My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/ratings.cgi

One fan poll is just as good as another
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 07-22-2014 at 09:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pre Duncan 5th:
    "All I count is NBA world les"

Post Duncan 5th:
    "All I count is random Sportsnation spamvote polls"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Its like a Hollinger system based on BS. It has Patrick Ewing and Allen Iverson in the top 15 for s sakes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its like a Hollinger system based on BS. It has Patrick Ewing and Allen Iverson in the top 15 for s sakes
    its actually just based on fan votes... ELO system means you get more points for beating a higher ranked player. anybody can still vote, just go to the link, and it'll present 2 random players at a time, you choose 1

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is actually a much more accurate way to do a public poll. First, it is at a reputable site and not ESPN/Yahoo. Second, you can't rig it and just vote for your favorite player. Third, it forces the voter to pick the better player in a head-to-head matchup which is a much more discrete decision.

Tim is definitely a top 5 player and the company Kirby keeps are comparable players. There are a couple outliers in the top 20 like Barkley, Webber, Iverson, but for the most part tough to argue with the results for a public poll, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only issue I have with this scientific, chess-based formula they are using to poll the most knowledgeable and dedicated basketball fans on the best website out there is that they tend to underrate foreigners a bit, probably because most people who go to basketball-reference.com are hardcore American fans who have grown up with nationalistic bias. Both Manu and MVPau should be higher, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the are you asian and you either don't know how ELO works or you don't have a better comparison?

's chess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Harlem likes to say, the advent of advanced stats ultimately will damage a lot of player's legacies, tbh... especially since "number of sportscenters top 10 plays" isn't really a reflection of a player's production...

A JJ Re soft jumper counts the same two points as the tomahawk dunk from the freethrow line...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only issue I have with this scientific, chess-based formula they are using to poll the most knowledgeable and dedicated basketball fans on the best website out there is that they tend to underrate foreigners a bit, probably because most people who go to basketball-reference.com are hardcore American fans who have grown up with nationalistic bias. Both Manu and MVPau should be higher, imo.

you sneaky mother er

Thread Information