Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ranks in the most undeserved moments in basketball history, tbh?

Is it high up there with Mengke Bateer's 2003 championship? Wade getting 482384329482 freethrows to win the 2006 le? The Lakeshow reaching the 2002 NBA Finals?
    Come on man, picking on and calling out the 12th or 13th guy on our roster? Reallly?!?! I know it's a a long boring offseason (or at least until real football starts) but your better than (I would hope).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Salley with the Lakers, they were talking about his being on their championship teams and I didn't recall it, obviously the folks on the best damn sports show didn't either till they found some footage of him on the bench. Now Salley did work for the Pistons but I can't ever remember him on the court for the Lakers. Bad part is now Tim has to share that ring in 3 different decades honor with Salley when TD was a major factor in all of his championships, I can't recall Salley playing on that Laker team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayres' mother should've aborted him or swallowed him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on man, picking on and calling out the 12th or 13th guy on our roster? Reallly?!?! I know it's a a long boring offseason (or at least until real football starts) but your better than (I would hope).
    it's been pretty boring, tbh... and even though it's supposed to be short, these Spurs just leave you wanting more....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Darko ftw tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do a number of posters keep thinking Nando gets a ring?

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how the 2006 Mavs weren't worried about the officiating when they were benefiting from it prior to the finals.
    agree Mavs have nary room considering they needed officiating to get to the Finals.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree Mavs have nary room considering they needed officiating to get to the Finals.
    Not like it wasn't the Spurs' fault that they couldn't get past the Mavs, but Dirk was treated better by the refs against the Spurs than Wade was in the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think the worst coattail championship in league history is Mitch Richmond on the 02 Lakers. The guy played 4 minutes the entire playoffs.
    Sure, but he deserved a ring with how loyal he was earlier in his career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do a number of posters keep thinking Nando gets a ring?
    He played for us until February 20, 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played for us until February 20,2014.
    It only goes to the guys that were on the playoff roster. i don't think Malik Rose got a ring in 2005.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It only goes to the guys that were on the playoff roster. i don't think Malik Rose got a ring in 2005.
    Thanks! I thought he might be eligible since he was on the roster most of the seasons.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Salley with the Lakers, they were talking about his being on their championship teams and I didn't recall it, obviously the folks on the best damn sports show didn't either till they found some footage of him on the bench. Now Salley did work for the Pistons but I can't ever remember him on the court for the Lakers. Bad part is now Tim has to share that ring in 3 different decades honor with Salley when TD was a major factor in all of his championships, I can't recall Salley playing on that Laker team.
    In the 99-00 season, Salley played 45 games (303 minutes) for the Lakers during the reg season, and 18 games (78 minutes) in the playoffs.

For the record he played only 85 minutes in the 95-96 playoffs for Chicago, so if he was in pretty much the same situation as in LA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scotty Brooks with tthe 94 Rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayres role was to preserve Duncan and he did just that. Did he play well while eating minutes? meh.... but he still helped on some level

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salley's "3 different decades" thing is bogus, because he was basically a benchwarmer for the Lakers.

Timothy Theodore Duncan is the first starter in NBA history to ring in 3 different decades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ranks in the most undeserved moments in basketball history, tbh?

Is it high up there with Mengke Bateer's 2003 championship? Wade getting 482384329482 freethrows to win the 2006 le? The Lakeshow reaching the 2002 NBA Finals?
    Any of Jack Haley's rings.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayres is as deserving as K. Bryant after his 6-24 in Game 7.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan was dunking the ball in the NBA finals. Thanks, Jeff Ayres. Here's your ring.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a piece of bad taste this thread is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's been pretty boring, tbh... and even though it's supposed to be short, these Spurs just leave you wanting more....
    "Errrors" kind of looks like a "mini Duncan", there is some resemblance physically. Maybe he will be more effective in year 2 in our system, I don't recall him having the rep of a "low Bball IQ" guy."

After putting up with Bonner earning $3-$4 million for 3-4 years (and the resultant chronic ST amnesty/unrealistic trade package scenario threads on him), Ayres at less than $2 million per year for 2 years seems like a very light sentence in comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea ayres was so disappointing and overplayed. He couldn't catch the damn ball. However, with that said, he seems to be team player and does not have a bad at ude about being on the bench which should never be over looked with the spurs.

Thread Information