Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two guys make one duo, not two.
    yeah yeah..

English is not even my third language DMC..That should be common knowledge by now considering how i construct my sentences...I know what a Duo is, but I am prone to making mistakes likes these..People should give me a break, I was already in my teen's when I learned the English Alphabet..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi maybe, but not green. But the SPurs stil did pretty well in the RS before kawhi and green got here and we sucked at those spots. Since then,although tony is worse, Duncan hasn't really gotten worse and splitter is better than blair, so how did the Spurs win so much without Kawhi and green?
    Maybe because Tony was argubly the best PG in the league and Duncan and Manu were a few years younger?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a coincidence that the spurs just suddenly went on a losing streak when they lost kawhi and danny...They are actually irreplaceable at this point. The spurs could actually cover up Duncan, Timmy or Parker's absence but they can't cover up Kawhi and danny.

Kawhi is truly the Most Valuable player in the team if you highlight value...

I think we should all take down our nostalgia glasses and accept the fact that Kawhi is more valuable to this team than any of the big 3..In a sense that, without Kawhi, the spurs will most likely struggle and will a significal fall in terms of winning %..They most likely will go down from a 60 plus winning team to something like 50-55...Without Kawhi and Danny, they will most likely be an 8th seed..

I can say with supreme confidence that even without Manu and Tony, the spurs will still be a 55 win team.
    You find way to sound dumber every day tbh ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lack of recognition the meduim 3 gets mainly because spurs fans are so scared to let go of their boyhood heroes and overall nostalgia is disgusting!..

Tony showed great leadership, Manu was phenomenal and timmy is the old fundamental...But It's ridiculous how underrated the meduim three are specially Danny and Tiago..
    Tiago is so underrated that he was turned into a cheerleader by Ibaka and Bonner stole his minutes ... Matt Bonner is way more underrated than Tiago Splitter, true story...

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green's defense is valuable, sure, but some consistency in shooting would be nice too. His shooting comes in waves...and it was disappointing to see his stroke flat-line in the last few games of last year. Hard to argue now because of this year's championship though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncans there to make sure things run smoothly when they disappear... like in about 5 games during the playoffs run. Hes the consistent contingency plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well... Kawhi and Danny are part of the medium 3 after all, along with Splitter. They're very important to the team, but their contributions don't always show up on the box scores.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and Tim is the most important duo of this team.

Tim duncan is the most important person on this team. Can drop 20 and 10 on you with great defense every game. I rarely see him have a bad game. Like ever.

Pop is the second most important person on this team. With all our injuries this year we and no pop, we might be 6-8 seed fodder. This guy is the brains behind everything including all the playoff adjustments.

Next are Manu and Tony. When healthy are amazing. Last year tony b4 he got injured and this year manu. If we ever get both those guys healthy. WOW.

Next are Kawhi and Green. Very inconsistent duo even when healthy. They can disappear and we still win. Both crucial to our team, but you can bet we can replace both better than manu and tony.

Next are Splitter and Diaw. Both are major weapons agaisnt certain teams. Splitter is great vs traditional bigs like mavs and portland. Diaw is great vs small ball lineups like the heat and okc(for a couple of games).

The rest are all meh to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah yeah..

English is not even my third language DMC..That should be common knowledge by now considering how i construct my sentences...I know what a Duo is, but I am prone to making mistakes likes these..People should give me a break, I was already in my teen's when I learned the English Alphabet..
    Then stop making endless numbers of threads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and Tim is the most important duo of this team.

Tim duncan is the most important person on this team. Can drop 20 and 10 on you with great defense every game. I rarely see him have a bad game. Like ever.

Pop is the second most important person on this team. With all our injuries this year we and no pop, we might be 6-8 seed fodder. This guy is the brains behind everything including all the playoff adjustments.

Next are Manu and Tony. When healthy are amazing. Last year tony b4 he got injured and this year manu. If we ever get both those guys healthy. WOW.

Next are Kawhi and Green. Very inconsistent duo even when healthy. They can disappear and we still win. Both crucial to our team, but you can bet we can replace both better than manu and tony.

Next are Splitter and Diaw. Both are major weapons agaisnt certain teams. Splitter is great vs traditional bigs like mavs and portland. Diaw is great vs small ball lineups like the heat and okc(for a couple of games).

The rest are all meh to me.
    I'd generally agree with this (though Patty Mills is never "meh" to me.

I do think Danny is underrated even by Spurs fans. He's a of a defender, streaky but ultimately successful 3 point shooter, and his ability to put it on the floor and drive is improving enough where he's becoming a real headache for opposing teams. He was huge in the 4th quarter of Game 1 of the finals, probably the reason we pulled away and won that game (more so than LeBron's cramps). He was also big in game 3 with all those steals, and in games 4 and 5 really shut down Wade. Made him look old and washed up.

Danny will never approach the money Leonard's about to get, but he's our second most important "young" player. (Third and fourth are Splitter and Mills, though Tiago really isn't that young). We'll see if Anderson can join the list...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd generally agree with this (though Patty Mills is never "meh" to me.

I do think Danny is underrated even by Spurs fans. He's a of a defender, streaky but ultimately successful 3 point shooter, and his ability to put it on the floor and drive is improving enough where he's becoming a real headache for opposing teams. He was huge in the 4th quarter of Game 1 of the finals, probably the reason we pulled away and won that game (more so than LeBron's cramps). He was also big in game 3 with all those steals, and in games 4 and 5 really shut down Wade. Made him look old and washed up.

Danny will never approach the money Leonard's about to get, but he's our second most important "young" player. (Third and fourth are Splitter and Mills, though Tiago really isn't that young). We'll see if Anderson can join the list...
    I knew I was missing someone. Yeah Mills is in there with the tiago and diaw tier even though we're talking about duos.
    I like danny greens game. I wanna see more next year, but all the marco fans will hate me. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This post exemplifies the true beauty of this team. Every piece on the team has a purpose, and their value is greater than the sum of their parts. There are at least six guys, maybe seven, whose absence could potentially disrupt that harmony (Tony, Tim, Manu, Kawhi, Danny, Boris, Tiago).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy but I think the Spurs just won their fifth championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this block on BronBron from 2013 or 2014 finals?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, when threads like this are posted it's like ... people make a statement only to rile up others. Enjoy the championship smh. We never know when we'll get another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup, like two Boobs = one Breast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they called a foul on this play... I distinctly remember being hyped and then being disgusted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow at the length of Kawhi's arms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    English is his 4th language geez

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs record without lenonard is .500 enough said

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs record without lenonard is .500 enough said
    But we're talking about Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a coincidence that the spurs just suddenly went on a losing streak when they lost kawhi and danny...They are actually irreplaceable at this point. The spurs could actually cover up Duncan, Timmy or Parker's absence but they can't cover up Kawhi and danny.

Kawhi is truly the Most Valuable player in the team if you highlight value...

I think we should all take down our nostalgia glasses and accept the fact that Kawhi is more valuable to this team than any of the big 3..In a sense that, without Kawhi, the spurs will most likely struggle and will a significal fall in terms of winning %..They most likely will go down from a 60 plus winning team to something like 50-55...Without Kawhi and Danny, they will most likely be an 8th seed..

I can say with supreme confidence that even without Manu and Tony, the spurs will still be a 55 win team.
    While I might agree about Kawhi being just as, or more important than anyone else on the team, lumping him with Danny as a duo is like saying "Between Tim and I we have 5 NBA championships". Don't get me wrong, I like Danny, but he's nowhere near as important as Tony, Tim and Manu and you can probably add Boris and Tiago in there too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green's defense is valuable, sure, but some consistency in shooting would be nice too. His shooting comes in waves...and it was disappointing to see his stroke flat-line in the last few games of last year. Hard to argue now because of this year's championship though.
    it's 2014 not 2010.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well we know timmy, tony and manu, don't really defend anymore. They do try, and sometimes they have good stretches, but all three are worse defenders every year, which of course is perfectly normal. Kawhi, Danny and Tiago are the reason we are not the gooden - villanueva type of team anymore.

Thread Information