On the 29th

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thankyou, I didn't think it would take this long

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pre-Ordered mine on June 17th. They said it should arrive around August 5th. That was from the Yahoo Sports Shop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ships August 1st...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have iTunes, it's out as of this morning. https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/20...io/id895464027

In Manu we STILL trust! rayray2k8's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda want a hard copy of this. I'm gonna assume the blu-ray version will cost more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda want a hard copy of this. I'm gonna assume the blu-ray version will cost more.
    The hard copies only come in a blu ray/DVD combo pack.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's watched it already? Worth the $5 to watch it right now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The iTunes version is only 56 minutes, doesn't include any of the games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The blu-ray/DVD combo is $19.99 on Amazon vs. $12.99 to buy on iTunes. I preordered the blu-ray/DVD combo a few weeks ago to go with my DVDs for the previous championship years.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The iTunes version is only 56 minutes, doesn't include any of the games.
    I already have the important games DVR'd, so I'm fine with the iTunes version. Best thing is I can stream it to my Apple TV and watch it in HD on the big screen.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What special features does the bluray include?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What special features does the bluray include?
    Hopefully all 4 finals wins and 4th quarter of WCF game 6 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those that didn't order it, here's a streaming version via Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/674863

Tim Duncan is the GoAT Ginobili3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DVDs haven't been good since 2010 Lakers one

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks, some good stuff in there. Definitely not worth 10 though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks for posting this video I'm definitely glad that I didn't buy it. They were a few good tidbits in this film but overall it sucked compared to the previous spurs championship dvds. Its not just this NBA championship DVD that has sucked but the previous ones that have been done by Ahmad Rashad have been crap the last few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got my DVD and Blue-ray discs today after returning from vacation. Thought it was great...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of NBA Finals mini movies tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting this video I'm definitely glad that I didn't buy it. They were a few good tidbits in this film but overall it sucked compared to the previous spurs championship dvds. Its not just this NBA championship DVD that has sucked but the previous ones that have been done by Ahmad Rashad have been crap the last few years.
    Ahmad Rashad would be fine doing narration if the NBA gave a about actually telling the story of the season. Instead they do an interview with each of the star players, an interview with Pop, and then stretch out a bunch of generic answers so they can give the generic storyline: season wasn't going so great, had some adversity, then we started playing well, but who cares once the playoffs start; it's a whole new animal. How do you tell the story of the Spurs season and not mention the 19 game win streak, not show Diaw's three to tie the Dallas series 2-2, not show Leonard's block on Westbrook in OT to save the win nor Tim's shot that used all the rim to ice the game? Never even mentioned that the fourth quarter of Game 1 was one of the two best shooting quarters in the history of the Finals (with the other being the first quarter of Game 3), never mentioned that the Spurs set a record for FG% in a Finals series, never mention they set a record for point differential in a Finals? Every year since 2000 it's the same bland storyline in these DVDs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The past Spurs dvds, whether you like them or not, still gave good coverage of the season and recapped the big moments of the playoffs. Like baseline said, there was no footage of Diaw's big 3, Leonard's steal, and Duncan's actual game winning shot against OKC (they used the shot that he hit over Ibaka). Game 6 of the WCF was barely covered, even though it was a top 2 game of the 2014 playoffs. I also would have liked to see them acknowledge our guys outside the Big 3 and Leonard. Shameful product, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahmad Rashad would be fine doing narration if the NBA gave a about actually telling the story of the season. Instead they do an interview with each of the star players, an interview with Pop, and then stretch out a bunch of generic answers so they can give the generic storyline: season wasn't going so great, had some adversity, then we started playing well, but who cares once the playoffs start; it's a whole new animal. How do you tell the story of the Spurs season and not mention the 19 game win streak, not show Diaw's three to tie the Dallas series 2-2, not show Leonard's block on Westbrook in OT to save the win nor Tim's shot that used all the rim to ice the game? Never even mentioned that the fourth quarter of Game 1 was one of the two best shooting quarters in the history of the Finals (with the other being the first quarter of Game 3), never mentioned that the Spurs set a record for FG% in a Finals series, never mention they set a record for point differential in a Finals? Every year since 2000 it's the same bland storyline in these DVDs.
    Exactly, and I only made it to the Finals series in the video because it started just like the Mini Movies and I just sighed and thought, not this again.... I mean seriously, over half the DVD is material that nearly every fan had already seen. Where was the behind the scenes interview about how the team felt being tied 2-2 with OKC, being tied 1-1 to Miami, being tied 2-2 with Dallas, they really really dropped the ball, pitiful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last 35 minutes of the video was basically the mini movies with some Ahmad Rashad narration. Pretty sad tbh. Have they run out of talent tbh? Why not give the contract to TNT or CBS and have them make, market and sell the damn video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahmad Rashad would be fine doing narration if the NBA gave a about actually telling the story of the season. Instead they do an interview with each of the star players, an interview with Pop, and then stretch out a bunch of generic answers so they can give the generic storyline: season wasn't going so great, had some adversity, then we started playing well, but who cares once the playoffs start; it's a whole new animal. How do you tell the story of the Spurs season and not mention the 19 game win streak, not show Diaw's three to tie the Dallas series 2-2, not show Leonard's block on Westbrook in OT to save the win nor Tim's shot that used all the rim to ice the game? Never even mentioned that the fourth quarter of Game 1 was one of the two best shooting quarters in the history of the Finals (with the other being the first quarter of Game 3), never mentioned that the Spurs set a record for FG% in a Finals series, never mention they set a record for point differential in a Finals? Every year since 2000 it's the same bland storylinfe in these DVDs.
    I think the ITunes version is a truncated version. They did talk about the win streak and the 76% shooting clinic they put on in the 4th quarter of game one. They did show Tim in OT in OKC, but not the final shot. It was the one where he pumped and faked out Ibaka. The block on Westbrook should have indeed been in there. I have all the full games and have seen most of the highlights dozens of times. Trying to cover an entire season and playoffs in 77 minutes is tough. I'm glad I bought it because years from now it will mean even more to me.

Thread Information