Sure id switch daye for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always liked him. Why'd Clips dump him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carlos has been injured for a while, he had surgery a couple of times trying to fix the same problem...He missed the entire 2013-2014 season, he couldn´t make our NT because the same reason and is at least likely that he will miss part of the 2014-2015 season also, if everything goes right. He is talented, a good defender and rebounder, but he thinks of himself very highly at times, which makes him a taker of looong 3´s and very difficult fade aways. The typical case about a very gifted and talented guy with a so so at ude and mental issues at times. Ten years ago, our press hyped him as the next big thing. He never really improved at all and now is over 30 and injured. Not a safe bet...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard he's probably out until midseason, so no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be out until mid-season. I would go for him with the vet min for this year.
    Can cover all positions from PG to SF, and won´t be a problem for the rotation as he will be in the nursery for the beginning of the season.
    If Ginobili retires after this year and Carlos has recovered successfully we would have a 2 guard with knowledge of the system to replace him.
    I wouldn´t mind the Spurs using the last roster spot with this guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be out until mid-season. I would go for him with the vet min for this year.
    Can cover all positions from PG to SF, and won´t be a problem for the rotation as he will be in the nursery for the beginning of the season.
    If Ginobili retires after this year and Carlos has recovered successfully we would have a 2 guard with knowledge of the system to replace him.
    I wouldn´t mind the Spurs using the last roster spot with this guy.
    Why would the Spurs sign players that can't play? If they were to keep Daye and Ayres and then still sign Delfino in the 15th spot, that would be stupid. The Spurs already have Patty that is out for a while and can't play till half way through the season, yet you want to sign another player that is injured and can't play? How long is he supposed to be out for?

The Spurs rest players, they need guys that can play to be able to do that. I hope you're not looking at this with Argentine glasses on, because I don't think you'd give a crap about signing him if he were from somewhere else.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Spurs sign players that can't play? If they were to keep Daye and Ayres and then still sign Delfino in the 15th spot, that would be stupid. The Spurs already have Patty that is out for a while and can't play till half way through the season, yet you want to sign another player that is injured and can't play? How long is he supposed to be out for?

The Spurs rest players, they need guys that can play to be able to do that. I hope you're not looking at this with Argentine glasses on, because I don't think you'd give a crap about signing him if he were from somewhere else.
    I disagree pop rarely plays new players a lot of minutes when there is not an injury.
    In this case Mills injure would have no influence in Delfino´s minutes as the PG rotation is set with Tony and Cory as main guys and Manu from time to time.
    This is a 3 million guy that can be aquired for the vet min and is not in the twilight of his career, for a one year vet min deal it makes sense. He will be ready to play within 5 to 6 months from now which makes him somehow an insurance if Anderson doesn´t pan out as a reliable backup SF.
    Also given that he is a vet min contract you can always cut him if you need the roster spot.
    I don´t see many risk in signing Delfino but he could be an important backup if all chips fall into place, and if not, you just cut him.
    You are basically getting a Danny Green type of player with better handling and slightly worse defense if you are lucky, and if not, you get a 15th roster spot player.
    I had a similar vision with Danny Granger, but he is already signed.

Thread Information