My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Tom Rivers

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/clippers/

LOS ANGELES -- The interim CEO of the Los Angeles Clippers testified in state court Tuesday afternoon that coach and team president Doc Rivers has told him on multiple occasions that he doesn't think he wants to continue as coach if Donald Sterling remains owner of the team.

Parsons said he's talked to Rivers, several players and key sponsors who are troubled by Sterling's continued ownership of the franchise, which is being adjudicated in a California probate court.

At issue is whether S y Sterling acted properly in selling the franchise for a record $2 billion to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, without her husband's expressed consent.Parsons was called as a witness in the trial Tuesday to discuss the impact the continuing uncertainty over the ownership situation has had on the Clippers franchise.

"If Doc were to leave, that would be a disaster," Parsons said. "Doc is the father figure of the team. Chris (Paul) is the on-court captain of the team. But Doc is really the guy who leads the effort. He's the coach, the grown-up, he's a man of character and ability -- not just in a basketball sense, but in the ability to connect with people and gain their trust.

"The team believes in him and admires and loves him. If he were to bail, with all the other cir stances, it would accelerate the death spiral."

bunch of quitting pussies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Money's money, whether it be from a racist or a n!gger lover. wanting to move back east because his ty coaching is exposed in the better conference

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Money's money, whether it be from a racist or a n!gger lover. wanting to move back east because his ty coaching is exposed in the better conference
    Yup. If he really gave a about not coaching if Sterling was the owner, he would give all the money he took from Sterling back.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Should've taken a stand in the playoffs Doc

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Should've taken a stand in the playoffs Doc

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You dumbasses do realize this is an obvious leverage play, right? "Earth to Donald: sell the team or you'll have no coach, no players, no sponsors, no fans, and a worthless franchise" is basically the message that testimony sent, tbh....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You dumbasses do realize this is an obvious leverage play, right? "Earth to Donald: sell the team or you'll have no coach, no players, no sponsors, no fans, and a worthless franchise" is basically the message that testimony sent, tbh....
    You don't believe that yoself. -100 points sn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except for that one time where players & coaches kept signing there knowing about Sterling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Donald care? Even without all that, the franchise is still worth 1 billion or more... that's nowhere near 'worthless'. He knows that and everybody else knows that. Even if he's cuckoo in the head, his lawyers know that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CN trying hard tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA trying to find a way to do two things:

1. Get Chris Paul off the Clippers and to a larger market team.
    2. Make the Lakers the better team in LA again.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Donald care? Even without all that, the franchise is still worth 1 billion or more... that's nowhere near 'worthless'. He knows that and everybody else knows that. Even if he's cuckoo in the head, his lawyers know that.
    Sterling is a Jew. He won't walk away from an extra 800m or so on pride alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't believe that yoself. -100 points sn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sterling is a Jew. He won't walk away from an extra 800m or so on pride alone.
    well, if he's really sick in the head, his lawyers won't let him walk away from this lawsuit.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Pussy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha even though he is racist he has the right to own whatever he wants to own... bunch of millionaire "slaves"

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA has known what they have with Sterling for years...Just what did they think that they could reason or threaten him
    into selling the team. He is like the North Korea dictator listening to Obama threats.....Even if all the players quit on him he would hire a team
    of street ballers to play. If all the team sponsors bail out he still has enough money to go for a long time a make it a joke.....
    Sterling will go when he is good and ready....................

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tom Rivers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I the only idiot that thinks that the Clips would be better off reviving the Zombie Sonics in Seatlle and leave LA?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The faux outrage from Tom Rivers is truly pathetic.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Am I the only idiot that thinks that the Clips would be better off reviving the Zombie Sonics in Seatlle and leave LA?
    Yes, you are.... most people would agree that it would be re ed to downgrade in market from LA to Seattle, tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doc should be black-balled for his pathetic behavior. Why don't he refuse his paycheck from the racist owner.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Except he doesn't want to sell ever, and him keeping the team would leave him with no sponsors, no coach, no players, and few paying customers, while making it extremely difficult for him to replace any of those.... that's the scenario that Parsons was talking about, but it's also not happening because he's not keeping the team.... this legal wrangling is just an attempt to delay the inevitable....

Thread Information