Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could blame his game all you want, but the dude takes care of his family, and not just monetarily. Here he is at his kid's high school game, being just another fan on the stands...

He doesn't have to do that, he does it because he cares, tbh...

In a league where certain players change teams to duck their children or try to pedo it up with 16 years old after having 7 children with different baby mammas, the Kang chooses what's right.

Not a huge fan of the player, but certainly admire his character. Props...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Dat Kang fatherhood

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great father, fights against Sterling/racism by delaying his decision... true role model for the black community

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of all the things I can criticize him for, his parenting isn't one of them. I still think he's a bit imature, but then again he's been filthy rich since he was 18.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's definitely one of the nicest guy in the league and I like how he really values his family. I just hope he's not fronting like MJ. That would be disappointing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's just doing it for attention

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sitting in the front row making that old white grandma with arthritis in her knees sit in the back of the bus curled up with no legroom. smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the kids behind him the bench?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree tbh.

Thats not high school though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We idolize our athletes far too much. This is why I dont get some of you on who the person is off the court, its about the person on the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats not high school though.
    true, my bad, tbh

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Bron's kids are going to be monsters by the time they're in high school. Too bad they're going to St. Vincent-St. Mary instead of Revere (district LeBron lives in.) Revere sucks ass in football and basketball and their most famous alum is Jeffrey Dahmer. They could use the help.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bron's kids are going to be monsters by the time they're in high school. Too bad they're going to St. Vincent-St. Mary instead of Revere (district LeBron lives in.) Revere sucks ass in football and basketball and their most famous alum is Jeffrey Dahmer. They could use the help.
    Do Kang feed them PEDs too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    class dad

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think thread's kids know how much the bag means to him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, that's like a fine compensation for the reduced-hairline gene he imposes on his kid, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebrons an ok dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people impressed by this? He would be a ty father if he didn't go to his son's basketball game in the summer.

I did a double-take when you said "high school." I was like, what the , Lebron had a kid when he was 15?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people impressed by this? He would be a ty father if he didn't go to his son's basketball game in the summer.

I did a double-take when you said "high school." I was like, what the , Lebron had a kid when he was 15?
    Yeah, I ed up with the high school part, should've been elementary school...

IMO, it should be lauded because you can find all sorts of bull behavior throughout the league, as described in the OP... a fairly big, positive departure from dad killers or rapists, tbh...

This is actually a guy that could buy his way out of caring for his family, but instead puts the time and clearly values it.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He's talking about LeBron, not Kirby or Wade

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    If LeBron has PEDs he needs to feed them to Kyrie, not his kids.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    It's sad when good parenting by athletes is the exception and not the rule.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already knew he was a great father, I read about it on his app. Just tap "Bron Bron is a great father"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

This. He does seem like a genuine father who enjoys his kids. I think some of of it is because his Pop was absent. In many cases kids that were abandoned by their father either do the same to their kids or go the other way and are great fathers and Im glad he does the latter. However it says a lot about the perception of young black rich men that we have to applaud him for things that any father SHOULD do. When he is not on the road playing why Would he not attend his son's games. My parents rarely saw me play but my pops worked 9 to 5 type jobs and my games usually started around the time he got off and my mom commuted further so I understood. James has no excuse to miss a game he can freaking helicopter to games if he wants to. And Father's SHOULD do everything possible to watch their kids play. Im glad he does and I like James especially with the Cavs ... but not sure why this warrants a thread. Unless it's to indict the ty fathers like Bird, Malone, Jalen Rose's pops etc that did not give a ...

Thread Information