Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Misogynist much? I know it's a phrase, but the WNBA has some great shooters and they have excellent releases. It came off a little bad, and besides, it doesn't matter how he shoots it if it works for him, tbh. In his prime he was a deadly shooter, and even he still can go off (see game 2 of the Mavs/Spurs series).

I'd love to have Marion as a bench option, he's scrappy, has a solid offensive game, and plays solid D. I think he probably signs with the Rockets, though, cause he'll likely have a bigger role there. I would think we'd have the best offseason of any team in the league if we find a way to bring Marion aboard.
    This place is full of casual misogynists, phobes and racists, one of the reasons I don't hang around nearly as much. It's a pity that so many people can't communicate without denigrating the Other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This place is full of casual misogynists, phobes and racists, one of the reasons I don't hang around nearly as much. It's a pity that so many people can't communicate without denigrating the Other.
    Yeah, it's a little insane. There are legitimately good, mature people who have great takes on basketball though. Keeps me coming back, in addition to being a Spurs fan and this being really the only board there is for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's a little insane. There are legitimately good, mature people who have great takes on basketball though. Keeps me coming back, in addition to being a Spurs fan and this being really the only board there is for the team.
    Yeah, there are great people here, and some very basketball-smart ones, but there used to be a lot more of them, and I become less and less tolerant of the casual intolerance of the moronic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The three previous posts make too much sense and have no place in the universe of ST discourse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In before a someone responds with a racist or phobic slur to the above posts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's no surprise when you consider the fact that most people subscribe to a moral system from the stone age.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha this forum is full of wimps..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just put them on ignore dude, seriously. You're a good poster and if you leave, it just increases the ratio of bad to good posters. Spurstalk used to be an amazing place to talk hoop, probably the best on the entire ing Internet. Don't let some trolls and salty Lakers fans ruin that for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting for someone to list the guy we should use our mle on instead of Marion...

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) I think Marion is the best out there.

2) Mike Scott would be my second choice of non-Spurs, but not for the full MLE. For the smaller contract and longer term, I might prefer Scott over Marion. I see Scott fitting the Spurs culture better.

3) I prefer Baynes for the QO over any remaining free agent including Marion and Scott for the 15th spot. Baynes is in the system already and can be plug into the rotation for some important matchups. I consider Ayres firmly on this year's roster until such time that the Spurs announce otherwise. (But then I didn't believe Boozer would be amnestied.)

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting for someone to list the guy we should use our mle on instead of Marion...
    No one. Baynes is coming back. He has a lot of value against teams that play bigs like Blazers, Grizz, etc.

So unless the Spurs waive someone, with Ayres being the likely candidate, the Spurs look like they will be staying pat.

Spurs should wait to sign Kawhi next offseason. This will allow them to be under the cap to sign someone like Marc Gasol next year in case Duncan and Manu retire.

The only player that I think can actually help the Spurs this year would be Marion due to him study the Spurs system for years as well as having a lot of playoff and even championship experience. He would be great to have to backup Kawhi and plug in as a small ball PF.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had the MLE to spend on one of the remaining free agents, then the one I would spend it on is Blatche, not Marion, irregardless of either's position or what either would accept monetarily.
    He is younger and has more upside long term IMHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't stand when people say irregardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should give it to Errors imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well at least we have casual politically correct drones who are offended at every colorful phrase. The fact is, as a general matter, a male NBA player should not shoot like the average girl, average girl being defined by reference to the largest distribution of shot releases among a random sample in the United States taken in the last 30 days.

But you would have people talk like this instead of using the more colorful phrase, thereby discouraging creative expression and contributing to a dull and milquetoast world.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's no surprise when you consider the fact that most people subscribe to a moral system from the stone age.
    So basically they all worship nature gods and plants and such and dance around a fire? Your insult has misfired.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We also have some religious shoving freaks. lol

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/C19...avBCjxd90fFCU2

but this is funny though.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other hand, I believe a significant number of NBA players should shoot free throws granny style (anybody who makes less than 2/3 of their free throws). None of them are man enough to do it. Just ask Shaq or Rick Barry's kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blatsche is a headcase. Not for me.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you would have people talk like this instead of using the more colorful phrase, thereby discouraging creative expression and contributing to a dull and milquetoast world.
    We'd rather have people talk about Marion's shooting motion rather than making stupid, inaccurate comparisons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Shawn Marion can be had for the MLE, this is an absolute no-brainer for the Spurs to pull the trigger. Marion can fit perfectly at the 4 for small ball or even the 3 to give Kawhi rest and still have a defensive presence instead of an undersized 2 guard in place of the 3. DO IT!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) I think Marion is the best out there.

2) Mike Scott would be my second choice of non-Spurs, but not for the full MLE. For the smaller contract and longer term, I might prefer Scott over Marion. I see Scott fitting the Spurs culture better.

3) I prefer Baynes for the QO over any remaining free agent including Marion and Scott for the 15th spot. Baynes is in the system already and can be plug into the rotation for some important matchups. I consider Ayres firmly on this year's roster until such time that the Spurs announce otherwise. (But then I didn't believe Boozer would be amnestied.)

Don't hate Baynes and am not in love with Marion but Marion is still better than Baynes and would favor him over Baynes for the 15th spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't stand when people say irregardless.
    same. also hate when people say "i could care less"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same. also hate when people say "i could care less"
    I could care less what you hate, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blatsche is a headcase. Not for me.
    *Blatche* is one of those players you roll the dice on because of his talent as a scorer. He is definitely better than Ayers, Bonner, Daye, and Baynes. He seems to be less nutty sense he left Washington.

Thread Information