Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Nope. Thabeet's a scrub. He's been hacked since Blair clowned him in college. I'd take Udoh in a heartbeat, though.
    Is it really that funny to think that Thabeet, who's always had an nba job since being drafted, might be less of a scrub than a guy in Baynes who didn't come into the league until his mid 20s and barely sniffs garbage time for all that time? Hyperbole much? Yes, I'd rather keep Baynes ultimately but let's take our homer glasses off and not hold it against thabeet mainly for having been a thunder player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it really that funny to think that Thabeet, who's always had an nba job since being drafted, might be less of a scrub than a guy in Baynes who didn't come into the league until his mid 20s and barely sniffs garbage time for all that time? Hyperbole much? Yes, I'd rather keep Baynes ultimately but let's take our homer glasses off and not hold it against thabeet mainly for having been a thunder player.
    Thabeet's gotten plenty of playing time on different teams to show he sucks. Baynes has gotten a little playing time and shown himself to be a serviceable low-ceiling player. I'll take Baynes' dead-end mediocrity over Thabeet's straight-up horrid play.

By the way, it doesn't matter that he played for the Thunder. He's been so insignificant in his career, that I don't even associate him with a team.

You sound like the guys who were trying to convince me that trading Danny Green for Evan Turner last season would be a no-brainer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The age thing is a weak play. Age literally means nothing. It's a media hyped facade
    27 year old prospects aren't really prospects. He is probably what he is at this point. He can improve in certain areas, sure, but its not going to be leaps and bounds better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please enlighten us. But forget about to and this team who some how have gotten better with age
    But, we've been getting younger. Edit: too late.
    Last edited by littlecoyotecoin; 08-26-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's going on with Aron Baynes' contract situation?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/whats-g...160142988.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thabeet's gotten plenty of playing time on different teams to show he sucks. Baynes has gotten a little playing time and shown himself to be a serviceable low-ceiling player. I'll take Baynes' dead-end mediocrity over Thabeet's straight-up horrid play.

By the way, it doesn't matter that he played for the Thunder. He's been so insignificant in his career, that I don't even associate him with a team.

You sound like the guys who were trying to convince me that trading Danny Green for Evan Turner last season would be a no-brainer.
    Come on, Chinook, give me a little more credit. And how about some reading comprehension? I clearly mentioned I'd rather have Baynes. Oh well, I still respect your basketball insight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on, Chinook, give me a little more credit. And how about some reading comprehension? I clearly mentioned I'd rather have Baynes. Oh well, I still respect your basketball insight.
    What did I misunderstand? I mean, you said that you'd prefer Baynes. But Thabeet sucks. No one is holding OKC against him, save for the fact that he sucked there as well when they really needed big men.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, we've been getting younger. Edit: too late.
    The guys who win the games haven't been getting younger

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guys who win the games haven't been getting younger
    They all win the games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    27 year old prospects aren't really prospects. He is probably what he is at this point. He can improve in certain areas, sure, but its not going to be leaps and bounds better.
    That's fair although one thing that is commonly developed in the later stages of players careers is their jumpshot. His form looks nice but he cannot hit them for in the NBA to this point. It's a huge reason why his FG% is so low. Because he keeps missing that open jumper even when wide open he presses in the high post. He should never ever be trying to drive the lane on a set defender. As it was he must've gotten one nice looking dunk and a half dozen turnovers emulating MJ.

If Baynes can hit his jumper consistently, it would transform his offensive game. He needs to play a lot better in the high post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fair although one thing that is commonly developed in the later stages of players careers is their jumpshot. His form looks nice but he cannot hit them for in the NBA to this point. It's a huge reason why his FG% is so low. Because he keeps missing that open jumper even when wide open he presses in the high post. He should never ever be trying to drive the lane on a set defender. As it was he must've gotten one nice looking dunk and a half dozen turnovers emulating MJ.

If Baynes can hit his jumper consistently, it would transform his offensive game. He needs to play a lot better in the high post.
    That is the thing that intrigue me about his game ,is his jumper. He does have a soft touch but according to basketball reference he has only hit 19% of his shots from 10-16 feet. Those shots add up to 18% of his field goal attempts.

It would be a plus if he can improve upon his jumper, that or be more selective in taking jumpers (similar to Diaw). He can stand to improve upon his finishing at the rim where he only hit 56% of his shots from 0-3 feet (the league average is about 66%) That number should rise if he plays the majority of his minutes at backup C where he can benefit from Manu, Beli, and Diaws passing ability.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They all win the games.
    not really

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

dont care about his jumper. care about a hard fouler on defense and an offensive rebounder. have to intimidate and make the other bigs work on defense. they sure as arent scared of or work hard on defense against splitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intimidation is overrated. Lock n Lock don't intimidate their men at all. They just shut them down. Same with Splitter and Duncan. Baynes is pretty much only useful for pissing off Dwight Howard. Besides that, he has to play well to earn minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miroslav Raduljica has been waived.... anyone have opinions on this center?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intimidation is overrated. Lock n Lock don't intimidate their men at all. They just shut them down. Same with Splitter and Duncan. Baynes is pretty much only useful for pissing off Dwight Howard. Besides that, he has to play well to earn minutes.
    Don't sell him short, he gave us good minutes against Portland...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't sell him short, he gave us good minutes against Portland...
    Because he played well. The only time he just has to be big and strong out there is against Howard. Besides that, his minutes are determined by how well he does when he's out there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretending that depth and chemistry within the team is not important is kind of silly after this season tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was just reading on espn today about the Australian national team and some very positive comments about Baynes' play in the warmup games. Good for Baynes, bad for Spurs methinks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was just reading on espn today about the Australian national team and some very positive comments about Baynes' play in the warmup games. Good for Baynes, bad for Spurs methinks.
    There's no downside to Baynes playing well.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...rseas-options/

Spurs should just pay the guy the extra 1mil. You aren't going to get a player as good as Baynes for that price anyways at this point. Spurs still have the BAE so they should just use it to sign him. He was valuable against Lopez and Adams in the Spurs run this past season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...rseas-options/

Spurs should just pay the guy the extra 1mil. You aren't going to get a player as good as Baynes for that price anyways at this point. Spurs still have the BAE so they should just use it to sign him. He was valuable against Lopez and Adams in the Spurs run this past season.
    The Spurs don't need the LLE to keep Baynes. They have his early Bird rights. They can give him a contract worth up to the full MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol "determined".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he injured himself...

Thread Information