My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...uard-to-Border

Monday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) announced he is deploying 1,000 Texas National Guard to the U.S. border with Mexico, saying he can not idly sit by while "our citizens are under siege."

Pointing out the tens of thousands pf unaccompanied minors only make up roughly 20 percent of those being apprehended illegally crossing the border, Perry said he can no longer wait for the president to act as gang members and drug cartels flood into Texas, causing crime to skyrocket. Perry pointed out Texas tax payers can not bear the expense of processing and housing the surge of illegal immigration caused by President Obama's 2012 executive action "Dream Act" which has given people in Central America the idea children will be allowed to stay once in the U.S.

Perry has repeatedly called on President Obama to visit the border, calling his refusal Obama’s “Katrina,” moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    caused by President Obama's 2012 executive action "Dream Act" which has given people in Central America the idea children will be allowed to stay once in the U.S.

Obama should federalize the National Guard and call them off just to show Perry he swings a bigger stick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    caused by President Obama's 2012 executive action "Dream Act" which has given people in Central America the idea children will be allowed to stay once in the U.S.

Obama should federalize the National Guard and call them off just to show Perry he swings a bigger stick.

Good use of exec power

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good use of exec power
    Do you think it's a good use of executive power for Perry to send the Texas National Guard to help secure the border?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Perry has a multi-step plan to deal with the border situation. If only he could remember all the steps...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, I was hoping for something like this:

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Perry's action is pretty much useless.

Perry doesn't understand the problem, and is betting that the tea s don't either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol

"you just don't lead 'em as much."

Eyuch.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol
    What?
    No glasses?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?
    No glasses?
    He was caught transitioning between his hipster horn rims and Robocop Oakleys.

And he really needs to be reenacting that Full Metal Jacket scene.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pic is from 2009

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should pose in an armored boat this time around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but yeah, Perry's Border surge is a waste. National Guard isn't trained primarily for law enforcement or for baby sitting. the symbolism of making a show of force is just that, expensive and useless too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was about to say his political machinery has no clue.

Not that they do anyway, it's just that would have been way overboard given the current situation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Perry Orders Dallas Cowboys to Mexican Border

In his boldest move yet to address the immigration crisis, on Thursday Texas Governor Rick Perry dispatched the Dallas Cowboys to the United States’ border with Mexico.

In a photo opportunity with the Cowboys and several of the team’s cheerleaders, Perry explained the rationale behind his latest decision.

“Those who would cross our borders illegally will have to contend with the power and fury of America’s Team,” he said.

Critics of the move dismissed it as political theatre, noting that once the Cowboys arrived at the border it was unclear what they would do there.

Additionally, there were questions about how effective the Cowboys would be in stopping illegal immigrants, since the team has the worst-ranked defense in the N.F.L.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...NDgyNjE1NDcxS0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Law Enforcement Request for Guard Activation

Top officials at the Texas National Guard and the Department of Public Safety on Tuesday told a select House committee looking at the costs of the ongoing border operation that they did not request Guard troops.

Nor, as the Houston Chronicle's Brian Rosenthal reported, did they know why Gov. Rick Perry decided to send up to 1,000 troops to the border???

to back up existing efforts by state troopers. With this new information in hand, Democrats on the panel questioned Perry's decision.

"What is the cost-benefit analysis to the state of Texas of having the surge ... when there are other tremendous needs like transportation in this state?" asked Sylvester Turner, D-Houston, as reported by Rosenthal. Panel Chairman Dennis Bonnen, R-Angleton, stepped in to defend the action, saying the state's decision to act will save money, the Austin American-Statesman's Jonathan Tilove reported.

Perry is getting one already measurable benefit from his freelancing on the border: His poll numbers are up. This via The Hill:

"A Fox News poll released Monday night found 12 percent of registered Republican voters said they would like to see Perry as the GOP nominee for president in 2016 — tied with former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush. Perry's numbers increased 7 points since Fox last polled the question in April."

http://www.texastribune.org/2014/07/30/brief/

==================================================

Pathetic, delusional RickyBobby, even rabid red state Texians don't want that mofo:

PPP's newest Texas poll makes it pretty clear that when it comes to politicians Ted Cruz is the top dog in the state. Cruz has a better net approval rating than both Rick Perry and John Cornyn at +12, with 47% of voters approving of him to 35% who disapprove.

Cruz also continues to lead the Republican primary field for President in the state with 25% to 14% for Jeb Bush, 10% each for Mike Huckabee, Rand Paul, and Rick Perry, 5% for Chris Christie and Paul Ryan, and 4% for Bobby Jindal and Marco Rubio.

Perry's approval numbers may be on the rise, but there's still little appe e for a repeat White House bid from him among voters in the state.

Only 23% think he should run in 2016, compared to 66% who think he should sit it out. Even among GOP primary voters only 34% think he should make another bid with 52% dissenting.

Republicans do, by a 46/38 spread, want Ted Cruz to seek the Presidency in 2016 but among all voters only 32% think he should make a bid to 54% who say no.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/texas/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even repubs on this board have to admit that their gene pool for presidential candidates is so pathetic that they'll be lucky to carry all their home red states, let alone flip blue ones over. If Perry and Bush are the best they can do, Clinton or whoever emerges from the Dem Primary could almost mail it in.

ing sad. We need some real challengers to the Democrats right now. Not a stooge who's going to instantly alienate about half the country by sticking his foot in his mouth every time he speaks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol
    Now THATS the way to go pig huntin!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All Repugs have, and RickyBobby is nothing other than Repug, is FUD and lies.

ISIS and narco-terrorists pouring across the Rio Grande!

Hide yer wimmen and young'uns, and git yer guns, fellers, RickyBoddy's gonna save America!

Thread Information