Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Over the past decade, considerable research has emerged that demonstrates the benefits of religious practice within society.[1] Religious practice promotes the well-being of individuals, families, and the community.

Of particular note are the studies that indicate the benefits of Religion to the poor.[2] Regular attendance at religious services is linked to healthy, stable family life, strong marriages, and well-behaved children. The practice of Religion also leads to a reduction in the incidence of domestic abuse, crime, substance abuse, and addiction. In addition, religious practice leads to an increase in physical and mental health, longevity, and education attainment. Moreover, these effects are intergenerational, as grandparents and parents pass on the benefits to the next generations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now watch as all those who aren't religious act like jerks and morons over this. Which tells us what?

I've seen what that above article is saying, I know relgious people and those who aren't. There is no doubt which ones are dealing better with life and are better equipped to handle whatever comes their way.

Judy is a licensed daycare provider, she has a degree in Child Developement and has been in the daycare business for over 30 years. She has talked about which kids are better behaved and better adjusted to things, yep...you guessed it.
    Last edited by Avante; 07-23-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    heritage.org

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There we have it, an atheist trying to discredit actual studies. Why is it most non believers are also jerks?

The connection between religion and mental health has been the subject of much controversy over the years, and many psychologists and psychiatrists remain skeptical, in part because most of the research has been based on cross-sectional analyses of small samples. The studies to date are suggestive of an association between religious involvement and better mental health outcomes, including greater self-esteem, better adaptation to bereavement, a lower incidence of depression and anxiety, a lower likelihood of alcohol and drug abuse, and greater life satisfaction and happiness in general (Koenig et al. 2001). Recent longitudinal analyses of subgroups of the population provide additional evidence in support of this relationship (Zuckerman et al. 1984; Levin et al. 1996).

There is no end to that sort of thing, I wonder why?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Regular attendance at religious services is linked to healthy, stable family life, strong marriages, and well-behaved children. The practice of Religion also leads to a reduction in the incidence of domestic abuse, crime, substance abuse, and addiction. In addition, religious practice leads to an increase in physical and mental health, longevity, and education attainment. Moreover, these effects are intergenerational, as grandparents and parents pass on the benefits to the next generations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So what religion do you practice and how often do you attend church

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Let me ask you guys out there something. If ya told somebody they make ya feel dirty would ya STILL follow them around begging for attention?

What is this guys problem, is he really this ed up?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok getting back to the topic....

All of you reading this have friends/family into religion, would you say they are better off because of it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I'm on topic, you idiot.

What religion do you practice and how often do you go to church?

Since this is your thread praising the benefits of it, let's hear a personal anecdote regarding what it's done for you.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is sad to watch, I actually pity the boy.

But, notice how the freak just can't fathom reality? All those studies that tell us about the benefits of living with a God and the freak still doesn't get it, wow!

Another tid bit.

The results turned out to be a bit of a landslide in favour of more religious parents. Children of religious parents were rated by both parents and teachers as having greater self-control, better interpersonal skills, and less likely to have depressive or impulsivity problems. All of these findings were observed even after taking into account ‘sociodemographic’ variables, such as parental education, family income, and child’s gender.
    Last edited by Avante; 07-24-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, so who out there can show me where anything talks about children being better off without religion? Come on all you...bah humbuggers...and...if ya can't see it it doesn't exist,...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to see anything that says something similiar to....

Studies have shown that children are better off in non religious surroundings, they do better in an atheist existence.

This sort of stuff just keeps coming.

Religious Children Are More Connected to Their Families

A Sense of Stronger Families

The journal Family Relations published a study examining whether religion had a beneficial effect on family life. The study, which followed more than 200 married men and women of 20 different religions living in urban settings, found that those who were religious reported that they had stronger families. The researchers believe this is due to the community support provided by organized religion.

Why do I doubt I'l be reading about how the best way to go is being an atheist?
    Last edited by Avante; 07-24-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How about this one?

Catherine Sanderson, a psychology professor at Amherst College, recently gave a talk, “Positive Psychology: The Science of Happiness,” in which she described things that we think will make us happy but don’t and things that really do. It turns out that a private plane would not make me happier. (I’m still not convinced.) It also turns out that people who have religious or spiritual beliefs are happier than those who don’t, no matter what their beliefs.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So I challenge all you little.....if ya can't see it....hahaha!!!!!!!!!....to show me anything anywhere that talks about how it's better to be an atheist.

Come on let's see it!

Ther is no end to all this..."religious people are happier"....out there....TONS!

There is a reason this country will never have an atheist as it's President.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    You're stupid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok getting back to the topic....

All of you reading this have friends/family into religion, would you say they are better off because of it?
    If you really want to discuss this, which I doubt, you'll eventually not like the outcome. It has something to do with delusion. Are people better off believing a lie if it makes them feel better about themselves?

Do you think people can chose what to believe? Can you chose to believe this forum doesn't exist, or that the moon or sun don't exist? Can you choose to believe in the existence of Zeus?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm on topic, you idiot.

What religion do you practice and how often do you go to church?

Since this is your thread praising the benefits of it, let's hear a personal anecdote regarding what it's done for you.
    No one here is going to answer any of your re ed questions anymore because you never ever answer theirs except with the re ed "you're stupid" answer.
    Need proof of this?
    Post #12.
    We know your game. You've been exposed for the fraud you are, you know absolutely nothing of this subject, and NEVER ADD to the discussion.
    When you start telling the TRUTH, maybe then someone will listen.
    Until then, just stay out of discussions concerning religious matters, okay?
    Because you look like a fool at best.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    No one here is going to answer any of your re ed questions anymore because you never ever answer theirs except with the re ed "you're stupid" answer.
    Avante is making a claim so I'm asking a follow up question to his original post.

There's nothing for me to answer because I'm not making any claims here.

You're stupid.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante is making a claim so I'm asking a follow up question to his original post.

There's nothing for me to answer because I'm not making any claims here.

You're stupid.

I didn't stutter, my statement stands, not to mention it is the truth too.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you really want to discuss this, which I doubt, you'll eventually not like the outcome. It has something to do with delusion. Are people better off believing a lie if it makes them feel better about themselves?

Do you think people can chose what to believe? Can you chose to believe this forum doesn't exist, or that the moon or sun don't exist? Can you choose to believe in the existence of Zeus?
    Rex is dead, he was ran over by a truck, dad has already buried Rex.

Daughter...poor Rex, I loved him so much.
    Dad...he's in a better place now dear and is looking down on us.
    Daughter....is he really dad?
    Dd...yes he is and he' wants you happy.
    Daughter...ok dad, I'll be happy for Rex

That sure beats the out of

Dad...Rex is dead, forget about it.

Dude, it's always better to have something to believe in. Ya ever see a football game and there lays a hurt teammate, as all those big badasses kneel in a prayer. Then there's the prayer before the game.

What you'd just stand there loking stupid?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Need proof of this?
    Post #12.
    We know your game. You've been exposed for the fraud you are, you know absolutely nothing of this subject, and NEVER ADD to the discussion.
    When you start telling the TRUTH, maybe then someone will listen.
    Until then, just stay out of discussions concerning religious matters, okay?
    Because you look like a fool at best.

Bro, when does it hit you this Blake guy is ing re ed? Look at him...STILL...following me around, is that sad or what?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just as I suspected, nobody can come up with anything about how being an atheist is the way to go.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Actually, research suggests that happiness is linked to spirituality, not religion. It's about seeking peace in your life, not following any particular god or deity.

Unless you really believe that Christians are the happiest segment of people on the planet... Which is laughable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rex is dead, he was ran over by a truck, dad has already buried Rex.

Dad...he's in a better place now dear and is looking down on us.
    Daughter....is he really dad?
    Dd...yes he is and he' wants you happy.
    Daughter...ok dad, I'll be happy for Rex

That sure beats the out of

Dad...Rex is dead, forget about it.

Dude, it's always better to have something to believe in. Ya ever see a football game and there lays a hurt teammate, as all those big badasses kneel in a prayer. Then there's the prayer before the game.

What you'd just stand there loking stupid?
    I'd say he's dead, that sucks. You should have taken better care of your ing dog. That can happen if you neglect your pet, he can get killed. Death is final, as far as we know. I don't think even the Bible says dogs have an afterlife.

No, I don't think lying to my kids is better than them having to face reality.

However, do you have any thoughts on the matter than aren't in the form of a list or a conversation between make believe people?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't think it's a matter of religion tbh. Whatever religion one believes in, it gives people faith and let them see the brighter side of life, and therefore gives them a more positive at ude towards life. You don't need to believe in any specific religion but everyone should have faith, and Goddess is my faith, I mean both Goddesses. They make me a better person and allow me to live more positively and more happily.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just as I suspected, nobody can come up with anything about how being an atheist is the way to go.
    Being honest with yourself is the way to go. I honestly don't believe in your god or any other god for that matter, and I won't believe in such until I am compelled to do so by overwhelming evidence. That's how my mind works. I notice you ignored the epistemological question I posed.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Actually, research suggests that happiness is linked to spirituality, not religion. It's about seeking peace in your life, not following any particular god or deity.

Unless you really believe that Christians are the happiest segment of people on the planet... Which is laughable.
    Well according to everything I've read you're only about 100% wrong.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Being honest with yourself is the way to go. I honestly don't believe in your god or any other god for that matter, and I won't believe in such until I am compelled to do so by overwhelming evidence. That's how my mind works. I notice you ignored the epistemological question I posed.
    So do most those in your orbit share your opinion on this?

Thread Information