Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm more and more convinced we should go after Marion. We have every position covered EXCEPT backup SF. Sure Manu and Diaw can cover up that hole, but Marion would be a vastly superior option. He played with a motion offense in Phoenix (and has familiarity with Diaw being a former teammate) and learned to D it up in Dallas. What little Marion can contribute far exceeds what Ayers brings to the table.
    My thoughts as well. Marion can play a stretch 4 and could be very happy with a backup role with reduced minutes for a chance to get a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team ball...we have shooters. book it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs like two way players these days. Marion is one dimensional IMHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team was good enough to eviscerate the defending 2 time champs. Not sure what you mean by more firepower.
    Honestly, it is a pretty safe bet that Bellinelli improves with his 2nd season and I see big season's ahead for Kawhi, Splitter and Green.
    Splitter delivered like a mofo last year. Led the league in screens set. Played hard, rebounded, passed well and was great as a post defender....he even guarded Dirk. And he's our 7th-8th best player.
    Hopefully Baynes comes back for more depth and corporate knowledge.

This is one uva basketball team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you not hear? We re-signed Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the drive/motivation next year won't be nearly what it was this year from 6. Those guys looked superhumanly focused at times...
    Yea this is ultimately what it comes down tbh. We're returning the same team, but the drive and determination that we had this year to get back to the Finals and win it all cannot be understated. It's what won it for us tbh. And you cant really duplicate it either. But, I still like our chances if we can make it out of the West. OKC is who I'm most worried about. Luckily they didn't sign Pau or any other FA big so hopefully we can take em again, but it will be tougher next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    They also didn't have the best passing team in basketball that had made it to the WCF three straight years, and Finals two straight years.

Championships aren't guaranteed for anybody. Miami was a perfect example of that. The Spurs have just as good a chance as they have ever had.

+1

A lot of things can go right or wrong in any given Championship run, but certainly from a talent perspective the Spurs are in a good position to make another deep run.

Health is a given, but another overlooked aspect is desire. The team played with a fire all of last season to make up for the loss the year before. Now redemption is out of the way and after 2 straight Finals appearances, they need to find something to keep that fire burning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winning it all is hard, sometimes you need to catch some breaks... the talent is there. Hopefully things like health, players getting hot at the right time, etc all cooperate to bring home #6.

Thread Information