Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was originally going to post this story, an Arizona man smiles at his victims family as he was being executed. The execution went wrong and it took him 2 hours to die as he gasped for air. Now people are outraged and looking to prevent this from ever happening again.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/23/justic...n-controversy/

Can someone explain to me how the people are so sensitive to these s bags not being eaten by lions and instead want them to be loved and hugged for life? Please explain to me the re ed theory behind this?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Lol was going to post a similar thread about this same earlier.
    Failed execution the mother er died didn't he?

what I don't get is why we spend so much developing drugs to kill them. Hanging people is extremely cheap and extremely effective. Fifteen cent round of .22 to the head works just as well. Stop wasting my tax dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think their objection is that some innocent people may get executed, which is a strong point. If the the crine is heinous enough and the proof beyond doubt, I doughy they would object.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lol was going to post a similar thread about this same earlier.
    Failed execution the mother er died didn't he?

what I don't get is why we spend so much developing drugs to kill them. Hanging people is extremely cheap and extremely effective. Fifteen cent round of .22 to the head works just as well. Stop wasting my tax dollars.
    Honestly, Im one of the more 'sensitive' individuals when it comes to 1) Animal abuse 2) Wanting to see automatic rifles banned from America. Regardless of your stance on those 2 things, even I cannot for the life of me understand how we look for the most comfortable way to kill individual monsters like this. Personally, I believe they should be lit on fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think their objection is that some innocent people may get executed, which is a strong point. If the the crine is heinous enough and the proof beyond doubt, I doughy they would object.
    There's that, then the fact that it's the easy way out and that in reality it costs way more to go through with execution than to jail them for life. I mean, do you think that guy in the OP rather be Jamal and Leroy sex toy for life or dead?

As far as 'comfort' in executions, it's largely to avoid triggering the US Cons ution's 8th amendment, which reads:

Amendment VIII
    Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's that, then the fact that it's the easy way out and that in reality it costs way more to go through with execution than to jail them for life. I mean, do you think that guy in the OP rather be Jamal and Leroy sex toy for life or dead?

As far as 'comfort' in executions, it's largely to avoid triggering the US Cons ution's 8th amendment, which reads:

Amendment VIII
    Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
    Rape in jail is highly overrated. I knew a guy who was a guard for a max security prison and said rape is not as common as people think, very rare. But fights and getting killed is extremely common

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, Im one of the more 'sensitive' individuals when it comes to 1) Animal abuse 2) Wanting to see automatic rifles banned from America. Regardless of your stance on those 2 things, even I cannot for the life of me understand how we look for the most comfortable way to kill individual monsters like this. Personally, I believe they should be lit on fire.
    I don't think lethal injection is all that comfortable. A quick bullet to the head would be way more humane. Not that I really give a about showing humanity to a murderer like that , but I'd just shoot him since it would be cheap. Maybe the lethal injection is more for the comfort of the executioner though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to wiki 15 people were exonerated and released from death row before being executed so innocent people already probably been executed a bunch of times since DNA hasn't been around forever or even existed in a lot of cases. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_execution

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rape in jail is highly overrated. I knew a guy who was a guard for a max security prison and said rape is not as common as people think, very rare. But fights and getting killed is extremely common
    Don't really care. Let him rot in jail until the end of days. It's still cheaper. That 8th Amendment is what opens the door to all sorts of challenges which is why it takes so long and costs so much to off these guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am a democrat. I am also a nurse. They are saying stupid to scare people. I can hear it in the words they use. They are doing the same thing fox does and its pissing me off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pro-execution group is much more re ed, imo

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why not just have a firing squad or a lone shooter and fire a bullet into the brain of the individual? Get a revolver and some bullets and get it done fast.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A United States Department of Justice report, Sexual Victimization in Prisons and Jails Reported by Inmates, states that "In 2011-12, an estimated 4.0% of state and federal prison inmates and 3.2% of jail inmates reported experiencing one or more incidents of sexual victimization by another inmate or facility staff in the past 12 months or since admission to the facility, if less than 12 months."[2] However, advocates dispute the accuracy of the numbers, saying they seem to under report the real numbers of sexual assaults in prison, especially among juveniles.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_..._United_States

guys LOVE to fantasize that male rape in prison is rampant

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sentenced to Wait: Efforts to End Prison Rape Stall Again

Texas prison inmates report being raped at some of the highest rates in the country, and the problem only seems to be worsening: The three most recent reportsissued by the U.S. Department of Justice show stubbornly high levels of reported sexual assault.

But late last month, Texas Gov. Rick Perry wrote a letter to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder signaling that he'd rather lose federal funds for corrections than comply with new rules under the Prison Rape Elimination Act requiring states to substantially improve detection and prevention of sexual assaults in prisons.

"Washington has taken an opportunity to help address a problem in our prisons and jails, but instead created a counterproductive and unnecessarily bersome and costly regulatory mess for the states," Perry said of the regulations.

Perry asserted that some of the federal rules would duplicate safeguards already in place, including, for example, the development of comprehensive sexual assault training for staff and prisoners.

http://www.propublica.org/article/sentenced-to-wait-efforts-to-end-prison-rape-stall-again

Has RickyBobby EVER cooperated with the Feds?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothing more humane, painless, even extremely pleasant, and reliable than on overdose of pure heroin, which is a lot cheaper, more effective than the expensive crap taxpayers buy from BigPharma.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Court Rejects California’s Death Penalty

In an indictment of California’s death penalty, a federal judge ruled Wednesday that decades-long delays and uncertainty about whether condemned inmates will ever be executed violate the cons ution’s ban on cruel or unusual punishment.

The ruling by U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney, an appointee of former President George W. Bush, was unprecedented and likely to further inflame the debate over the state’s death penalty. Several prominent judges have excoriated California’s death penalty for its dysfunction, but Carney was the first to rule the delays amounted to a cons utional violation and left the system without any legitimate purpose.

For decades, California’s inmates have argued that the death penalty violates the U.S. Cons ution’s ban on cruel and unusual punishment, and courts have routinely dismissed the claim. But Carney focused on how the state enforces the death penalty and ordered lawyers to present written arguments on it.

California’s system, “where so many are sentenced to death but only a random few are actually executed, would offend the most fundamental of cons utional protections — that the government shall not be permitted to arbitrarily inflict the ultimate punishment of death,” wrote Carney, who serves in Orange County.

Carney noted that more than 900 people have been sentenced to death in California since 1978 but only 13 have been executed.

“For the rest, the dysfunctional administration of California’s death penalty system has resulted, and will continue to result, in an inordinate and unpredictable period of delay preceding their actual execution,” Carney wrote. “As for the random few for whom execution does become a reality, they will have languished for so long on Death Row that their execution will serve no retributive or deterrent purpose and will be arbitrary.”

Carney said the delays had created a “system in which arbitrary factors, rather than legitimate ones like the nature of the crime or the date of the death sentence, determine whether an individual will actually be executed.”

Carol Steiker, a criminal law professor at Harvard Law School and an expert on the death penalty, described Carney’s decision as “stunning” and “path-breaking.”

“That’s a ruling of tremendous breadth,” she said. “We haven’t seen very many rulings from the federal courts declaring a whole state’s system uncons utional. That’s quite stunning.”

http://www.nationalmemo.com/court-re...death-penalty/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had my dog put down a couple of months ago. He died in, literally, five seconds. Cost me 20 bucks. WTF is it with lethal injection? Just go to a god damned veterinary clinic, pick up a vile.

I could give two s about the inmates suffering...but let them rot in prison. ANY chance of executing an innocent is too great of one to risk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ANY chance of executing an innocent is too great of one to risk.
    but but but ... dubya said he was sure every one of the 500 executed on he was nominally TX governor watch was guilty. whew, what relief!

If it's good enough for Peaches, it's good enough for executing

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1876801

(not that I'm pro-execution)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Amendment VIII
    That is because of the appeals process. If the death penalty could only be used or more absolute cases, they wouldn't need that and it would be really cheap with a bullet to the head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just bring in an anesthesiologist, put him to sleep and have a fire squad put 5 bullets in the heart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is because of the appeals process. If the death penalty could only be used or more absolute cases, they wouldn't need that and it would be really cheap with a bullet to the head.
    While personally I might agree with that, legally, I think goes well beyond the certainty level on the resolution of a case. Just taking a look at the abortion debate tells you how much America values life, and the fact that a life would be taken in punishment, triggers a lot of legal avenues that are not there for other forms of punishment, like life in prison.

It would also be difficult to put a threshold on what's "absolute", tbh... One has to look no further than the OJ Simpson case to realize there's a lot of relatives to reach certain conclusions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this group has to be close...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Don't really care. Let him rot in jail until the end of days. It's still cheaper. That 8th Amendment is what opens the door to all sorts of challenges which is why it takes so long and costs so much to off these guys.
    Exactly.... that being said, you also can't really get rid of the rigorous legal challenges due to the chance of the person actually being innocent.... this is people's lives being dealt with here, if you up, it can't be reversed....

My favorite question to ask the pro-execution crowd: are the types of (guilty) s bags who are eligible for execution really worth the extra tax money it costs to execute them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.... that being said, you also can't really get rid of the rigorous legal challenges due to the chance of the person actually being innocent.... this is people's lives being dealt with here, if you up, it can't be reversed....

My favorite question to ask the pro-execution crowd: are the types of (guilty) s bags who are eligible for execution really worth the extra tax money it costs to execute them?
    THe way it is now nope also because innocents get executed sometimes.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Prosecutors lie, cops lie, juries are clueless. What's not to love about putting your life in the hands of the state?

Thread Information