My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Or scoring in transition.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol Ariza is a lockdown defender now?? Keep pumping that sunshine up your ass rockets fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How far they go or don't go is on him and Harden.
    did you not watch Rockets vs Blazers playoff series? that's how far Hardon and Coward can ever take em

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he could give you offense off of wide open looks or cuts to the basket. Examples...

Here, Parsons waits until his defender's attention is on the ball-handler coming off the screen and then makes a looping baseline cut for the alley-oop.

Here, Wide open.

Here, Wide open

. To create for himself , he MUST pump fake.
    Larry Bird used the pump fake to create. Dirk uses the pump fake to create. That last video alone shows more offensive skills that 3 Ariza's. He's a willing passer and finishes strong at the rim. Dallas will love this kid.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Ariza is no lock down defender. He was massively overrated in La La land... its what happens to role players in LA. We overrate the out of our role players.
    Ariza was clearly better on defense last year than Parsons.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    lol Ariza is a lockdown defender now?? Keep pumping that sunshine up your ass rockets fans.
    Where did I say lockdown? I said he is better than Parsons.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    While it's true Ariza is better than Parsons defensively, Ariza OTOH has always been an unreliable scoring option, especially if he's filling Parsons role who does his role tremendously well. Ariza's FT and FG% has just been awful. From Hou to NOH and in Washington. His improvement last year (contract year) was honestly expected and predictable.

Houston, particularly Dwight will miss Parsons' offensive contribution. You can pretty much leave Ariza open and not worry about him making you pay, since he's as streaky as he can be. I've seen more Ariza than any Rockets fans these past 2 yrs since I'm a DC native and the consensus has always been that. For $8 mil, it's not a terrible signing but considering what was on the table before him, Houston will miss Chandler. Dude was on another level in the playoffs.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Parsons at least gave up half the points he put up PERIOD

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Btw, Ariza does a much better job covering Durant.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Btw, Ariza does a much better job covering Durant.
    We'll see. We know he doesn't compare to Parsons on the offensive end. And Parsons is 4 years younger.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He's right but Howard showed up in the playoffs, the Beard...not so much. Harden needs to step up his game big time if we are even to have a chance. Never seen someone labeled "superstar" suck it up so much in the playoffs.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He's right but Howard showed up in the playoffs, the Beard...not so much. Harden needs to step up his game big time if we are even to have a chance. Never seen someone labeled "superstar" suck it up so much in the playoffs.
    Agree. Also, Parsons disappeared pretty much every second half in that series.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rockets will probably have a worse record this season. Their depth is horrible.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Rockets will probably have a worse record this season. Their depth is horrible.
    True depth is horrible. Not like they had any depth last year, which is why Parsons and Harden played 40 minutes a game. Plenty of time before season starts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    True depth is horrible. Not like they had any depth last year, which is why Parsons and Harden played 40 minutes a game. Plenty of time before season starts.
    Are you guys going after Rondo, or is that just a rumor?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I think they are. Right now they are focused on Dragic or Bledsoe. They might not get either, but damn I would obviously love Dragic back. I don't see any way for them to get Bledsoe. Phoenix likes Motiejuanas and a few others, so we will see.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dragic would be amazing with the Rockets tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I think they are. Right now they are focused on Dragic or Bledsoe. They might not get either, but damn I would obviously love Dragic back. I don't see any way for them to get Bledsoe. Phoenix likes Motiejuanas and a few others, so we will see.
    Was a big fan of Dragic in Houston, maybe he could be the third star....

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    If Dragic came, he'd be relegated to standing in the corner and shooting spot up threes while handing the ball off to Harden per McHales orders.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Rondo, Harden, and Dwight on the same team would be must-see TV, and not because they'd be dominant....

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    If Dragic came, he'd be relegated to standing in the corner and shooting spot up threes while handing the ball off to Harden per McHales orders.
    You cannot be this dumb. Lin and Beverley were spot up shooters primarily because Beverley isn't a true PG and cannot run an offense, while Lin is not a point guard at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ariza is better than parsons on both ends, not the issue here tbh.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    ^Parsons is the better passer, but I do think he benefited greatly from Harden/Howard double teams.

English get better yes POPownsJackson's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rockets are literally going after anyone. desperate. go after a coach

Thread Information