reacting to was not your post but the frequent, casual and often abusive use of terms like " got" and " " and " / " around ST these days. The fact that I find casual use of these terms offensive and degrading to a large percentage of the human population is not "political correctness", it is basic human respect and decency. I object to stereotyping people on the basis of their race, sex or sexuality, and a casual use of these terms to denigrate people who are of other races, or women, or sexual, is base and unnecessary. Note that I am NOT accusing you of this for your "shoots like a girl" post, although if you were not being descriptive and were instead using that phrase as a denigration of women, I do object to it. Women are not less then men, and it's about time men all around the world realised this.

Also this has nothing to do with creating "a dull and milquetoast world", because the terms described above and frequently used on ST are the easiest course when feeling frustrated or being abusive - they are not creative or insightful, nor are they humourous. I would far prefer the abuse and frustration to be creative and interesting than to have to continually read the phobic, misogynistic and racist inner monologues of many of the current crop of ST denizens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same. also hate when people say "i could care less"
    I could care less what you hate, tbh...
    Beat me to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't stand when people say irregardless.
    You should educate him then, instead of just ing about it. Regardless of your malcontent and irrespective of his intelligence level, it's the right thing to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just looking at Marion's shooting form. He has the right concept, he just shoots it from his chest instead of over his head, lol I understand the importance of quick release but sheeesh....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [/B]Don't hate Baynes and am not in love with Marion but Marion is still better than Baynes and would favor him over Baynes for the 15th spot.
    Forget that sign Marion and Baynes and get rid of Errors or Daye!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget that sign Marion and Baynes and get rid of Errors or Daye!
    Both will be on the roster,unfortunately, baring something unforeseen (like waiving either) Marion fills more of a need than Baynes does. A combo forward (over the hill and probably and bit expensive for my taste)

Neither Baynes nor Ayers adds rim protection or much else (Baynes is a very good rebounder though).

I'd rather see Manu/Cojo-Beli-Marion/Manu- Diaw and Ayers to start next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Marion working but dont think itll happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just end this stupid thread before it goes 80 or so pages of nonsense knowing damn well we are done for the summer sides maybe some guy we sign who will not play. Spurs are champs as is and got all their key parts back, Marion or so being rumored here is just that and b.s. and he will sign somewhere else and we all know it...... Spurs will be fine, all these rumored top two options or favoring Spurs is just that, . We all have learned this by now right? I guess not since idiots still entertain this crap every offseason, good lord.

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just end this stupid thread before it goes 80 or so pages of nonsense knowing damn well we are done for the summer sides maybe some guy we sign who will not play. Spurs are champs as is and got all their key parts back, Marion or so being rumored here is just that and b.s. and he will sign somewhere else and we all know it...... Spurs will be fine, all these rumored top two options or favoring Spurs is just that, . We all have learned this by now right? I guess not since idiots still entertain this crap every offseason, good lord.
    yeah... I am a fan. I am not employed by the spurs. My opinion will have no ing affect on what the front office does, so if I want to make this thread 80 pages i will. All you ing assholes always want to prove who is the better spurs fan... Well I say me, because I am alright accepting delusions... Because I am a ing fan. Jesus Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having Shawn Marion is a huge plus for the Spurs, but why fix something that is working perfectly fine? Even if Spurs do use MLE to sign Shawn Marion, it's going to be a dilemma how to use him in the rotation come next season, and can essentially mess up the rotation that has been pretty stellar this past season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not coming to San Antonio. Houston has better night life, more wannabe thugs on their team, and players that talk trash after dunking on people and those are all things that matter to most players outside of the Spurs these days. End of story.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah... I am a fan. I am not employed by the spurs. My opinion will have no ing affect on what the front office does, so if I want to make this thread 80 pages i will. All you ing assholes always want to prove who is the better spurs fan... Well I say me, because I am alright accepting delusions... Because I am a ing fan. Jesus Christ.
    Amen Brother!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats great and this does not void the truth that we won't usually sign people who are rumored or we are so called top recruiters though! That is just a fact and has been for years and we all know it, hardly anyone will just come to the Spurs, thats not how they do it nor do names usually come here. The Spurs get key pieces and make a team, thats why they are who they are. I doubt Marion comes here and most of us doubt it, it's just a reality and we as fans know it. Why did you bother to point me out out of all people? I was just stating how these threads go a long way and some say I would take this or that and then some other player who is not even rumored to the Spurs and it goes on and on, very entertaining but not reality.

BTW I guess I came off as sort of an asshole on the above post so I will take that little jab, mostly though I see myself as a good fan and a realist in here and most in here don't have a problem with me nor do I try to offend others.

Delusions are just that to me though, heresay and Spurs favored to get so and so and then they go elsewhere even though they were the top runner for a day or so to land them. I think they just love using the Spurs name as leverage there, period.
    He's not coming to San Antonio. Houston has better night life, more wannabe thugs on their team, and players that talk trash after dunking on people and those are all things that matter to most players outside of the Spurs these days. End of story.
    I agree with you fully here, he is not coming to San Antonio, nor do I really give a lol. Spurs are fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea I really don't see him coming here, especially since he apparently has a few suitors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion won't come to SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its pretty sad when you're getting the MLE that you choose to go to a team that was bounced in the first round, rather than a team with all its parts in tact that just won the NBA le. Shows the lack of common sense to me.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2013 we didn't have a backup SF. That bit us in our ass. It wasn't a big problem this year, but you never know.
    Learn from your past mistakes. Anyone who doesn't want SM is a re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [/B]Don't hate Baynes and am not in love with Marion but Marion is still better than Baynes and would favor him over Baynes for the 15th spot.
    You can't really compare the two and say that one is better than the other because they play different positions. Now if you wanted to say who is more useful, than that's a different story bruh!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ daye still on the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't really compare the two and say that one is better than the other because they play different positions. Now if you wanted to say who is more useful, than that's a different story bruh!
    Sure but Marion is still more talented and would fill more of a need on the team. Baynes is kind of redundant considering Ayers does the same things, granted he is worse than Baynes.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion is not even a rumor, he is someone's speculation as far as I have heard, and I have not read anywhere yet that San Antonio was interested in him, rather that he was rumored to be interested in San Antonio.
    Who started a rumor that the Spurs were interested in him?

And it seems to me that if the Spurs have the MLE to spend and still be able to stay out of the luxury tax, then they could do a lot better than an old Marion with a suspect shooting form, than some other younger SF with more upside long term.

Thread Information