Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah cause posting three hours worth of youtube links is totallly doing that...
    Eyah. Nobody watches that .

Be happy to lay the logic smack down text-style if you want.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    theres evidence on ghost hunters and ghost adventures that there actually may be an afterlife of some sort. i dont think its possible to stage some of that stuff on there but its enough evidence for me lol

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Never seen so many dumb posts in one thread before, wow!

If you've delved into evolutuion you know of how weak it all is. Where are all the ...in the process....species? Where are all the gorillas before we got todays gorilla?

I doubt most believers buy the Bible word for word, I don't think anyone really thinks Moses parted the Red Sea. It's not about all that, it's about something above and beyond us.

Only a 100% dumb would think humans evolved from apes and all this just....BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes there is a Master Designer, but I do doubt it's anything like "God" of the Bible, that's just us humans ing things up....again. Something......is behind all this and it's real real obvious.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yes there is a Master Designer, but I do doubt it's anything like "God" of the Bible, that's just us humans ing things up....again. Something......is behind all this and it's real real obvious.
    Who designed the master designer

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Damn. Looks to me like Atheists spend A LOT more time concerned about Christians than the other way around. It is EASY to be an atheist. Just look at this thread. The "believers" are ridiculed, called idiots - and are the subject of you fine strawman video there.

My wife is a professor of Biochemistry (She is specifically a protein-structure Biochemist), has been published in the (peer reviewed) journals Science and Nature (among many others) - most of the morons on here wouldn't understand the covers of those rags, much less the abstracts or articles published therein. She understands evolution, and that the universe is ~14 Billion years old, the earth about 5 billion, and that for the VAST amount of its history, human beings did not exist. The recognizes the similarities in all life forms, seeing the same biochemical processes in yeast bacteria that also exist, and allow our own lives to continue. There is a basic component to life that is replicated throughout the animal and plant kingdoms - the variations that exist at the most basic levels are minor, but cause extreme variation where the tire meets the road. Today she is finishing up the purification steps of a mutation of Rad51 protein so that she can stick it under the departments new million dollar microscope to see what it looks like.

She understands life, where it came from, and its variation more than, I suspect, anyone on this board, yet she believes in, and prays to God.

The people who start these threads, and then revel in ridiculing Christians who try to explain their beliefs are sad. Your arrogance that YOU hold answers to questions you don't understand (and I'm not talking spiritual, I mean scientific); that the ONLY thing you know for sure is that there IS NO GOD!!!!! And since you KNOW this absolute truth, it is SO obvious, EVERYONE who does believe must be a certifiable, gullible, moron.

Now there are certainly braches of Christianity that do themselves no favors in dispelling that label. Young Earthers, strict creationists, etc.... deny their own intelligence and logic. They question that which is quite observable and repeatable in the World around them based on a literal reading of a book that was never meant to be read literally. Seriously, talk to a Ra bi - the old testament is the work of the Jews after all....Jews do not read it literally; they pray on it, and interpret it. As Paul writes in 2nd Thessalonians "Question Everything" - by everything, he means everything - including church leaders. God gave you a brain for a reason - USE IT!!! I can imagine the face palm he does daily when some of you are searching those idiot websites that try to explain away actual, physical evidence that the Earth/Universe is the age it is. Make no mistake, by not using your gifts, your intelligence, your logical brain...you are disappointing God.

The Gospel of John begins with an explanation of Christ's origins "The Word was made Flesh". However, in the original Greek, the word translated as "Word"was "Logos". The more traditional translation of "Logos" is "Logic" or "Thought". I don't know why English translators of the bible used "Word" - but that a different translation there certainly makes a difference in interpretation, don't you think. And that's just one example...so at the very least, if you are going to take the Bible literally, at least learn the languages it was written in, so you can actually READ the bible! I'm not going to, so I'm going to keep an open, critical mind when I study the bible - understanding it has been written, translated and changed by MAN for several millenia now.

I have, through this come to my own conclusion that when God created us in his own image, he was NOT talking about his physical image. He created us in his mental image - what separates Humans from other animals, after all, is our brain's ability to reason, empathize and process. We can think about where we are, where we came from, and where we are going. God, after all, created us for companionship - he desperately wants us to be good to each other and to choose to be companions with him. Giving us the ability to NOT choose him, and to even determine that he doesn't exist at all, is a necessity.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn. Looks to me like Atheists spend A LOT more time concerned about Christians than the other way around. It is EASY to be an atheist. Just look at this thread. The "believers" are ridiculed, called idiots - and are the subject of you fine strawman video there.

My wife is a professor of Biochemistry (She is specifically a protein-structure Biochemist), has been published in the (peer reviewed) journals Science and Nature (among many others) - most of the morons on here wouldn't understand the covers of those rags, much less the abstracts or articles published therein. She understands evolution, and that the universe is ~14 Billion years old, the earth about 5 billion, and that for the VAST amount of its history, human beings did not exist. The recognizes the similarities in all life forms, seeing the same biochemical processes in yeast bacteria that also exist, and allow our own lives to continue. There is a basic component to life that is replicated throughout the animal and plant kingdoms - the variations that exist at the most basic levels are minor, but cause extreme variation where the tire meets the road. Today she is finishing up the purification steps of a mutation of Rad51 protein so that she can stick it under the departments new million dollar microscope to see what it looks like.

She understands life, where it came from, and its variation more than, I suspect, anyone on this board, yet she believes in, and prays to God.

The people who start these threads, and then revel in ridiculing Christians who try to explain their beliefs are sad. Your arrogance that YOU hold answers to questions you don't understand (and I'm not talking spiritual, I mean scientific); that the ONLY thing you know for sure is that there IS NO GOD!!!!! And since you KNOW this absolute truth, it is SO obvious, EVERYONE who does believe must be a certifiable, gullible, moron.

Now there are certainly braches of Christianity that do themselves no favors in dispelling that label. Young Earthers, strict creationists, etc.... deny their own intelligence and logic. They question that which is quite observable and repeatable in the World around them based on a literal reading of a book that was never meant to be read literally. Seriously, talk to a Ra bi - the old testament is the work of the Jews after all....Jews do not read it literally; they pray on it, and interpret it. As Paul writes in 2nd Thessalonians "Question Everything" - by everything, he means everything - including church leaders. God gave you a brain for a reason - USE IT!!! I can imagine the face palm he does daily when some of you are searching those idiot websites that try to explain away actual, physical evidence that the Earth/Universe is the age it is. Make no mistake, by not using your gifts, your intelligence, your logical brain...you are disappointing God.

The Gospel of John begins with an explanation of Christ's origins "The Word was made Flesh". However, in the original Greek, the word translated as "Word"was "Logos". The more traditional translation of "Logos" is "Logic" or "Thought". I don't know why English translators of the bible used "Word" - but that a different translation there certainly makes a difference in interpretation, don't you think. And that's just one example...so at the very least, if you are going to take the Bible literally, at least learn the languages it was written in, so you can actually READ the bible! I'm not going to, so I'm going to keep an open, critical mind when I study the bible - understanding it has been written, translated and changed by MAN for several millenia now.

I have, through this come to my own conclusion that when God created us in his own image, he was NOT talking about his physical image. He created us in his mental image - what separates Humans from other animals, after all, is our brain's ability to reason, empathize and process. We can think about where we are, where we came from, and where we are going. God, after all, created us for companionship - he desperately wants us to be good to each other and to choose to be companions with him. Giving us the ability to NOT choose him, and to even determine that he doesn't exist at all, is a necessity.

Good stuff. I am a part time researcher myself. I don't understand the ridicule between both sides. It is what it is and for people to spend a considerable amount of their day arguing against what somebody believes in is hilarious if you actually think about it. For all this time when society became more secular there have been atheists being born just to toy with somebody else's beliefs. It's pretty intolerant if you ask me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Damn. Looks to me like Atheists spend A LOT more time concerned about Christians than the other way around.
    Well yeah, because devout Christians that follow the rules of the Bible keep our society from moving forward.

Giving us the ability to NOT choose him, and to even determine that he doesn't exist at all, is a necessity.
    It's not a necessity at all unless you're going to put limits on God's power.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well yeah, because devout Christians that follow the rules of the Bible keep our society from moving forward.

It's not a necessity at all unless you're going to put limits on God's power.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've never seen somebody try so consistently hard over the years to convince somebody else to change their beliefs. Especially on a ing message board.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I've never seen somebody try so consistently hard over the years to convince somebody else to change their beliefs. Especially on a ing message board.
    lol Christians =/= convincing someone to change their beliefs.

If you want to believe in a magic sky daddy, go for it. I'll probably laugh at you, but if you're really that happy, who cares?

Just keep your crazy beliefs away from politics and education.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol Christians =/= convincing someone to change their beliefs.
    rofl and to think atheists once accused Christians of doing that, pot calling the kettle black tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    rofl and to think atheists once accused Christians of doing that, pot calling the kettle black tbh
    doing what?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Guys, guys, guys, we can stop arguing now... This guy just proved creation.

</thread>
    </discussion>
    </science>

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

</thread>
    </discussion>
    </science>
    Yep this guy is stupid.

silverblk mystix

Like I always said;

it is like watching two blind guys bashing each other over the head arguing about the color green -which neither has ever seen or experienced before.

In these matters we are all blind.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

</thread>
    </discussion>
    </science>
    He has a good point

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Dinosaurs

/6,000 year old Earth theory
    /god created animals and humans 1 day apart theory

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Like I always said;

it is like watching two blind guys bashing each other over the head arguing about the color green -which neither has ever seen or experienced before.

In these matters we are all blind.
    This is true, and the mature, respectful, and ADULT way to view it.
    Only kids, re s, or fanatics view it differently because not even a troll could be that ignorant.

silverblk mystix
    This is true, and the mature, respectful, and ADULT way to view it.
    Only kids, re s, or fanatics view it differently because not even a troll could be that ignorant.
    Another thing -

everyone is asking the wrong questions;

Is there a god?
    Is there a heaven?
    Is the bible blah-blah...

No one is aware of the right question;

Who are you?

What is "I"

What is "me"

Who is this "I" that is somehow observing "me"

How do you know you understood creationism, evolution, life, love, god, etc....?

If you don't even know who or what "I" is - how the do you even think you know anything?

Sleeping people are hilarious.

Instead of trying to wake up - they want to bash other sleeping people - for being in the same nightmare that they themselves are in.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Another thing -

everyone is asking the wrong questions;

Is there a god?
    Is there a heaven?
    Is the bible blah-blah...

No one is aware of the right question;

Who are you?

What is "I"

What is "me"

Who is this "I" that is somehow observing "me"

How do you know you understood creationism, evolution, life, love, god, etc....?

If you don't even know who or what "I" is - how the do you even think you know anything?

Sleeping people are hilarious.

Instead of trying to wake up - they want to bash other sleeping people - for being in the same nightmare that they themselves are in.

So true, never thought of that.
    The only occasions this very thought came to me was when I was holding a dying person in my arms.
    One moment there was animation in their body and life in their eyes, and the next moment, there was nothing.
    It was if the spirit or animator, or en y that inhabited this s we call our body just decided to give up residence in their body and leave, and never come back.
    Makes you ponder existence, life and death, in a very profound way.

silverblk mystix

So true, never thought of that.
    The only occasions this very thought came to me was when I was holding a dying person in my arms.
    One moment there was animation in their body and life in their eyes, and the next moment, there was nothing.
    It was if the spirit or animator, or en y that inhabited this s we call our body just decided to give up residence in their body and leave, and never come back.
    Makes you ponder existence, life and death, in a very profound way.

Her body expired...that would be the "me"

Where did "I" go to?

"I" observes me...animals aren't able to do this...

Have you heard people say, or you yourself say, " I am a lawyer...I am a banker...I am ______ or I am ______.... I am depressed....I am happy....?

So who is doing the observing?

Who is describing yourself?

Psychologists think we begin first with an awareness of THINGS -

then we eventually become aware of our THOUGHTS -

followed by the - THINKER -

Who is the thinker? What is the thinker - doing the thinking? Can the thinker know himself?

Mystics reply with - "can the eye see itself?" "can the tooth bite itself?" "can the "I" know itself?"

When you can begin to understand these things and understand who is the observer - because this is the foundation of EVERYTHING -

then you can grapple with the "god" questions...the "creation" questions...the "love" "life"

questions -

until then you are in darkness - yelling at the clouds.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Where did "I" go to?

Have you heard people say, or you yourself say, " I am a lawyer...I am a banker...I am ______ or I am ______.... I am depressed....I am happy....?

Who is the thinker? What is the thinker - doing the thinking? Can the thinker know himself?

Mystics reply with - "can the eye see itself?" "can the tooth bite itself?" "can the "I" know itself?"

When you can begin to understand these things and understand who is the observer - because this is the foundation of EVERYTHING -

then you can grapple with the "god" questions...the "creation" questions...the "love" "life"

questions -

Damn this is some deep sh*t SM

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Where did "I" go to?

questions -

This is true.
    And this is also the foundation that "I" exist under that I can never explain to others as to the why I now believe in God, whereas before, I did not.
    These are very very "subjective" and "personal" "inner" revelations, that could never in a thousand years be explained to someone who has never had similar, although quite different, types of experiences.
    This is another reason I keep saying to those who doubt or disbelieve, to "look within", and not without, or around you.

silverblk mystix
    This is true.
    And this is also the foundation that "I" exist under that I can never explain to others as to the why I now believe in God, whereas before, I did not.
    These are very very "subjective" and "personal" "inner" revelations, that could never in a thousand years be explained to someone who has never had similar, although quite different, types of experiences.
    This is another reason I keep saying to those who doubt or disbelieve, to "look within", and not without, or around you.

Well, you posted elsewhere that things were revealed to you - after being absolutely sure there wasn't a god - but somehow you stayed open - allowing for these truths to be revealed -

only those that "already know there isn't a god" - therefore closing the door to truth -

that somehow miss these truths -

pretty much describes a lot of people here.

Thread Information