Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking Ayers for Mbah Moute unfortunately the salaries don't match without including Daye. Roster spots are scarce on the Wolves. They are going to have 15 with Wiggins and Bennett.

If i'm not mistaken though, The Wolves would receive a trade exception for 4.7 million from the Love deal.

That would be a pretty good move. Mbah Moute is an athletic 6'7 SF who is known for his defense and can board.

He doesn't play at all for Minny and is on an expiring deal of $4.3 million. He could give us an end of bench defender and more depth at SF.
    Though he's more of an SF defensively, he can't shoot a lick, which means he'd be of no use on this team, since they don't play non shooting wings.

I agree that a depth wing defender with his physical tools makes sense, but they can get that off the scrap heap, for the minimum, at any time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes hoping to put on show in Olympics with actual playing time and raise his stock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird he hasn't made up his mind yet. Normally players try to get their contract situation done before the Olympics/Worlds, so they can get a proper contract value for the required insurance.

There's still two weeks to go until the Worlds start, so there's still time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird he hasn't made up his mind yet. Normally players try to get their contract situation done before the Olympics/Worlds, so they can get a proper contract value for the required insurance.

At this point is probable that he wants to use the world cup as a way to show his value and then get more money.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

After the finals I heard/read a quote from him that sounded as if he was unhappy with his situation, playing time and/or money. Of all the players I listened to, he seemed the most discontent with that single statement. It led me to believe he really would seek greener pastures, but it was nothing difinitive in what he said. It just had a more somber tone. He may just have to come to terms with the idea that someone else besides him needs to think (edit) he's worth more money or more playing time, as he's been on the open market for a while and no one seems to be throwing any money at him.
    Last edited by littlecoyotecoin; 08-10-2014 at 11:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point is probable that he wants to use the world cup as a way to show his value and then get more money.
    Doubtful. He'd have to pay his own insurance, or he'd be on his own if injured.

There's just no percentage for him to sign one second before he has to. He doesn't gain anything by doing so. He can sign the QO any time. The Spurs can't withdraw it now without his permission.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure that I've said this before, but how happy would you be if Ayres is making more money than you and you played a bigger role on the team? Maybe that is what Aron is thinking? Baynes made a little bit of a difference in some of the playoff minutes he got. Sure, the minutes were scarce, but he mostly did help in the court time he got IMO. I don't recall Ayres doing anything expect playing garbage time minutes in the playoffs.

Why wouldn't the Spurs pay him a little bit more money and resign him for just one season and see how it goes? If it's a choice between him and Ayres, I would let Ayres go. I agree with the people that say we don't need both, but I wouldn't let Aron go just because you don't want to eat Ayres' contract. The Spurs are the ones that ed up with that signing, that's not Aron's fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure that I've said this before, but how happy would you be if Ayres is making more money than you and you played a bigger role on the team? Maybe that is what Aron is thinking? Baynes made a little bit of a difference in some of the playoff minutes he got. Sure, the minutes were scarce, but he mostly did help in the court time he got IMO. I don't recall Ayres doing anything expect playing garbage time minutes in the playoffs.

Why wouldn't the Spurs pay him a little bit more money and resign him for just one season and see how it goes? If it's a choice between him and Ayres, I would let Ayres go. I agree with the people that say we don't need both, but I wouldn't let Aron go just because you don't want to eat Ayres' contract. The Spurs are the ones that ed up with that signing, that's not Aron's fault.
    Spurstalk meme. Ayres PER was 11.1. Bayne's was 9.7. Aron really isn't any better than 'Errors'.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk meme. Ayres PER was 11.1. Bayne's was 9.7. Aron really isn't any better than 'Errors'.
    He is a bigger body that can at least hold his ground and bang against the bigger centers in the NBA, something Ayres cannot do.

So you're telling me that you'd rather have Ayres?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a bigger body that can at least hold his ground and bang against the bigger centers in the NBA, something Ayres cannot do.

So you're telling me that you'd rather have Ayres?
    Right now it's pretty much a coin flip. If he gets better at catching the ball, it's not even a discussion. They both play off the bench and there just aren't that many big bangers off peoples benches. I'll also tell you that there is no way in that the Spurs eat Ayres $1.75M before Daye or Baynes deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayres is indeed a poor catcher and finisher but he does things that are useful for the Spurs - a good screen setter, very mobile and useful as a P&R defender. Those are not bad attributes for a 4th-5th big.

Baynes, OTOH, is physical, a banger and is visibly useful. But he is also a bad finisher and not a rim protector (better as a post defender). He is still a 3rd-4th big and not much better and is best used situationally. Ideally, the Spurs will be better off getting both of them back as insurance bench players available for a low cost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Det is doing well in FIBA play tbh, even though it was a loss.

http://www.basketball.net.au/airbnb-...-loss-finland/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Jamychal Green and Cotton signed do they even still have a roster spot to bring back Baynes? Or are those two guys just signed to D-league contracts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Jamychal Green and Cotton signed do they even still have a roster spot to bring back Baynes? Or are those two guys just signed to D-league contracts?
    They're signed to NBA contracts with VERY small guarantees, just enough to get them into OUR camp, so when they get cut, they become Toros property.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayres is indeed a poor catcher and finisher but he does things that are useful for the Spurs - a good screen setter, very mobile and useful as a P&R defender. Those are not bad attributes for a 4th-5th big.

Baynes, OTOH, is physical, a banger and is visibly useful. But he is also a bad finisher and not a rim protector (better as a post defender). He is still a 3rd-4th big and not much better and is best used situationally. Ideally, the Spurs will be better off getting both of them back as insurance bench players available for a low cost.
    solid post

It would be nice if either develops into a 15 mpg 4th big man.

Both have solid attributes but are still rough around the edges.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Det is doing well in FIBA play tbh, even though it was a loss.

http://www.basketball.net.au/airbnb-...-loss-finland/
    Wow...22 and 11 on 10-11 shooting. Ballin'!

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes hoping to put on show in Olympics with actual playing time and raise his stock
    He has to wait two more years then. Would it be best if he just signed the QO and do that next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Aron Baynes was the star for the Australians, finishing with a game-high 22 points on a remarkable 10-of-11 shooting to go with 11 rebounds in 25 minutes.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketba...#ixzz3AKgF2is8

Efficient performance by Baynes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How good is Finland? Would they be better than an NBA Summer League team? If so, I think you can see where I am going with this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How good is Finland? Would they be better than an NBA Summer League team? If so, I think you can see where I am going with this.

List of NBA players from Finland

Hanno Möttölä C 2000–2002

Total Population of Finland
    5.5 million

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dante Exum - 10 pts

Against Finland

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the drop dead date on Bayne's QO?

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who's going to bash skulls with Steven Adams next year if he doesn't come back, Ayres?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dante Exum - 10 pts

Against Finland
    Yeah, that caught my eye too... det core though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very very bad, especially from a big point of view. They have great 3 shooting but under the rim they are pathetic.

Thread Information